Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SNOWSPEEDERS at target $19.99.....

I bought 6 at TRUs at $27.99 4 weeks ago...then bought 6 at target for $19.99...took em back at TRUs for a refund.....

I meantioned this in the Cloud Car/Snowspeeder thread, but this sale includes the Cloud Car too
    Real men buy Willrow

For those on the fence about another snowspeeder...this one is very movie-accurate out of the box-I'm very impressed with the detail Hasbro put into this one. Modeller's question, for anyone with moderate to excellent skills...how do I go about adding the small rectangular grill at the front of the cockpit? There's actually a small recessed area. Is there some type I could buy somewhere & cut, a decal sheet or some other idea? Anyone?
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

Good question about that grille, I had forgotten but it is just a flat panel on this one. I would think a dremel with a simple line jig would do the trick, they would only have to be shallow cuts anyway.

Hasbro has some wiggle room there, this prop doesn't have that grille either: http://celestiasws.free.fr/images/snowspeeder.jpg

but the Master Replicas one that they said was studio accurate does:
    http://www.rebelscum.com/MR/snowspeeder/image17.asp
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Finally, after hitting a total of eight Targets, found one with a lone Cloud Car.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by jonthejedi View Post
    For those on the fence about another snowspeeder...this one is very movie-accurate out of the box-I'm very impressed with the detail Hasbro put into this one.
    Originally, when I saw they were releasing another snowspeeder this year, I thought it was an easy pass. For the last 5 or so weeks, I've been reading one positive review after another about this ship on the forums. So with the sale, I picked one up today. I must say, I am very impressed. The last snowspeeder I purchased was in 1980. This new one is very much improved! The attention to detail + the ability to choose between play features and movie-accurate features is a great win from the design team at Hasbro. You know, every once in a while they do an excellent job and we should let them know.

In a phrase...they got it right with this one...no question.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

If I can find another at Target this week, I think I'll pick it up for Wedge to ride around in. I too have been in love with this thing since I took it out of the box. The Cloud car is very nice, but the snowspeeder is close to perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by mtriv73 View Post
    If I can find another at Target this week, I think I'll pick it up for Wedge to ride around in. I too have been in love with this thing since I took it out of the box. The Cloud car is very nice, but the snowspeeder is close to perfect.
    which wedge snowspeeder pilot will you be using? I've made the ultimate wedge snowspeeder pilot

thinking about getting both the Snowspeeder and the Cloud Car just having a hard time finding them at retail at the moment.... hoping that within a few weeks they will be plentiful and I'll be able to snag one of each
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks