Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

San Diego Comic Con Already Sold Out?

There are stories going around that 4 Day Passes with Sneak Preview Night for Comic Con 2011 are already sold out.

This is getting ridiculous!

I've tried to go online to buy my tickets for next year's Comic Con but could not purchase them yet.

Perhaps they will be opening the sales up again soon?

I should have bought my tickets for next year at the show last week. Who'd have thought?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

They need to split the toys/comics and movie stuff, maybe with a little overlap. I've said before it's losing the "Comic" and emphasizing the "Con," but this is ridiculous. This year, I only found three booths selling new comics. I was looking for a specific, fairly anticipated comic book (GIJoe #156, the continuation of the old Marvel series). It came out last Wednesday. Every one of the three booths told me they "didn't bring them."

Let the movie part of it go to Anaheim so I don't have to mess with it.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I don't know, Chux. The DC and Marvel booths were going pretty crazy the entire show, IDW was happening as well, and even smaller comic publishers like Fantagraphics had some action. But there's no market in a regular retailer bringing new comics to the show anymore, nobody is looking to spend cover price at Comic-Con thanks to direct sales. I also noticed the Warner, Fox, and other studio booths were scaled back a bit this year, and still busy but not as insane as the last few years. It's the panels where I think the studios have really overtaken Comic-Con, Hall H has become a joke. Also, let's be realistic, the comic market is pretty soft, the majority of comic dealers this year are in golden and silver age titles, and there is a rift between big and little at SDCC in terms of Comic-Con. Without the big stuff, studio and the big comic publishers, I don't think Comic-Con could support itself anywhere anymore, SD or Anaheim.

As for the preview night passes, the website says "sold out" but they're talking about this year's, they haven't updated the site yet from the 2010 badge info. That said, I saw a ton of people just re-upping right at the show, you get "this year's" price and are much more likely to get Preview Night that way, so yeah, I think it's not surprising that the PN badges are going to be tougher to get from here on out. The moment those new badges go on sale, I suggest you grab yours.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I still haven't been able to buy my Comic Con tickets for next year.

Has anyone else got theirs?

When will they go on sale?

I want the 4-day and will make sure I get it early to get the Sneak Preview Pass.

I'm going to go all 4 days again, most likely.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Still says "soon". This is ridiculous.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

At the behest of my lady friend, we stood in line on the Sunday of SDCC to get next year's passes. And thank the Maker, I listened to her. A little over an hour later, all the 4 day passes w/preview night were sold out. From now on, while I wait in the increasingly gargantuan preview night line (we were about 40th in line this year), I'm immediately purchasing the next year's passes.

So... the only way to get 4-day passes is to go back in time to get back in line? Easy.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I'm hoping they'll sell more 4-days with the Preview Night later.

You know: "Ooops. We just 'found out' that we didn't yet sell out to capacity."

In any case, yeah really - you need a time machine to attend Comic Con.

But what about Clones to stand in line for you so you can get into all the programs you want to attend?

Then you need to buy passes for your clones, it's a downward spiral.

Unless you clone the passes?

Maybe someone will develop an app where you can "peek into" any and all of the panels, and on an iPad or similar device you can watch multiple ones concurrently.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega