Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Deleted scenes from ANH

I had never seen these in action; just stills. Figured I would post this - for those that had never seen it before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCyPT...layer_embedded

quality is generally awful. Sorry if posted before
    Real men buy Willrow

I always hope that it gets included in a deleted scenes section on some future set
    Real men buy Willrow

Quote Originally Posted by AmanaMatt View Post
    I had never seen these in action; just stills. Figured I would post this - for those that had never seen it before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCyPT...layer_embedded

quality is generally awful. Sorry if posted before
    I think the audio for the video is from the Star Wars radio drama (during which Mark Hamil reprises his role of Luke).

It is from the NPR radio drama. Footage is from the old CD-ROM set.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

so, this footage was included on an official release at one time...thanks guys.......didnt know they pulled the audio off the radio show -
    Real men buy Willrow

It wasn't a movie release though, it was on the CD-ROM "Star Wars Behind The Magic" from '98, which also includes an earlier cut of the pre-Los Angeles-reshot cantina. Unfortunately, the material hasn't been made available in a more modern format.

The whole Anchorhead scene was dropped in at the suggestion of Lucas' friends that they needed to meet the main character and set up the movie earlier to be more of a traditional cinema narrative. He got talked into throwing it together but never actually wanted it, and once he saw it in the rough cut, he pulled it out for good reason, it muddies up the works.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

But it does have Camie in it.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    But it does have Camie in it.
    I'm sorry, is that a plus to you? I can't see why, she's a jerk just like the rest of the gang.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Maybe it's more based on the actress than her character. Or, another chance for "non-canon" characters (Holiday Special Boba "Friend" or ST Camera Ree-Yees), perhaps?
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(