Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stupid Battledroids ! (continued)

This is a continuation of the thread: Stupid Battledroids !

--------

Stillakid, that is a good point about Maul being an outsider in a time of war, and Panaka should have fired on the guy, he even made a move!

As for Panaka's line about the Droids being "battle hardened", you're absolutely right, they were neither hardened to the emotional scars of war, nor were they even in a battle previous to the occupation of Naboo to work out the bugs in the systems, at least according to the EU source material. I guess at BEST, they could have had mock-battles against each other (which might explain their shabby condition), but even then, how would Panaka know they were battle-hardened? I think he was just afraid and jumping to conclusions, but I guess the problem is it's a poor scene.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah, I think it was just a line to make the droids sound dangerous.

I feel it would have worked better to refer to their abilities in terms of shear numbers and not with a term that implies emotion and experience.

Hmm, like this?
    CAPT. PANAKA: This is a dangerous situation, Your Highness. Our security volunteers will be no match against the massive Federation army.
    I see what you mean, it really would have worked better that way, especially coming from the guy who's known for saying "we'll be sitting ducks!"

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Talking Thanks

Thanks for the backup. I've been quite vocal lately about problems that I see in TPM (and accurate, I believe), but have come under attack for being too critical in my, well, critique. This "little" scene under current discussion highlights perfectly what I've been trying to get across.

Yes JT, that's good.

One word makes a huge difference here, so what it comes down to is volunteers vs. massive. Who couldn't get the impression with that? ''Volunteer'' implies small and limited, and they would obviously be endangered by a droid army of that size.

Stilliakid, what are some other lines that could use a fresher word or two ?

Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
    Stilliakid, what are some other lines that could use a fresher word or two ?
    This was my FIRST complaint seeing Ep 1 in theaters at the midnight showing (it certainly wasn't my last though), so here's my change for the dialogue that would have made things so much better:
    NUTE: Stay Calm! Distract them until I contact Lord Sidious.
    DOFINE: Are you insane? I'm not going in there with two Jedi! Send the droid.
    "Are you brain-dead?!?" What kind of lame-arse line was THAT, George?

battle droids just suck, no way around it.

Battle droids suck but the ships and tanks were cool.I really liked the tank,and some of the lines used were lame too much like a cartoon.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

Thumbs up Interesting

I think Battle Droids had to suck for a reason. Their easy defeat leads up for the need of human troops, StormTroopers.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
    Yeah, I think it was just a line to make the droids sound dangerous.

I feel it would have worked better to refer to their abilities in terms of shear numbers and not with a term that implies emotion and experience.

I'm afraid I'd have to disagree with this simply because, YOU ARE A FRAUD!!!!
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."