Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Three words: camp out Friday.

I gave up on Hall H entirely last year. I figured I could wait all day to see one movie preview for a movie I'll eventually see previews for anyway (and they stopped giving out awesome freebies a few years ago), or I could go and enjoy the rest of the Con.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post

I gave up on Hall H entirely last year. I figured I could wait all day to see one movie preview for a movie I'll eventually see previews for anyway (and they stopped giving out awesome freebies a few years ago), or I could go and enjoy the rest of the Con.
    The give-aways are still in force. You are issued a ticket and can redeem the ticket for the give-away. Almost every panel in H and 20 have these. Saturday seems to be the only day worth sitting in Hall H this year. I'm happy to coordinate lining up outside for the hall early, I just don't want to sit there for hours in the early morning cold for someone who slept comfortably, ate a nice breakfast, and had a slow morning, while I got up extra early and sat in a collapsable chair eating protein bars. I find that to be inherently unfair.

Seriously? Last time I went to Hall H, there weren't any giveaways, and I think Watchmen was the only panel that year that had any.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    The Dark Knight Returns parts 1 & 2. I thought there might be an official announcement for Flashpoint, which was leaked by Kevin Conroy.
    Oh man, I forgot they were doing The Dark Knight Returns as an animated. There's another TDKR movie this year that distracted me.

Flashpoint as a movie? Not for me, thanks.

Saturday. One word, one letter: Hall H

http://comic-con.org/cci/cci12_prog_sat.php
    Ugh, that's a brutal listing, it's going to be SO difficult to get into that day, and I haven't even looked at that day's other schedule yet. This is the first year I can imagine actually camping Hall H all day.

They have put up a note saying the rules about camping out have changed, it's confusing now.

Seriously? Last time I went to Hall H, there weren't any giveaways, and I think Watchmen was the only panel that year that had any.
    When I got my giveaways from Ballroom 20 last year (it's at the Marriott now, and very hard to find), there were several Hall H giveaways in there as well.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I've got shirts from both Iron Man films, Captain America, Green Lantern (granted that was from WonderCon), and a ton of posters for film I don't care for, along with a few that I cherish (like the Watchmen poster). I usually give my freebies away to my students as prizes for doing well on tests or projects. It's amazing the amount of goodwill engendered by a free t-shirt to an inner city kid. I've gotten more pins and bags and lanyards and books at these panels than I could ever use for myself. If you'll only be there for one day, then having it spent inside Hall H is probably not the way to experience SDCC. But if you're there for the duration, a day of decent programming in Hall H is not wasted, especially capped off by Kevin Smith, who is disturbingly funny in person.

I'm probably a failure as a nerd, because I didn't think Smith was especially funny or witty in person.

And I tend to laugh at just about anything.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Just looked over Friday, seems like a lot of frontloading, and there's so many panels this year I see non-evening content is now in the evenings. Should just keep the convention open 24 hours a day at this point.

My Fri:

- SW Collectibles (2nd year in a row that the SW Day icon is gone, that sucks)

!!! Community (NO FAIR! BURN IN HELL YOU COUNTER-PROGRAMMING BASTARDS!)

- - Nickelodeon's TMNT (was looking forward to this, then I saw the trailer, now I can't imagine watching this, and I'd go specifically to say it to their faces, lucky for them I can't go)

- Hasbro SW (nice to see Derryl there, but I am going to have a hard time holding my tongue even to him)

!!! Venture Bros (UNF**ING REAL! BURN IN HELL AGAIN! I HATE YOU WITH THE PASSION OF A THOUSAND SUNS SCHEDULING DEMONS!!!)

- - Siegel and Shuster and Finger (great, another comic panel I can't go to as well, it's like a conspiracy.)

- - Cult pilot (Rockne OBannon? Aw man, Farscape was da bomb so this would have been worth a look.)

- - SW Books (I dunno, maybe)

- - Larry Hama Spotlight (won't be the same without Chux)

- Adult Swim NTSF:SD:SUV:: (I love this show, but it's probably not gonna happen)

X - Mattel (I'm not interested as they've driven me out through high pricing and troubled distribution, but it sucks to be Steve because he'll want to cover this, but also cover Hasbro's panel which ends when this begins and is on the other side of the convention center, also Hasbro at this time will have the showroom update.)

