Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Nuts, stupid dart tag. This year, I guess the saying is "Nerf has nothin'."

Seems like they have a very stop-start production cycle.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I picked up the Spectre for my son last week. I found the weapon hard to arm, but it shoots pretty far and accurate.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Wal-Mart now has value packs of the Barricade RV-10 that include the stock from the Raider but colored in yellow and dark gray, it's a bit easy to miss though. They're nearly the same size boxes, just look for the green top. I picked one up today thinking that's a good deal for the $16.99 price, but actually feel a little disappointed. The stock looks good on my Recon, so that's somewhat worthwhile at least. The RV-10 itself, though... It's a good concept, but poor execution. I find it too bulky for a convenient pistol, but it's not good for a rifle or even submachine gun role because you can't really get a second grip on it. Your hand will most likely grab the dart cylinder if you try to grip the body.

Also, I would have preferred it to come with the suction darts rather than whistlers. I'm not impressed with'em. I got an individual EX-1 pistol at K-Mart a few weeks back and it fires the whistler darts harder than the RV-10, but they still only whistle on occasion.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Keep in mind, whistlers don't always whistle at the shooter, but they still might whistle at the target. That said, yeah, they do kinda suck at whistling.

Target has been getting a ton of the Star Wars NERF "basic" pistols, and I am tempted by the clone trooper variant. I would like to get the EX-1 but only Kmart has 'em and they charge too much for it. I'm hoping the SW versions shoot just as well, they seem to have the same exact design, but at $10 a pop they're a bit much.

The Clone pistol looks good, almost cartoon-accurate (minus the colors), but the Grievous and Cad Bane ones are super chibi.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah, I hadn't even intended to get the EX-1 since it was only a couple bucks cheaper than an EX-3, but K-Mart had 1 blue one left and it would've been a waste of a trip if I hadn't found something.

I've only seen meager mention of the SW pistols, but haven't seen them. Do you have any links that show'em all?

Edit: Oh, HTS has the RV-10 with stock for preorder right now.

And if anyone's interested in the new super soakers, the $20 blaster with the magazine and stock has a value pack on there right now with an extra magazine.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."

I kinda want to get a couple of the Captain Rex pistols for my nephew.

I'm tempted to try to find the WM Barricade, just for the stock, but I already have 1 Barricade and it's pretty useless.
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

I didn't know this site existed, but it came up on my google search, so here are the 3 SW blasters. Note that the DC-17 is more chibi than I made it sound, but also a bit similar to the EX-1, though not as ergonomically sound and no tac rail.
    http://nerf.wikia.com/wiki/Cad_Bane_Blaster
    http://nerf.wikia.com/wiki/DC-17_Blaster_Pistol
    (someone deleted the Grievous listing under a misunderstanding, so here's an alternate look)
    http://www.officialstarwarscostumes.com/9956826.html

Packaging is SW equivalent of the EX-1's open packaging.

Quick question, cause I don't know... What is "chibi"?
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I didn't know this site existed, but it came up on my google search, so here are the 3 SW blasters. Note that the DC-17 is more chibi than I made it sound, but also a bit similar to the EX-1, though not as ergonomically sound and no tac rail.
    http://nerf.wikia.com/wiki/Cad_Bane_Blaster
    http://nerf.wikia.com/wiki/DC-17_Blaster_Pistol
    (someone deleted the Grievous listing under a misunderstanding, so here's an alternate look)
    http://www.officialstarwarscostumes.com/9956826.html

Packaging is SW equivalent of the EX-1's open packaging.
    Cool, thanks. I think I saw either the Bane of Grievous one at Wal-Mart but didn't pay attention to what it was. The DC-17 may be tempting to pick up, especially with the dart storage in the grip. That's pretty nifty!

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    Quick question, cause I don't know... What is "chibi"?
    "Chibi" is a form of stylization that minimalizes detail and shrinks the scale without preserving proper proportion, often to make something cute or kid-looking. I think the term comes from anime?

Walmart had all three of the SW nerf guns the time I was there.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-