Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Rather than ordering straight from efx, I went through Redfordfilms.com. They offered free shipping and no non-refundable deposit, so I thought that was a pretty good deal. I've ordered from them before with no problems, so I'd recommend checking them out to those interested in ordering this.

I've just seen the Vader LE helmet at BigBadToyStore, and also did a little test. I added to my cart and clicked "view shipping rates". I then chose Romania and voilà: "shipping USPS Express Mail $262.49 Delivery typically takes 3 to 8 business days. This shipping method is trackable." So why is didn't eFX choose USPS Express Mail instead of stupid FedEx?
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

I'm guessing they have some kind of contract with FedEx, or they haven't had good experiences with USPS. $600 bucks for shipping just blows my mind. You'd think for international customers that they could deal with another shipping company that would have more reasonable rates.

That could be indeed. But even so they should listen to the other customers too. We are paying with hard earned money too, not with carrots. I never had any problems with USPS EMS and I received and sent hundreds of packages already.
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Quote Originally Posted by sergiurusu View Post
    eFx chose FedEx as the only way of shipping. Thus see attached some quotes of shipping in my country and Australia... $671, $818 and $1192!!!

Attachment 24797Attachment 24798
    That is lunacy! Have you contacted anyone in person at eFX, someone above level 1 customer service? They're a small company, you should let them know your plight and see if they can help. They're good folks, founder Bryan Ono is a really cool guy. At the very least, I'll try to talk to him about it at Comic-Con.

I've just seen the Vader LE helmet at BigBadToyStore, and also did a little test. I added to my cart and clicked "view shipping rates". I then chose Romania and voilà: "shipping USPS Express Mail $262.49 Delivery typically takes 3 to 8 business days. This shipping method is trackable." So why is didn't eFX choose USPS Express Mail instead of stupid FedEx?
    I would bet they went with FedEx because FedEx offers a lot of services and insurances right off the bat which the USPS makes complex and expensive as add-ons. Sideshow won't use USPS either.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Sergiurusu, if you don't mind me asking, what did you end up paying for shipping?

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    That is lunacy! Have you contacted anyone in person at eFX, someone above level 1 customer service? They're a small company, you should let them know your plight and see if they can help. They're good folks, founder Bryan Ono is a really cool guy. At the very least, I'll try to talk to him about it at Comic-Con.

I would bet they went with FedEx because FedEx offers a lot of services and insurances right off the bat which the USPS makes complex and expensive as add-ons. Sideshow won't use USPS either.
    I wrote Bryan 2 PM's and no answer, except that they ship with FedEx because box is too big. But BBTS ships with USPS Express Mail no problem. I feel that eFx really didn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    Sergiurusu, if you don't mind me asking, what did you end up paying for shipping?
    From Toy Palace is about 35 Euros IIRC. I had the huge SS Vader 1:1 bust shipped from Toy Palace and shipping for the 2 enormous boxes was 60 Euros or so
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Quote Originally Posted by sergiurusu View Post
    From Toy Palace is about 35 Euros IIRC. I had the huge SS Vader 1:1 bust shipped from Toy Palace and shipping for the 2 enormous boxes was 60 Euros or so
    That's a helluva lot better than the other shipping prices you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    That's a helluva lot better than the other shipping prices you posted.
    Indeed.
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Looks like the limited is sold out now as well. It says alot about what people think of this item, especially considering how rough the economy is. I can hardly wait for it to show up at my doorstep.