Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Basker basically defined what "chibi" is, a plush Darth Vader might be Chibi because it's a shrunken, cutsified version of the character. http://www.google.com/search?q=chibi...ient=firefox-a
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thanks, guys. Good to know!
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Bit of followup to the Barricade as I've played around with it a bit. The design has grown on me, I really like looking at the gun itself especially with the stock attached. It strikes me as a design perfect for scifi, far more than something such as the Longshot. Actually it even reminded me of something in particular from the Jem'Hadar.

Although, it still doesn't quite redeem it from being bulky and impractical. I've found the stock helps slightly since you can hold it like an ordinary pistol (other hand covering the hand that's holding the grip), which would be tiring, but the stock provides support and steadying once you have it against your shoulder. I feel as though the stock should've been included with it from the start, but I guess that would've put it up to $20 and would have had to be a Recon replacement.

It's disappointing that a gun of this size only has a single tactical rail, I think it really could have benefited from rails on the side. There's enough room just below where the "BARRICADE RV-10" tag is to mount a rail about the size of those on the EX-1 and Maverick, but oh well. That said, I'm actually aggravated by the rail on the top of the gun. It should be large enough to mount anything from the small red dot scope to the beefy scope from the Longshot, but not quite. I haven't mounted the Longshot's scope yet (though it should have no problem due to being taller), but I did try the Recon's light. It didn't fit! The rear of the rail has two raised notches like iron sights, which doesn't work since they're too far separated and too short to work with the forward sight. They make it impossible for the Recon's light, and probably the boxier light that's available separately, to be mounted properly. They can sit on the rail, but it won't be completely secure because it can't go back far enough for the underside notch to lock with the springy-thing (for lack of a better description) that's in the middle of the rail. This is most aggravating because the modularity of this gun is already severely limited due to the strange beefy muzzle. Granted, I'm sure none of the scopes have a problem with mounting, but they're not as fun as the tactical lights.

And, last but not least, is the cylinder itself. It's kind of annoying to reload, although I've found a somewhat simple way of doing it. The problem is that, due to 6 out of 10 slots being out in the open at any given time, the darts aren't entirely secured. It's been common for 1-2 to fall out when the gun is pointing downward, and that's just obnoxious.

On the brightside, it is my first electric NERF gun so far (I do plan on getting the Stampede eventually) and it is very fun to fire. But man does it end too quickly. The firing mechanism is a pair of spinning wheels that run as long as you have it turned on so there's really no waiting to fire. The only hindrance in firing is that you really have to make sure the trigger goes ALL the way back otherwise the cylinder might not actually rotate, but once you get the hang of that you'll be cycling through the 10 shots just too freaking quickly. I'm actually tempted now to get one of those bags that come with the camouflaged darts to put on my belt for when I mess around with this gun.

Overall, it's not a bad gun, especially for the price point. But, I think it may have been rushed... I'm guessing they wanted to get an electronic pistol out there to be a better companion for the Stampede, and this is the best they could come up with. It's a good concept but suffers from, I assume, not having the opportunity to be entirely thought out.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Thanks for the notes on the Barricade, easily going to stay away from that thing.

The Stampede is totally awesome, on the other hand, and I think on sale at Target right now for $40. Considering what you get there - 3 extended clips, a 6-shot clip, the grip/bipod, and the somewhat silly but a little useful shield, it's a good buy, and very few jams on mine.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Oh yeah, I hope to get one soon! At least before July... A friend I'll be visiting recently got a Maverick, and I'm going to see how fast he can cycle through its 6 shots as I pelt him with a drum mag-equipped Stampede.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."

Nerf "revealed" their Vortex line via their facebook page the other day, but it wasn't really that much of a reveal since it was just a brief video barely featuring a gun.

http://sgnerf.blogspot.com/2011/04/n...-revealed.html

The Vortex line will be disc-shooters that use magazines similar to the N-Strike but with cylindrical centers, and will be using modular stocks that look compatible with the N-Strike line.

I don't know what it is, but I've never liked disc shooters. I occasionally have fun with them, but only in the moment. Perhaps it's that the discs never fly very far and NEVER straight at all, or perhaps there's something dull about launching mini-frisbees, I mean, how difficult is it to propel a disc?!?

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I don't know what it is, but I've never liked disc shooters. I occasionally have fun with them, but only in the moment. Perhaps it's that the discs never fly very far and NEVER straight at all, or perhaps there's something dull about launching mini-frisbees, I mean, how difficult is it to propel a disc?!?
    The brief video that LTBasker is referring to showed one of the blasters in action, and unless they used some visual shenanigans, the disc shooters from Nerf had some pretty nice distance.

My only concern is for kids. I can't imagine it'd be long before some moms and consumer groups tried to get them banned since they shoot hard plastic discs instead of foam rubber darts because of the inevitable accident involving a kid getting hit in the eye.

The blasters looked pretty cool (from the brief glimpse they gave us). I will probably get one to try out.

Well, actually, I'm fairly certain the discs will be foam as well. It's really not a surprising development since Hasbro has dabbled with disc shooters before. Though, the problem I have with the idea of'em is that discs seem easier to lose and damage. And, in general, they're just not as interesting as the darts. In the announcement before the reveal, they implied that the N-Strike line isn't over. Kinda wonder if it's like how the Titanium line is just on "hiatus," though.

and the N-Strike line isn't going anywhere (get ready for the ultimate Nerf collection).
    On a somewhat related note, I picked up a baggie of 16 suction darts and it's made the Barricade more fun than with the whistling darts. I have to make sure to only use it when nobody else is home due to the embarrassing giggling that erupts when I let loose the 10 darts across the TV screen.

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    On a somewhat related note, I picked up a baggie of 16 suction darts and it's made the Barricade more fun than with the whistling darts.
    The Barricade IS more fun with suction darts!

Either way, I am intrigued by the Vortex line.