Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    [FONT=Courier New]Does anyone here remember the cap guns that had magazines and they tood a strip of plastic linked caps? Those were COOL![/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Nice get, JT. An extra drum mag will always come in handy.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Yes, they still sell those strings of plastic caps as well, I had forgotten about them. I didn't really get into those as a kid, I either had ring or the paper caps that went in the grenades and older cap guns. Then super soakers, realistic Uzi water guns, and poppers came out and blew my mind.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

[FONT=Courier New]This should bring back lots of memories for those born in the mid to late 70's: ENTERTECH![/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99UPQEFSGVQ[/FONT]

I don't think I've ever seen that one, actually. There were better guns of the same vein, but those clips leaked HORRIBLY, I do remember that. Even in the commercial you can see these things shoot terrible streams of water, "30 feet" is generous, definitely not going to compete with the nozzle on a Super Soaker.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen that one, actually. There were better guns of the same vein, but those clips leaked HORRIBLY, I do remember that. Even in the commercial you can see these things shoot terrible streams of water, "30 feet" is generous, definitely not going to compete with the nozzle on a Super Soaker.
    [FONT=Courier New]I loved how shameless they were about co-opting the A-Team's popularity by making the commerical look like the opening titles to the show.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]All very good points, JT, but up until Entertech (and other brands), these were LIGHT years ahead of everything kids had in those days. Super Soaker definitely crushed the competition when they came out.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Those clips were notorious for leaking. They had belt clips to keep them right side up. They were still loads of fun (as I remember it).[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]Gave away 2 more Nerf Alpha Trooper CS-18's over the weekend for birthday gifts. Everyone LOVES these![/FONT]

Killer. I am still planning on getting a pair for my sister and niece.

I accidentally sent 2 clip-system darts through the washer and dryer, they came out pretty much fine except curved and with lint stuck to the glue at the dart tips (the lint came off easily enough, as did the lint inside the tubes).

So, I don't know if you guys got the "Great Big Christmas Book" from TRU, but they have some interesting Nerf package deals shown.

IX-2 Barrel Break w/ tactical light ($17)
    CS-6 Deply w/ magazine clip kit ($20)
    CS-6 Longstrike w/ bandolier kit ($30)
    CS-36 Raider w/ "extra barrel attachment" but picture shows extra drum magazine in the box ($30)
    Also, free bag of Nerf ammo with any Nerf blaster purchase ($6 value)
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Dang! all that totals about 1/3 of the cost of a nice Mossberg or Remington!

Talk about weapons of mass destruction!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Comes to nearly half of what I paid for my Remington.

...but it's airsoft.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"