Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Use Petco Park for programming ... limit the number of people at the venue in general.
    I like all of your suggestions, JT, but the two above are my favorites. I've called for Petco Park to be used for years and this can seemingly be implemented quicker than most of the other measures. Thousands upon thousands can be accommodated there. The big Hall H panels can move there, the suddenly bigger Ballroom 20 panels can move down to Hall H, and the congestion of the 1-6ABCD rooms can be alleviated by the extra space made available from freeing up 20. A simple solution without having to immediately construct anything permanent.

Just pre-ordered the Mattel exclusives for SDCC. The only one I missed out on was the Monster High offering (judgment-free zone here, people). I still wish that HTS would get their act together and set up pre-orders like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    I like all of your suggestions, JT, but the two above are my favorites. I've called for Petco Park to be used for years and this can seemingly be implemented quicker than most of the other measures. Thousands upon thousands can be accommodated there. The big Hall H panels can move there, the suddenly bigger Ballroom 20 panels can move down to Hall H, and the congestion of the 1-6ABCD rooms can be alleviated by the extra space made available from freeing up 20. A simple solution without having to immediately construct anything permanent.
    The problem with Petco is it's a large venue and would be expensive to rent and expensive to staff, and its shape isn't really the type of thing they're looking for, but it's better than NO solution which is what they have right now. Also, they should use Petco's ticket windows to do... ticket stuff for SDCC if nothing else, but sometimes Petco will be in use the first day of Comic-Con for the Padres to exhibit their amazing skills of choking in the clutch so consistently. Petco also has the public park area behind that could be used for some sort of queuing or exhibit space (it'd have to be closed to the public for anything Comic-Con anyway). There are solutions, the city and the con committee just need to think more outside the box (the box being the large rectangle west of Harbor drive).

I hate having to suggest limiting attendance, I have friends even today who want to go but cannot year after year, but the reality is that the convention is at capacity every year and has to pull shenanigans just to get an extra 2k people in, renting space in the Marriott for lesser stuff like films and then telling the fire marshal that those 2k people will at any one time use those facilities instead of the main convention facilities. Until SDCC gets a real solution or at least a way to get 10k people out of the convention center at any one time, attendance needs to be limited to existing numbers.

Just pre-ordered the Mattel exclusives for SDCC. The only one I missed out on was the Monster High offering (judgment-free zone here, people). I still wish that HTS would get their act together and set up pre-orders like this.
    I don't even know what to say to that Monster High thing.

I don't know how great the Mattel pre-order situation is, those people who preordered seem to wait in line just as long as the HTS people. Or am I missing something? Also, I wouldn't trust Hasbro not to accidentally sell my stuff before I picked it up. That said, yeah, HTS' booth is a disaster now and something does need to be done, even if it's not the perfect way. Pre-orders and Hasbro have never worked well in the past, but I'd take that over the mess they have now.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I preordered one for a friend and could have added one for you!

We'll have to coordinate on the Hasbro exclusives for sure.

Tomorrow is the last chance for badge resales so wish me luck on getting a Fri and/or Sat badge.

Maybe I'll get lucky at SDCC and be able to pick one up. I hope tomorrow works out.

I came close but a strikeout is a strikeout...Looks like I'll have just a day at the con but a multi day stay in SD.

Ouch. Which day are you there? I can help you get a pass for next year. I won't be buying an extra this time.

Ouch. Which day are you there? I can help you get a pass for next year. I won't be buying an extra this time.
    I don't think they're having on site pre reg for next year but if they are, I'll take you up on that offer.

And I'll be there Thurs. Could have bought a Sunday this morning but didn't feel that finding a hotel for an additional night was worth it.

SDCC just got more crowded:

http://www.thewalkingdeadescape.com/

At least Petco Park is being used for something...

Given that all the freebie stuff is outside now, I'm more or less planning on being in town part of that week and just taking the trolley into downtown to hang out a day or so. The cost of admission cancels out the savings on the half-price trade paperbacks, and it's becoming more difficult to get into any panels.

However, if anyone is braving the Hasbro panel and doesn't want to get the Shockwave HISS Tank and can snag me one (assuming the cost doesn't turn out to be absolutely insane), I would be eternally grateful.
    Tommy, close your eyes.