Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Is there another coupon code? I tried to buy the Barricade with Holiday2010 and it did not work.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Thanks for the info on the Barricade, sounds like an easy pass.

Wow, bummer about the 25% coupon code ending.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Thanks for the info on the Barricade, sounds like an easy pass.
    [FONT=Courier New]You're welcome. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Hopefully we will see some new blasters in the coming months. I would like to see them come with more interchangability. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I wish the barrel from the Recon could be fitted to other blasters for more customization options like they do with the stock attachment options on the Alpha Trooper, Raider, and the Barricade. It wouldn't improve performance, but it adds to the playability of the toys.[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]I need to get another one of these [/FONT][FONT=Courier New]sets[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] for the light and scope. The blaster is junk, but the accessories are what I want. If I have a 3rd light, I can have a 3 point light on my Stampede and make it look like a Predator targeting system (dorky, I know, but I don't care anymore...). [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]So I ended up getting a second set with the 1 shot blaster, scope, and tactical light. I have 2 of the blasters and those are going to the nephews along with an Alpha Trooper, spare clip set with bandolier, and extra darts.[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]I also ended up getting the [/FONT][FONT=Courier New]EyeClops Night Vision Scope[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] over the weekend. It's on sale for $32.49 (normally $49.99), so I couldn't pass it up. [/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]The Nerf tactical rail is just a bit too narrow for a solid fit, so I took the flip up sight from the Longstrike and took the actual orange sights off and super glued the scope to the top to make an adaptor and it worked out pretty good. [/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]I have a flip up sight from my Recon stashed somewhere that will probably work better, but for now it's servicable. I will try to remember to post pics soon.[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]For your viewing enjoyment, here are some videos from the Nerf Facebook site that are on youtube. It looks like FunnyorDie was involved with these.[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]Episode 1: [/FONT][FONT=Courier New]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3Whqnr-W2U[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]Episode 2: [/FONT][FONT=Courier New]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7TjIrlHE78[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]Episode 3 comes out on 12.20.2010[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]And just an FYI, the EyeClops Night Vision works just as good as the legit NV monocular that I bought 3 years ago for $100.00 at Big 5 Sports. It even has a switch to go from the black and white vision to the traditional green. For a child's toy, it's pretty sophisticated. Downside, it takes 4 AAA batteries and the switch is easily toggled on, so you can burn through batteries if you're not careful.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Enjoy![/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]Looks like I am the only one still here? Wow, kinda lonely...[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Anyways, I found this picture on Facebook. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Looks like what's old is new again: [/FONT][FONT=Courier New]http://urbantaggers.blogspot.com/2010/11/preview-first-pics-of-unreleased-super.html[/FONT]

I've been reading, but busy with holidays and didn't end up getting anybody any Nerf stuff.

I didn't realize Nerf and Super Soaker were now the same brand, but that Super Soaker AK-47's clip is running both brands on it. It looks pretty small for what it is, but the idea is cool. I predict a running change pretty soon to even more garish colors though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I've been reading, but busy with holidays and didn't end up getting anybody any Nerf stuff.

I didn't realize Nerf and Super Soaker were now the same brand, but that Super Soaker AK-47's clip is running both brands on it. It looks pretty small for what it is, but the idea is cool. I predict a running change pretty soon to even more garish colors though.
    [FONT=Courier New]Hey! Happy New Year, JT![/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]We bought a TON of Nerf stuff for people this year. Alpha Troopers and Stampedes to be exact. Every single one was a hit. I was involved in a Christmas Eve Nerf war at my mom and dad's and a Christmas Day Nerf war at my in-law's. LOTS of fun![/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Hasbro started putting the SS line under the Nerf name last summer starting with the Shot Blast and other water blasters. They even have interchangable stocks and tactical rails. My Alpha Trooper has the red stock from the Shot Blast I bought last year.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I like that Thunderstrike blaster. It also shares the same clip with a similar looking pump action blaster called the Tornado Strike. The pump action one comes with a stock and looks almost like an HK MP5. It features 2 streams of water that twist together like a tornado (sorta). [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]There's also another one that's called the Hydro Cannon and looks like a surface to air Stinger tube with a detachable (tactical rail mounted) sight with a big orange transparent screen with a bullseye on it. This badboy has THREE rails (top and one on each side).[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]It's still way early for water guns here in Portland (we're in the high 20's/low 30s's), but I stumbled across them and thought I'd share.[/FONT]

Very nice! I, too, had a Nerf-less Christmas despite having the Stampede and Raider on my wishlist. Oh well.

Cool to hear about the super soakers, I've been curious about those. I thought they looked like they were designed to be part of the modular system, but the cheaper looking plastic made me think that they were part of the sculpt and not detachable.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Hmm, I had a crazy idea for an ultimate combination of parts.

Take the Recon, put the Longshot's barrel/gun on the front, put in the Raider's drum magazine and a normal spare magazine in the stock, put the Barrel Break's dart holder on the Recon's top rail (spares for the Longshot barrel/gun), then attach a bandolier/sling with extra magazines and darts.

You only need to buy four guns and an accessory pack! If I ever get a Raider value pack with the extra drum mag, I think I'll have to pick up a bandolier kit and the barrel break just to do this.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

[FONT=Courier New]Too bad the Longshot is discontinued/NLA. [/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]I still need to take/post pictures of my NV scope with Nerf rail adaptor.[/FONT]