Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 182
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Not suprisingly, every hotel is sold out. Are there any rooms left at your hotel, JT? We could try for an SSG block of rooms.
    The hotel I'm doing is 8 miles southeast and their price has more than doubled since I made those reservations a month ago, it's not really worth it unless you love the trolley and spending too much for what I'm sure will be a middling room. At $65 it was worth it to me, at $150 and up it's likely not going to be when for $50 more a night you can be within a mile at a bed & breakfast.


    As for the time shares, we were getting quotes of $1100 for 1 or 2 bedrooms last month (1 or 2 bedrooms are listed usually as sleeping between 4 and 10) within 5-10 miles of the convention center, and walking distance was I think around double that. If we had serious interest, we could start that legwork back up - I am sure I can get the links Steve and I were passing around to start with - but it requires an up-front commitment which is part of the difficulty.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    The hotel I'm doing is 8 miles southeast and their price has more than doubled since I made those reservations a month ago, it's not really worth it unless you love the trolley and spending too much for what I'm sure will be a middling room. At $65 it was worth it to me, at $150 and up it's likely not going to be when for $50 more a night you can be within a mile at a bed & breakfast.



    As for the time shares, we were getting quotes of $1100 for 1 or 2 bedrooms last month (1 or 2 bedrooms are listed usually as sleeping between 4 and 10) within 5-10 miles of the convention center, and walking distance was I think around double that. If we had serious interest, we could start that legwork back up - I am sure I can get the links Steve and I were passing around to start with - but it requires an up-front commitment which is part of the difficulty.
    Thanks for the update. $1100 divided 3 ways (Steve, you, and I) is not bad at all, even better if we can another person. Is this for Wednesday through Sunday occupancy? We just need a place to store loot, sleep, and shower.

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Thanks for the update. $1100 divided 3 ways (Steve, you, and I) is not bad at all, even better if we can another person. Is this for Wednesday through Sunday occupancy? We just need a place to store loot, sleep, and shower.
    At least. Some are a full week requirement, but that wouldn't be a problem for me, I can work from anywhere so long as I have my phone and laptop.

    Well, if you're serious I guess we should start looking into that again.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  4. #164
    I am. Are there any other interested parties? FB?

  5. #165
    So parking went on sale without any announcement that I saw and the convention center and nearby hotel are already sold out.

  6. #166
    Parking was only announced on Twitter and Facebook, and the official SDCC Twitter and Facebook were 40 minutes behind the time on that when it finally did go live. I had posted notices in advance about the SDCC parking somewhere and texted, but I guess I forgot to post here, sorry about that. It was back on April 19th. You're gonna hate me, I got convention center parking this year again. The servers overloaded for almost an hour starting at 9am, so it took a ton of patience to get those convention center parking passes, and they and the Hilton were sold out within 2 and a half hours this year. Last year, the Hilton didn't sell out for days. And this year came with higher fees despite no added server quality and a very half-assed computer system reliant on calling a Google Map that itself then pulls a layer from their sales system, it was a wreck.


    I just learned last night that my condo is doing our tented termite fumigation the 3 days preceding SDCC, ending preview night day 5 hours after I'll have left town, so I won't be able to sleep in my own bed for a solid week, and when I do get home I won't have my key, I won't have any food or drinks, won't even have my potted plant. It's going to be super challenging to do it this way, my sister is probably going to be able to put me up at least.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  7. #167
    I finally got hotel accommodations at a hotel with shuttle service to the con and a trolley stop at the corner. That will have to do. I think it will be imperative to get parking on preview night and Thursday, in hopes of being able to pick up whatever exclusives I'm lucky enough to get. Figrin and I got lucky last year and will hopefully be able to do so again. Since I won't be parking the danish gravy train at the con, my backpack will get very good usage.

    Perhaps we should do a pre-SDCC meet to plan a collective strategy for this year to make sure all of us can acquire as many of the exclusives as we are searching for and get into the panels we'd like to.

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    I finally got hotel accommodations at a hotel with shuttle service to the con and a trolley stop at the corner. That will have to do. I think it will be imperative to get parking on preview night and Thursday, in hopes of being able to pick up whatever exclusives I'm lucky enough to get. Figrin and I got lucky last year and will hopefully be able to do so again. Since I won't be parking the danish gravy train at the con, my backpack will get very good usage.

    Perhaps we should do a pre-SDCC meet to plan a collective strategy for this year to make sure all of us can acquire as many of the exclusives as we are searching for and get into the panels we'd like to.
    Glad to hear you got a hotel and one that has shuttle service and a trolley stop. None of the vacation rental places have gone down yet, so that's looking like a miss.

    I like the idea of a strategy meeting, it'll have to be fairly close to SDCC just because of how late most intel seems to come out of there, but maybe the week before if Bikerscout wants to come, or the weekend before if not.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Glad to hear you got a hotel and one that has shuttle service and a trolley stop. None of the vacation rental places have gone down yet, so that's looking like a miss.

    I like the idea of a strategy meeting, it'll have to be fairly close to SDCC just because of how late most intel seems to come out of there, but maybe the week before if Bikerscout wants to come, or the weekend before if not.
    After June 15, my schedule is super flexible until the end of July, so I should be able to make any meeting.

  10. #170
    Amazingly, the refunded passes will be allocated via random drawings.

    I still may not get a Sat. pass through this but at least losing a random drawing is a lot better than suffering through EPIC's virtual queues.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO