Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    I got into a fun argument with Gino over Star Wars last year at a Comic-Con party, he knows his stuff.

As for the Stunt vs Hero molds, I think you're mistaken about them being directly from the same tooling, the case against Ainsworth says that they kept only the stunt molds, and have been passing off reworked stunt molds as being from the hero tooling which they didn't have in their possession. Also, you yourself make the point that the stunt looks different from the hero due to physical differences like the mouth, and the gray trapezoid above the brow being further forward on the hero.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

There are a few RPF threads showing what Gino knowns and don't. He knows a lot but not everything. The frown is just simply filled up for the Hero from the Stunt mold. The material used for Stunt was HDPE and for Hero was ABS. Stunt helmets were the first made and the Hero were from same mold. Everything else is just detailing: lower brow, buibble lenses, paint apps, gray trapezoids, number of screws on the ears etc.
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

efx has updated their website saying that the first batch of legends will ship next week. The limited is going to be shipping the first 2 weeks in June. Can't believe the day is almost finally here.

Finally some good news indeed. The TIE is coming as well.
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Quote Originally Posted by sergiurusu View Post
    Finally some good news indeed. The TIE is coming as well.
    Yeah, the long 2 year wait for the TIE is finally over. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint(I doubt it will).

eFX Collectibles A New Hope Darth Vader Limited Edition helmet:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	005.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	26849Click image for larger version. 

Name:	006.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	26848
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Lookin good. So did it arrive with no blemishes or any other issues? I thought I read somewhere that they were opening them up and checking them before they sent them off. I'm surprised that yours came with an autographed plaque. I thought only the legends came with the signed plaque.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    Lookin good. So did it arrive with no blemishes or any other issues? I thought I read somewhere that they were opening them up and checking them before they sent them off. I'm surprised that yours came with an autographed plaque. I thought only the legends came with the signed plaque.
    I got it for a GREAT deal and besides that I also got 104 Euros value coupon and thus ordered a couple Stormtrooper items, which I will get for free. But I was worried as hell that the eFX Vader bucket will arrive with some kind of damage as so many others did. Glad to see it is in perfect condition - indeed it was verified since I told the shop owner about the problems many had and he checked them all, even thanking me for that. The plaque is custom made and sent to Brian Muir himself to be signed.

Personally with this eFX helmet I'll be Vadered out, excepting if finding a 1:1 uber-accurate reveal ROTJ lid and maybe Attakus Vader 1 if there is a deal I cannot refuse. In fact I'm thinking of selling/trading a few Vader items from my collection as well in the near future. I already have too much Vader collectibles and already sold a Koto Vader. I'm more of a Stormie guy
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

I'm glad you didn't have any problems. It would be a real downer to be looking forward to this and have it show up with damage. We were both fortunate to not have any issues. Here is a pic of mine. I tried to take some pics today, but they didn't look very good, so I'll try another day. I bought a cover from Acrylic Designs to help keep the dust off it, but it adds to the look I think, kind of like how they'd display something in a museum.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	efxdvhlmt 169.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	26850  

Very nice. I have mine displayed next to the Elm-Studios Emperor bust:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image2.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	26851
    MY COLLECTIONS