Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    Bad wings at Hooters? Wow. I'm shocked. I've had wings, chicken sandwiches, burgers, and Cuban sandwiches, and every one has been quite good. Wonder if the chef was quitting and didn't give a crap, or something.

I don't really care about the service; most of the women working when I've been there have been way too skanky for my tastes. But I've made many return trips for the food, and I'm generally of the mind that I won't go to a restaurant and pay for anything I can make at home for cheaper.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I've worked in bars and made wings, it's not rocket science, it's actually VERY easy once you get the rhythm down. Everything at our table of 6 or 7 people, everybody said their food was mediocre (except I think Tycho, who just likes everything usually ).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The only problems I have with making wings involve making them mild enough that they don't kill everyone else. (I tend to like my spicy food spicy.)

That really does sound like they had an incompetent cook that evening.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

So, I realize I've missed the boat on 2 panels I took notes on, Transformers and the Lucasfilm Collectibles panel (Gentle Giant, Sideshow, Kotobukiya, eFX). Unfortunately, both panels were somewhat weak, but I think Koto and eFX had some content worth sharing. Think I should pick these up panel notes up a month after the con?

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    The only problems I have with making wings involve making them mild enough that they don't kill everyone else. (I tend to like my spicy food spicy.)

That really does sound like they had an incompetent cook that evening.
    Maybe, but it was a bad enough experience that I haven't had the desire to go back in the last 3 years since. I mean, how hard is it to fry and toss non-breaded chicken wings? Apparently, it's really hard to the 3-man circus that was running their kitchen that night (I watched them work while we waited for a seat).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.