Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Toys R Us has the most worthless rewards program EVER!

Spend $250 in three months to get a $5 gift card? After three months, all points expire and you start over?

How many of those gift cards are they sending out? Three nationwide?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Yeah, I wasn't thrilled to find that I was a mere $26 dollars away from it this cycle, but lost everything. They really need to get their crap together if they want me to bother taking that little card out of my wallet. And a 1/50th reward isn't enough to make me drop $26 on stuff I don't want.

I suspect this will work a lot better for new parents who get a lot of baby supplies than it will toy fans.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I hadn't even heard of the program; I would never even get close to redeeming a card.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Spend $250 in three months to get a $5 gift card? After three months, all points expire and you start over?

How many of those gift cards are they sending out? Three nationwide?
    The rewards program with TRU that I enolled in is five dollars for every one hundred and fifty you spend in a specific period. I don't know if they have changed it since then as I haven't spent one hundred and fifty dollars in a period since my birthday.

It's not a bad program unless it has changed to what you said, especially when I buy toys for my kids there at Christmas.

The problem with the 5 dollars is, you get the coupon with a week left in a month and you only have till the end of the month to spend it.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Actually, I just looked again. The site says I've spent about $155 in this period, and need $145 to get a certificate. I added wrong, but I'm guessing it is, indeed, still $150.

Not sure why it tells me I've earned zero rewards certificates, though.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I suspect this will work a lot better for new parents who get a lot of baby supplies than it will toy fans.
    Nope. At TRU/BRU prices we're better off either going to WM or using an Amazon credit card on their website.

But we get all those useful diaper coupons...

It's not even a gift card, just a $5 off coupon and you usually only have a month to redeem it.

Best Buy isn't much better. I bought a BOSE speaker for my I-Pod. Expecting a big rewards certificate. Just got a $5 coupon through my e-mail.

Better than nothing, but I expected better.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

I got a $55 reward coming in the mail for the last promotional period....guess i spent like a billion dollars in 3 months