Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Prepaid parking was a total success for me. Hopefully everyone had the same experience.
    Well, the trolley ride there on Sunday was the single most crowded trolley I've ever been in. But the ride back was nearly deserted, so it balanced out.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Thanks very much for sharing JT, really looking forward to all your reports, especially the exclusive tidbits. I'll never get to attend one of these conventions myself, so it's great to visit vicariously through you and the SSG staff - we really appreciate all your hard work.
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

First, an update. I had posted live from the Family Guy panel about the SW prequel question, but the article didn't have its body attached correctly, so I've put that in place. I am not sure if I'll bother to write-up what I saw from the 9 minutes of the ROTJ episode they showed, "It's a Trap!" but I will say it looked better than the ESB ep.

Second, I'll just do the main correction I had in mind right now and post it in the news regarding the Hoth Assault boxed sets.

Third, I hope you guys have read the live coverage from the Hasbro SW Panel, I ended up writing it on Steve's computer, hence his name is on it:
    http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index....articleid=2982
    I'm really pleased how much came through in that one, that was the first live update I found not difficult (except Steve's computer volume was up WAY loud and making a sound every time I posted, which was embarrassing ). It's also the one that needs the correction from 11:50am. And there are a few comments in there that were responses to questions folks were asking in the live box, I didn't realize they weren't getting posted in the main window so I was answering them in the main window assuming you guys would be able to read 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    The coverage sounds awesome - thanks so much for getting it! Get to whatever you want first, but I'm most excited about the Derryl conversations . . . just so you know.
    Oh, I know, believe me.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Yeah, the DePriest interview is what I'm most interested in. That and the walkthrough of the Star Wars booth. The whatever the corrections are....

Basically, start from the bottom of your list and work your way up.
    I would, although the Derryl walkthrough and interview are going to be beastly work because I have to transcribe all of it by hand, but some of the other stuff is in my head (like the force fx hands-on).

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    [FONT=Courier New]Thanks for all the hard work. Can't wait to hear all that have to tell us.[/FONT]
    You're quite welcome. Any questions you have about the coverage or the con, please hit me up, it'll help jog my memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Prepaid parking was a total success for me. Hopefully everyone had the same experience.
    Oh my goodness, that was so perfect (except the first day finding the entirely hidden convention center parking lot entrance), that really made my convention so much better, being able to drop off stuff in the car, bring extra clothes for parties, and not use the trolley, it was just fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Did you guys talk at all about the possibilities of a Sail Barge?
    I did not because Tycho spent so much time doing it that I felt like a heel. I will tell you FROM MY RECOLLECTION WHICH MAY BE FLAWED that the responses I heard sounded like there was a little movement in that direction, a little more hope than before. They've already been trying to figure out a way to make it work, but as their answers keep saying, there isn't enough entertainment support and it isn't aggressive enough by itself. But they are trying, they know we want it, and when we support stuff like the big AT-AT, it helps move us 1 step closer to stuff like the sail barge. It's not something we'll be seeing tomorrow, but it's also not dead, just waiting for a way to make it work at market.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    So traffic was bad on the San Angeles freeways?
    I always thought that was where San Francisco and Los Angeles merged to make a supercity. Demolition Man was kinda confusing in that regard, like so what, an earthquake causes a supercity on the edge of Culifuhnia, but why would the rest of the country be like that? The only thing they sadly got right was Taco Bell.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid View Post
    Thanks again to all the work you guys do to report back to those of us who can't be at these conventions.

I can't wait to read the interview.

As I look at the other sites, it really does seem to me like this site is actually more positive. That we make an effort to understand things that we don't like and to at least see why Hasbro makes certain decisions. And if we really hate something, we are usually pretty articulate about why. Hopefully Hasbro appreciates that.

Really if you look at some of the other sites I'm not sure why those folks are still in the hobby.
    You're so welcome.

I am glad that positivity comes through for you, I feel it too but so often it seems like outsiders see our group being fastidious as being entirely negative when it's often anything but. I guarantee you though that the Hasbro SW team sees it as a positive, and understands where we're coming from, and appreciates that we know we can't have everything our way but we can still strive for it.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Well, the trolley ride there on Sunday was the single most crowded trolley I've ever been in. But the ride back was nearly deserted, so it balanced out.
    That's so funny, last year I took the Sunday trolley to and from Tycho's place, and the ride in was empty while the ride back was wall to wall people, like standing in another SDCC line to get home.

Quote Originally Posted by sebillba View Post
    Thanks very much for sharing JT, really looking forward to all your reports, especially the exclusive tidbits. I'll never get to attend one of these conventions myself, so it's great to visit vicariously through you and the SSG staff - we really appreciate all your hard work.
    Sure thing, but I hope you actually do some day get a chance to go, because it'll blow your mind. I know it's a crazy long journey from the UK, but if you can make 5 days happen in your schedule, you'll have an amazing time.

Ok, back to the salt mines for ol' JT...
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    First, an update. I had posted live from the Family Guy panel about the SW prequel question, but the article didn't have its body attached correctly, so I've put that in place. I am not sure if I'll bother to write-up what I saw from the 9 minutes of the ROTJ episode they showed, "It's a Trap!" but I will say it looked better than the ESB ep.
    Did they show what Meg was?

Demolition Man was kinda confusing in that regard, like so what, an earthquake causes a supercity on the edge of Culifuhnia, but why would the rest of the country be like that?
    Nah, San Angeles became a supercity because of the Corona Aurora, "Crown of the Gods". Power Rangers taught me that.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Awesome shots of the boxes. I love the art, though I wonder if it will properly convey what the consumer is getting (they can always just look on the back anyway).

For comparison's sake, the 2007 Ultimate Battle Pack from Hoth was $50 and had 3 super-articulated figures, 5 less-than-super-articulated figures, a repaint of the 1980 AT-ST, and a new turret. The new stuff is $80 combined and has 6 super-articulated figures (one of which looks to me mostly new, and another of which has significantly new parts), a repaint of the superior (but technically not ESB-accurate) 2009 AT-ST, a repaint of the 2007 turret, the 2003 E-WEB cannon, and a new Rebel cannon. I guess that's about right. Getting the AT-ST again with extra figures and stuff for cheaper than it was a year ago is pretty great, at least. I'm excited for these sets.

My Force FX removable blade saber hands-on writeup is up: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index....articleid=2986
    I really didn't expect to have that much to say about them, but it flowed quite easily. I tried to keep each paragraph clean and short and separate so whatever info you'd want to know is there without a lot of searching through my overwritten prose.

BTW, the HasbroToyShop booth line opened on preview night at 5:30 when the exhibit hall opened and capped at 5:50. Friday through Sunday there was no line. I guess Triple-T Sgt. Slaughter and Galactus really drew folks in, they were the ones to sell out and once gone, the lines went with them.

I'm going to take a break and then start transcribing the display walkthrough audio.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malakite View Post
    Did they show what Meg was?
    I thought about the discussion we had on here about that very question when they showed it. She's the Sarlacc, and the grossest SW Meg yet. I guess TV Guide got it wrong about Rush Limbaugh being the Sarlacc.

Nah, San Angeles became a supercity because of the Corona Aurora, "Crown of the Gods". Power Rangers taught me that.
    That reminds me, Nickelodeon was giving out comic-con exclusive DVDs of the pilot PR episode, I grabbed one for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Awesome shots of the boxes. I love the art, though I wonder if it will properly convey what the consumer is getting (they can always just look on the back anyway).
    In this case, the art shows everything in the box... plus snow. Whether that'll be dynamic enough to carry it over the finish line, I don't know, but I suspect I'll end up buying both since I passed on the first pressing of the Hoth Turret, and the new Radar Cannon is nice, $40 is decent for each set.

For comparison's sake, the 2007 Ultimate Battle Pack from Hoth was $50 and had 3 super-articulated figures, 5 less-than-super-articulated figures, a repaint of the 1980 AT-ST, and a new turret. The new stuff is $80 combined and has 6 super-articulated figures (one of which looks to me mostly new, and another of which has significantly new parts), a repaint of the superior (but technically not ESB-accurate) 2009 AT-ST, a repaint of the 2007 turret, the 2003 E-WEB cannon, and a new Rebel cannon. I guess that's about right. Getting the AT-ST again with extra figures and stuff for cheaper than it was a year ago is pretty great, at least. I'm excited for these sets.
    Yeah, that's the long and short of it. These are collector-friendlier sets I think, and splitting the packs makes it easier to build whatever armies folks want. I suspect some collectors will balk at $40 for each of these though, just because they're not used to this format and it's closed-box presentation, but I hope folks see the bigger picture of these before they make up their minds.

Some collectors might balk at the $40 because they already have a lot of the contents. As much as I'd like the other Trooper, the radar cannon, and the turret, that's kinda pricey for just those three items.

BTW, was it actually Hasbro who designed those sweet dioramas, or did they bring in someone? Those topped all the previous dioramas they've brought in.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by me
    So traffic was bad on the San Angeles freeways?
    I always thought that was where San Francisco and Los Angeles merged to make a supercity. Demolition Man was kinda confusing in that regard, like so what, an earthquake causes a supercity on the edge of Culifuhnia, but why would the rest of the country be like that? The only thing they sadly got right was Taco Bell.
    Ehh doesn't really matter, you got the reference that is the important part. Just remember that "even the wild west wasn't the wild west."

Demolition Man was just a great little satire. You can't think too much about the logic of it.
    Tommy, close your eyes.