Thread: Space Battle

Space Battle

Was anyone disapointed with there not being a space battle in AOTC? Do you think there will be one in Episode III? Will classic ships or prototypes of the classic ships be in it, such as TIE Fighters or X-Wings?

Your thoughts?

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

I for one was not dissappointed as AOTC had more than enogh action in it and trying to add a space battle in would probably have been detrimental to the film.

For EPIII there should be a battle to introduce the Star Destroyers or at least their predecessors showing how powerful these ship are. The TIEs and X-wings shouldn't be present but obivious predecessors should be (Z-95 Headnunters for example). Maybe a forerunner to the blockade runner could make an appearance as well?

i think they should refer to the ships at the end of AOC as victory class star destroyers, and have them be the big ships in a space battle, or maybe have some of them overshadowed by an imperial class SD, as the ICSD's were by the SSD in ESB... (AOL, LOL, ER, ASAP, FUBAR...)

i think we will see a bridge in the space-farring technologies between the PT and the OT... maybe even full blown y-wings at the end (the're supposed to be quite old by the time ANH comes around...)
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!
    Originally posted by darthvyn
    i think they should refer to the ships at the end of AOC as victory class star destroyers, and have them be the big ships in a space battle, or maybe have some of them overshadowed by an imperial class SD, as the ICSD's were by the SSD in ESB... (AOL, LOL, ER, ASAP, FUBAR...)

i think we will see a bridge in the space-farring technologies between the PT and the OT... maybe even full blown y-wings at the end (the're supposed to be quite old by the time ANH comes around...)
    Agreed about the SD stuff...as far as the Y-wings....who knows...but I suspect that we will have to endure yet another boring space battle in E3 with those dumb-looking Naboo fighters against an even dumber-looking Trade Federation donut ship....BOOORRRRINNNG!
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

"Join me... and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"