Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

August 6 - on-shelf date

Some guy got some new Vintage Collection figures, Clone Wars figures, and vehicles early thanks to a connection with a comic book store owner. It's a bit hard to tell, but one shot has a Hasbro box with a sticker that says "Do not put on shelf before the week of August 6, 2010." The picture doesn't show which box it's on, but I'm going to assume that all the products have the same thing (and the story mentions that the store owner talked about the do-not-sell issue, so it's definitely not from some other line or something).

I wonder if there's going to be a specific reset or - dare I say it? - midnight madness for these releases. At any rate, I'm just glad that I'll have a few weeks to get some more money for these.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

But Aug. 6, 2010 is a Friday. Is that "the week of..."? Or will that date be the mysterious midnight event? Interesting information there...
    "That's what Sheev said."

Yea!!!!!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    But Aug. 6, 2010 is a Friday. Is that "the week of..."? Or will that date be the mysterious midnight event? Interesting information there...
    ok. what's so big about the week of August 6th ? drawing a blank here. as far as Midnight Madness I don't think TRU would have one since there is no movie to follow up with.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

To me, "the week of..." means the start of that week, not its end. It's no big deal, just semantics. Maybe stores have their "weeks" start on Fridays (like the fiscal year that starts in July). I may have just confused myself...
    "That's what Sheev said."

I think what he's suggesting is that "week of" means we could see the figures any time that week, not on a specific day (frustrating, imo, because it means you gotta make a trip out to the stores every day until the new stuff shows up). I don't think the week itself has any significance.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

July 26, 2008 was a Saturday - the day all the Legacy Collection and Clone Wars products were first released. I don't expect to find anything before August 6, but if I do, it's gravy.

And just for another bit of proof, here is a shot of the Vintage Collection box with the sticker on it.

Is this date supposed to apply to Clone Wars and Legends as well? I was in Fred Meyer today and saw a few of them. Only thing that appeared to be a new figure was the CW Aurra Sing, so I picked that one up. I considered getting the SL AOTC Clone. They had an AOTC Obi-Wan that appeared to be a kit bash of the Outlander Club version upper body and arms with new legs with hinged knees. Didn't look closer to see if they were ball-jointed and not just hinged.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    Is this date supposed to apply to Clone Wars and Legends as well? I was in Fred Meyer today and saw a few of them. Only thing that appeared to be a new figure was the CW Aurra Sing, so I picked that one up. I considered getting the SL AOTC Clone. They had an AOTC Obi-Wan that appeared to be a kit bash of the Outlander Club version upper body and arms with new legs with hinged knees. Didn't look closer to see if they were ball-jointed and not just hinged.
    That's very interesting, as yes, the date is technically supposed to apply to everything. That Obi-Wan looks to be the same one from 2003, which did indeed have hinged knees (and different accessories).

Someone on Jedi Temple Archives also got figures at Fred Meyer. Apparently those employees can't read stickers on boxes . . . or maybe I'm just jealous since there's no Fred Meyer stores here.

This was the last place I expected to find them. Both of the Fred Meyer stores here have had their pegs clogged with the blue/white Legacy figures, though they did have some 2009 CW and SL. I just happened to swing by the aisle today and saw the figures there.