!!! Big Bang Theory (rats, pretty much impossible since it's a Hall H line, would require a miracle to see. I think Steve also wanted to see this one, maybe I'll shoot for the replay that night)

!!! Firefly 10th Anniversary (Did I not call this?!? I'll have 30 minutes to get there, but activity downstairs in the showroom plus multiple panels, and there's no way 30 mins will be enough to get me in that line anyway.)

- Children's Hospital

- ILM Art (damn, another counter-programmed one)

- - Aqua Teen (sharing with Squidbillies kills my need to see this, but so does being on the other side of the con when it starts)

- - SW Origami (eh, could be interesting as a backup panel)

- Tron Uprising (sucks to be SW Origami because I'll be at this instead)

- Robot Chicken DC comics special (dang, this I don't think I can make happen just by being at the Hilton during the end of Tron Uprising, I could see trying to make 'em both if they were closer)

- - Arrow pilot screening Q&A (probably not, but I am curious)

- - LEGO Fan community (same)

- - Mattel & DC (kind of interesting, but the poor quality of the TDKR line gives me only tepid interest)

- - SW Publishing (... a little annoying how many "sorta" things are in this timeslot)

- - Wreck it Ralph

- - the new Peanuts comic (want to see how they handle this. There are 12 panels at 3pm this day, and I have interest in 7 of those )

- - Black Dynamite (was a first-level interest until I saw Bob's Burgers on this list)

- Bob's Burgers (ugh, very little chance of me making this, and I missed it last year by a dozen people in that line)

- - 50th Anniversary of Marvel Superheroes (again, would have been top-tier but how complex my schedule is has sapped the fight from me on these things)

- - Sony Pictures Total Recall, Looper, and Elysium (all sound interesting but also bad)

- - Brickleberry (I want to see Tosh's show, but I also kinda want to see it crash and burn)

- Optimus Prime (PETER CULLEN PETER CULLEN PETER CULLEN LARRY KING LARRY KING LARRY KING! Cullen's a great panelist, saw him at Botcon, and Larry King is awesome in general)

- - And Then What Happened (serialized shows that ended too soon, would be a top-tier choice had it not been on the opposite side of the convention center as the Cullent/King panel was ending)

- Blade Runner 30th anniversary (oh... oh man. "I've almost seen things you people wouldn't believe. Lines ten-thousand deep on fire under the blazing San Diego sun. I watched panels fill to capacity near the B gate. All those moments will be lost, like tears in rain.")

- - Defiance (I have no idea what this is, but the description looks interesting)

- Hall H/Ballroom 20 Friday playback

- - 35 Years of Heavy Metal

- - Space Command

- Worst Cartoons Ever

- Spike & Mike The Gauntlet

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I've got shirts from both Iron Man films, Captain America, Green Lantern (granted that was from WonderCon), and a ton of posters for film I don't care for, along with a few that I cherish (like the Watchmen poster). I usually give my freebies away to my students as prizes for doing well on tests or projects. It's amazing the amount of goodwill engendered by a free t-shirt to an inner city kid. I've gotten more pins and bags and lanyards and books at these panels than I could ever use for myself. If you'll only be there for one day, then having it spent inside Hall H is probably not the way to experience SDCC. But if you're there for the duration, a day of decent programming in Hall H is not wasted, especially capped off by Kevin Smith, who is disturbingly funny in person.
    Nice hauls!

I'm probably a failure as a nerd, because I didn't think Smith was especially funny or witty in person.

And I tend to laugh at just about anything.
    Weird, I can understand not liking his movies, but his panels are generally funny and witty. His youtube video about him being asked to do a movie for Prince was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    - - Larry Hama Spotlight
    You've got to be kidding me. The first year I'm not going, and they do this?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

You've got to be kidding me. The first year I'm not going, and they do this?
    Sorry dude. I knew you'd be upset. Hopefully it'll be on youtube or something.