Hybrid View

Exclamation Yoda's Jedi Duel

EP 2 SET DISCUSSION BELOW

Wow! Has anybody else seen the brickshelf.com pictures yet? It looks like Yoda gets a saber in this one (I know many of you spoiler hunters already know this, but I've purposely kept myself out of the spoiler loop).

I think the set itself looks ho-hum, but we finally get a Yoda figure, with stunted knee-less legs no less. And doesn't the Count Dookie figure look like the Ben figure from the Landspeeder, but on the Jedi Luke body?

With sets like this, I wish Lego would just sell a pack of figures without the ships or other junk. Sometimes you can make up much better stuff with plain Legos than with what they pack in. I would love to get the Lego figures, but without having to pay the high prices for an unwanted set of Lego blocks.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Yeah, I'd love a build-it-yourself SW LEGO kit where you can design your own figures and vehicles and the only instructions you'd get would be the basic ones like how to make a figure with so and so odd accessory.

Wouldn't mind making me a nice team of misc. Jedi and smugglers.

Btw, about the Dooku figure, it's a new torso and head piece, you can see that in the closer pic of the Jedi Starfighter's instructions.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I'm most interested in the crane this set comes with, since someone tossed the spoiler of that into my face a while back. I was expecting it to be bigger, but this should make for a lot of good pieces for building other Lego designs - just a few pieces like these but they can really change the feeling of some of my Lego builds.

BTW, hope you don't mind the little warning I put up there MC.

If anybody is thinking of putting spoilers here, please let us know they're coming beforehand, thank you.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yea the crane is kinda cool, kinda like the nice added extra Vaporator in the Maul vs. Qui lego set, even if the Vaporator is kinda poor, it was still some nice added pieces.

Hmm, looks like the crane might spin around... Maybe it'll let you put Yoda on one end and Dooku's speeder on the other and you can spin'em around and around and around and around.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."

I believe the crane is on one of those gnarly Technic ball joints, so it's nice and frictiony, yet still has plenty of range of motion.

There's another gimmick I really like about the crane, it has a pivoting "block" which, when moved out of the way, allows the crane to come crashing down.

The vaporator in that QGJ vs DM set was ok, but the one with the upcoming Tusken Raider set kicks that one's behind. It's taller and it uses a 4-tooth hinge plate so it can be knocked down.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

i love this set cuase it coems with Yoda and Count Dooku

and the best thing of all sence no one has talked about this if you Zoom in on the picture ( wtich it what i did) of Dookus Lightsaber you can see its a new mold its curlled so we finaly get a new lightsaber
    MACE: (deadly stare) You see that duffel bag under my chair?...it's full of lightsabers. I want you to reach in, pull out my saber and hand it to me...

JORUS: (gulp)...which one is yours?

MACE: It's the one that says BAD M*****F***** on the hilt.

Originally posted by Paul-Kenobi
    i love this set cuase it coems with Yoda and Count Dooku

and the best thing of all sence no one has talked about this if you Zoom in on the picture ( wtich it what i did) of Dookus Lightsaber you can see its a new mold its curlled so we finaly get a new lightsaber
    You sure they just didn't put an upside wild west revolver on the end? You know how they love them revolvers. Droidekas anyone?

No, Paul's right, it's like they took the normal Lego lightsaber hilt, stretched it out, then bent it in 2 places. Interesting idea, I bet it'll make for some good detail pieces for designs that require unorthodox building (these little bend pieces rarely have use in orthodox Lego design, but you can get some crazy stuff to happen, like with those bent technic "motorcycle" fork-holders).