Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    This year seems even more a fustercluck than previous years.

I'll share about my experience with completely clueless twits at the HTS ticket line later. But for now, I'm heading back in.
    Agreed on both points but I'm too tired from my 3.5 days there for now to elaborate.

I guess it's really hard to get all of your staff on the same page????

Sorry I wasn't able to meet people at an SSG Lunch I assume most here went to while at the Con.

I can't remember why I was busy at that hour, but I made everything I wanted to this year:

Sons of Anarchy
    Wilfred
    Falling Skies
    Star Wars
    Transformers

Only Walking Dead had to be missed because it was scheduled concurrently with Star Wars.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Here's something else to add to the convention center's missteps. Wi-fi is only available if you're with AT&T.
    That turned out not to be true, they had a free wifi available to all the whole show, it was just the same mediocre wifi as last year, and it didn't work in the southeast corner of the convention center.

It turns out my cousin was called in at the last minute for Sunday security, she was working afternoon shift at Hall D's door, I must have missed her by an hour, I almost went back that way but ended up hanging out with Steve the rest of the afternoon instead. My cuz said they didn't supply parking and didn't really give them instruction beyond "badges yes, no badges no", with that info she caught a WHOLE FAMILY who had gotten through the front doors and were heading into the hall without badges.

I am quite curious of what Chux has to say about the SDCC2012 kiosks, I haven't heard much but what I heard was worrying.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I am quite curious of what Chux has to say about the SDCC2012 kiosks, I haven't heard much but what I heard was worrying.
    Not much. I wasn't kidding when I said the increase was too much to stomach, and didn't bother.

I know it's early, but did everyone get their ID #'s and have everything taken care of for this year? Anyone just say forget it? I'm all good, just need a place to stay, but that's more fun to come huh? I hope they makes changes for the better this year.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I'm registered but haven't been notified to buy my tickets yet.

I had a different kind of pass last year and I wasn't allowed to buy this year's tickets on site.

So I became an "e-mail member," and await my chance to get ripped-off.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I'm registered but haven't been notified to buy my tickets yet.

I had a different kind of pass last year and I wasn't allowed to buy this year's tickets on site.

So I became an "e-mail member," and await my chance to get ripped-off.
    This has gotten completely out of hand! Here's the thing, you now pretty much have had to go the previous year to go the next year. So lets just say you can't make it because something happens you can never get in.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

No, but you have to be prepared for disappointment. Half the tickets were held back for selling online, and there doesn't seem to be a first-come-first-served order to the member ID thing, so you could have gotten your member id first and still not get your tickets if they sell out fast.

I was just looking at this last night because I was at the SDCC website for the Wondercon page (they've moved Wondercon to Anaheim) and it needs the same member ID thing. Very convoluted, but it could fix some of the problems of people buying extra passes.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

What about scalping the passes you can buy, JT?

Is that still possible?

So they even check if say, I sell my pass to a girl named Carly, and SHE approaches the doors wearing a nametag that says Josh?

Who knows if they'll implement tighter security regarding badges. Actually, come July I can ask my cousin, she worked security last year on Sunday and will be working the whole show this year, but they don't tell them in advance anything like this. Maybe they'll make everybody wear wristbands color-coded by gender or age.