Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Very cool, nice display for both of you. I hear ya Serg on being Vadered out though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Very cool, nice display for both of you. I hear ya Serg on being Vadered out though.
    Thank you. Hope to get more Stormtroper items in my collection, recently I got a few items I was missing like GG Animated Maquette, Attakus 1:5 and 1:10 Stormies, Sideshow PF, plus the vintage Kenner 12" figure.
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Thanks guys. I wouldn't say I'm Vadered out, but this is most likely my only Vader helmet purchase. My 3 3/4 collection takes up alot of space and i only have so much room for my prop replicas.

I don't separate my Hasbro figures from my larger stuff, so I am Vadered out in general, not any one specific area. I even passed on a McQuarrie concept art poster specifically because it was Vader, it's not that I don't dig the character, it's just that he's been overexposed lately.

I have the Riddell ROTJ Vader mini-helmet that comes apart, it's a pretty cool piece for what it is, but were I to get a full-scale replica I'd want the ESB one and no other... ok, maaaaybe the McQuarrie one.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

If you cough up a few grand the efx McQuarrie could be yours.....provided you can find one.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I don't separate my Hasbro figures from my larger stuff, so I am Vadered out in general, not any one specific area. I even passed on a McQuarrie concept art poster specifically because it was Vader, it's not that I don't dig the character, it's just that he's been overexposed lately.

I have the Riddell ROTJ Vader mini-helmet that comes apart, it's a pretty cool piece for what it is, but were I to get a full-scale replica I'd want the ESB one and no other... ok, maaaaybe the McQuarrie one.
    I don't collect Hasbro figures, never did, I started collecting SW seriously with Action Fleet. I'm Vadered out in all areas, too much Vader stuff in my collection already: figures, busts, statues, props, miscellanea etc. I totally agree he has been overexposed. The same with Boba Fett. There are at least 5-6 Vader collectibles for each Stormtrooper item, and 2-3 Fetts for each TK.

Indeed the scaled Riddell ROTJ reveal Vader helmet is awesome, it was one of my first higher end collectibles, and love it as much as I did the day I got it - I also received it from a guy who had it signed by Dave Prowse. The only Vader item I might consider some day (except the Attakus Vader 1 - if getting a good deal) would be a 1:1 ROTJ reveal Vader lid.
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    If you cough up a few grand the efx McQuarrie could be yours.....provided you can find one.
    I've been coughing and coughing, but nothing so valuable has materialized thus far.

It's quite an enviable piece, every time I see it at these shows I'm in awe. I'd love to see them do a scaled version of it, I think they were talking about doing that at one point, but nothing came of it.

Quote Originally Posted by sergiurusu View Post
    I don't collect Hasbro figures, never did, I started collecting SW seriously with Action Fleet. I'm Vadered out in all areas, too much Vader stuff in my collection already: figures, busts, statues, props, miscellanea etc. I totally agree he has been overexposed. The same with Boba Fett. There are at least 5-6 Vader collectibles for each Stormtrooper item, and 2-3 Fetts for each TK.

Indeed the scaled Riddell ROTJ reveal Vader helmet is awesome, it was one of my first higher end collectibles, and love it as much as I did the day I got it - I also received it from a guy who had it signed by Dave Prowse. The only Vader item I might consider some day (except the Attakus Vader 1 - if getting a good deal) would be a 1:1 ROTJ reveal Vader lid.
    Micro Machines and then Action Fleet were where I started my post-1985 collecting as well. I even made a phone call to Galoob and talked with Jim K. Fong (brand director on Action Fleet) when news of its demise came about, that was great and sad at the same time.

Seems like Boba Fett has been slowing down a little while Vader has been getting more overexposed. Commercials, Sideshow bust and a new 12" figure coming down the pike, all over the merchandise at Disney parks, it's crazy. I couldn't agree more that we need more Stormtrooper stuff compared to the other helmeted guys, but I guess Lucasfilm felt identifying the brand with a relatable single character was more important than getting the best looks out there.

Signed by Prowse, I should have thought to have gotten him to sign mine at Celebration IV when I knew I was going to be at a party with him, that is awesome and now mine is less complete. I'm not even an autograph guy but that is so cool.

Prowse is easy to get. I have him on a couple plaques plus on a few pictures.
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

I have a couple of signed pics from Prowse as well. His autograph will never be worth alot of money, but its nice to have something signed by the guy who was Darth Vader.

One of my favorite signature plaques:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MR Vader plaque 01.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	26875
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback