Vintage Collection figures fit in Hasbro soft cases, not VOTC cases

I wanted to put my new TVC Boba Fett up on my wall with my VOTC-VTAC figures, and I wanted it in a clamshell of some sort.

I tried to put it in a VOTC clamshell (from an extra VTSC Han Endor I got for $2.50 on clearance), but the new TVC blister is too tall, it goes to the bottom of the card. I cut off the bottom of the VTSC clamshell to accommodate the blister height, and it turns out the new blister is also too deep. So that is simply right out.

Then I remembered I had 1 left from the HasbroToyShop soft cases from a while back. The new TVC card fits very nicely in it, no movement and yet no pushing against the blister, but the clamshell is so much deeper that it looks odd and doesn't work all that well with the VOTC figures.

While doing that, I remembered someone asked at the Hasbro SDCC panel about new soft cases since the other 2010 basic cards are so much smaller. So I also tried one of the new 2010 Clone Wars figures in the Hasbro clamshell soft case, and it actually seemed to fit, but by just a few millimeters at the top, which really isn't secure enough and could bend the card under the wrong conditions. That said, I probably will end up just buying the Hasbro ones again since they're so much cheaper than the ProTec and other brands (they're $15 for 10, where it's double for most others), but I don't really think I'll need to do a lot of protecting of my 2010 Clone Wars or Saga Legends figures.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

So the old Vintage figures (OTC, SAGA, TAC) don't work well in the HTS cases? Ugh...that's not what I wanted to hear. I had planned on taking all my old vintage figures out and putting them in the new HTS cases, as well as my new Vintage Collection figures so the display would have more uniformed look.

the reason why the new vintage blister doesn't fit is because they have a built in stand molded to the blister....the ultimate case is from the HTS...i just wish they weren't so deep

Son of a...

Tommy, close your eyes.

Guess that's Hasbro's way of saying "open our toys, please." I just use the Stan Lee method from that Simpsons episode for jamming figures into cases.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Quote Originally Posted by RamaSha View Post
    So the old Vintage figures (OTC, SAGA, TAC) don't work well in the HTS cases? Ugh...that's not what I wanted to hear. I had planned on taking all my old vintage figures out and putting them in the new HTS cases, as well as my new Vintage Collection figures so the display would have more uniformed look.
    No no no, you misunderstand, I may not have made it clear enough.

The old Vintage-style carded figures will fit GREAT in the newer HTS cases.

I was saying the new Vintage-style figures won't fit in the old Vintage-styled clamshell cases. Totally the opposite.

Your plan of buying a bunch of HTS cases will work great, they were designed to accommodate every basic cardback from 1978 to 2007 (I have no idea if they work with 2008-2009 TLC or CW cards, I never tried). They also work with the new TVC cards since they're vintage-sized, and technically fit the new 2010 Saga Legends and Clone Wars cards although they aren't an ideal fit because those cards are so small.

Quote Originally Posted by bkusna View Post
    the reason why the new vintage blister doesn't fit is because they have a built in stand molded to the blister....the ultimate case is from the HTS...i just wish they weren't so deep
    Not the only reason they don't fit. The previous Vintage-style lines' clamshells are also too shallow.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    No no no, you misunderstand, I may not have made it clear enough.

The old Vintage-style carded figures will fit GREAT in the newer HTS cases.

I was saying the new Vintage-style figures won't fit in the old Vintage-styled clamshell cases. Totally the opposite.

Your plan of buying a bunch of HTS cases will work great, they were designed to accommodate every basic cardback from 1978 to 2007 (I have no idea if they work with 2008-2009 TLC or CW cards, I never tried). They also work with the new TVC cards since they're vintage-sized, and technically fit the new 2010 Saga Legends and Clone Wars cards although they aren't an ideal fit because those cards are so small.
    Oh Good! I threw away all my clamshells from my past openers. I was kicking myself for doing so when Vintage was announced, but now I don't have to be hard on myself since they wouldn't have fit anyway.

Totally. I have a bunch from extra vints I got back in the day, now they're all worthless to me. Maybe I should stash my extra accessories in them instead of ziploc bags.