Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn View Post
    eFX is a fine company, but their communication sucks big time. Their silence is deafening and frustrating. Production pics or some kind of brief update from time to time would be better than the nothing we get.

Really hope this ships before the end of the year.
    The silence is killing me too, not the quality of the products...
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

It sounds like Gino, over on TheReplicaPropsForum, has approved the sample sent to him and production will start soon. So for those of us who ordered the Legend/Limited, hopefully we won't have to wait a whole lot longer.

It sounds like efx has sent out emails informing people that the first legend helmets are due to start shipping in 30 days. They plan on shipping the legend first and then the limited, so it looks like I'll be waiting a little while longer.

Same here, but a little wait killed no one
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

I'm fine with the wait. It'll give my wallet a bit of a rest. I recently bought an SDS TIE Helmet and an efx BSG Viper helmet, which just arrived today. Plus, I have a Kropserkel Cylon helmet being made right now. I'll post pictures of these hopefully soon. Its a busy time of year for me right now.

Congrats! You might want to ask SDS to send you a pair of hoses for the TIE lid too It will make a big difference when displayed
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

I think I can find similiar hoses locally. I live in a rural area and there are a lot of implement dealers around who sell hoses. I've seen some that look pretty close, but I'll have to compare photos to make sure. As it sits right now, I made two grey foam plugs to put in the tube holes and it doesn't look too bad. I do eventually plan on getting the chestbox and armor.

On a side note, I asked SDS a question about casting the TIE Helmet in white, so I could convert it into an AT-AT driver helmet. They replied that they plan on releasing an AT AT driver helmet later this year. It kind of surprised me cause I thought they were sticking to ANH props.

I got to see both the Limited and Legend production versions at Wondercon last week, and I think they look great, but you really have to know what you're looking for to see the difference. I tried to get it in photos but I was having a really hard time with it: http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/g63...lectibles.html

I think ultimately it's a great piece and has fantastic heritage, but eFX could use more marketing behind it, really sell the idea of that heritage in print instead of just word-of-mouth.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah, if you don't know what to look for they both look pretty much the same. Its the warts and dents that make all the difference. The only real obvious difference is the paint job.

I suppose efx figures that the Vader helmets are going to appeal only to hardcore collectors and marketing is kind of unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    I think I can find similiar hoses locally. I live in a rural area and there are a lot of implement dealers around who sell hoses. I've seen some that look pretty close, but I'll have to compare photos to make sure. As it sits right now, I made two grey foam plugs to put in the tube holes and it doesn't look too bad. I do eventually plan on getting the chestbox and armor.

On a side note, I asked SDS a question about casting the TIE Helmet in white, so I could convert it into an AT-AT driver helmet. They replied that they plan on releasing an AT AT driver helmet later this year. It kind of surprised me cause I thought they were sticking to ANH props.
    I heard about that too. Not sure if they will make just the helmet or the chestbox too and if they will offer them in gray or just white. The AT-AT helmet is one of the coolest SW buckets, and the greeblies are quite tricky, curious how SDS will make them, many others couldn't make them all right, since some are not known till today what they really were.

Anyway back on Vader helmets, can't wait for them to be sent to customers. It was a loooong wait. I can only hope the TIE fighter is not long behind.
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback