Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Just to show how absurd SDCC's registration and hotel systems are, in 2 years of their online badge registration system, I've only managed a single day pass for Thursday of this year.

In that same time span, I've been assigned my first choice in the hotel registration lotteries both this year and last year. And it's a downtown hotel within reasonable distance of the convention center to boot. So apparently, at least for me, it's a LOT easier to land housing than it is a badge for the convention.

I set myself up at the Town and Country in Hotel Circle back in February. It was the cheapest and I don't mind the morning drive into the convention center. If I can't pre-pay parking, I'll take the shuttle in.

Maradona, that's 2 freeway exits from where I live.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

That's why I was so surprised that you didn't get your badges last year since sales were going on right by your house.

FB, you have the worst badge luck man, it's so frustrating. I actually get mad on your behalf about it.

My mom and her husband want to go this year, I had to explain to them about the badge situation, it's VERY frustrating.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Tycho, I love Hotel Circle. I stay there every summer for SDCC, along with the occasional trip there for the AVID conference. Everything an out of towner needs is there. My now ex-ladyfriend also loved it and we'd make it a point to visit the Target, as there was always something we'd forgotten to bring.

Yes, I do have the worst luck with badges

I wouldn't mind staying at the Town and Country and even ranked it high on my hotel lottery list. The one reservation I have is fear of the shuttles and/or trolleys getting overcrowded. I went to the Town and Country 2 years ago for badge pick up and both of the trolley lines I took to get there were extremely packed and not entirely from con goers either.

Well, they've done it again, albeit in a smaller way. 2 years ago, I was able to get parking in the convention center because they posted the news of the permits going live on their website. So last year, I subscribed to the site's RSS feed and they never posted that news there, only on their Facebook, so I missed out on the convention center and had to settle for second place, permits for the Hilton (same price and it's next door, but it's still a bit of a schlep compared to how beautiful parking at the convention center was). This year, they announced the parking would be available mid-April and they'd post it on their Facebook, I don't do FB but I was able to create their FB posts as an RSS feed and also created a feed from their Twitter, then added it to my Google Reader, my phone, my tablet, everything I could think of. Well, today the news went up that passes were available, I was there right away, and lo-and-behold, the friggin' Convention Center was already sold out. Why? BECAUSE THE PARKING WENT AVAILABLE LAST WEDNESDAY!!!! What the hell is that?!? Waiting 5 days to make it known to the public? This is ridiculous, at this point you'll have to be a blood relative of one of the SDCC committee members to go to this show, and a household member to park there.

At least I got passes for the Hilton again.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I think the SDCC organizers prioritized the exhibitors for the convention center parking, just like it seems they do for the HTS line on preview night.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    I think the SDCC organizers prioritized the exhibitors for the convention center parking, just like it seems they do for the HTS line on preview night.
    Then they shouldn't bother saying it'll be available at all. Next year I'm just going to bypass Comic-Con's info altogether and go straight to the Permit Store page every day.

They have now started a line to get an ID number for the Permit to Complain line.

Only a limited number of complaints will be accepted, so you must get a log-in ID first in order to complain.

Note that the new complaints will be allowed on a first-come-first-served bases until the complaint quota has reached it's maximum capacity.

Please respond immediately when your number in line in scheduled, as the time and numbers of complaints allowed will have to be limited due to regulations set by Homeland Security.

Major Un Farley
    Comic Con Bored of Directionless
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.