Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    She did a very entertaining job, very gift-of-the-magi.

I was given a pack of extra streamlines for my Recon, I separated out 6 for my Maverick, drew black lines around the middle to differentiate them from the regular streamlines. Good find on the clips, I can't find those sets around here. Target has a tag for the single clip sets, but are gray-tagged which means totally sold out.

Yeah, the Maverick is the ultimate Nerf gun really, most fun, most clever, best value, best looking.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Good find on the clips, I can't find those sets around here. Target has a tag for the single clip sets, but are gray-tagged which means totally sold out.
    [FONT=Courier New]They are very hard to find! I see them VERY VERY rarely in the stores. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]It's actually what pushed me to purchase the Recon. The blasters are easy to find, the refills+clips aren't. I figured if I was going to have one, I'd like to be able to reload fast.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

The Recon being able to stow a second clip in the stock is making me want to buy another clip, that is for sure.

One note of advice on the clips tho', they will technically hold 7 streamline darts, but leaving them in there flattens the darts out which is not so good for aerodynamics and it makes them much harder to load next time as 1 orientation flies right back out of the clip. I think Nerf needs to make a double-sized clip.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

One note of advice on the clips tho', they will technically hold 7 streamline darts, but leaving them in there flattens the darts out which is not so good for aerodynamics and it makes them much harder to load next time as 1 orientation flies right back out of the clip. I think Nerf needs to make a double-sized clip.
    [FONT=Courier New] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I know. 7 makes the gun jam up which sucks when your wife is shooting at you from the kitchen.[/FONT]

The secret is to give the wife one of the Nerf guns that only holds 3 shots.

PS - your wife is double keen for being someone who would shoot back.

The secret is to give the wife one of the Nerf guns that only holds 3 shots.

PS - your wife is double keen for being someone who would shoot back.
    [FONT=Courier New]She had one of the 2 Mavericks that I bought before Thanksgiving.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]She's a pretty great lady. She's spoiled ever since we first got together and bought me all my Force FX lightsabers, my Marc Ecko SW hoodies, etc. I am a LUCKY, LUCKY man![/FONT]

I think Nerf needs to make a double-sized clip.
    Agreed. Ever since I got the Recon, I've been wanting an extended magazine, especially now after getting the Longshot. The huge gun dwarfs the puny mag, so it'd be nice to have one that holds at least a dozen. I assume there are some hefty calculations for spring tension that make it difficult for larger magazines, though.

For now, there's this which seems to have just come out in the last month or so. I saw it in person last month, and probably should have grabbed it - I haven't seen it since. The clip attaches to the bottom of each magazine so you simply have to flip it over when ones runs out.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I have read several reviews claiming the flip-clip attachment fails easily and flings your second clip to the floor, that gave me pause.

I hit WM tonight, 2 different tags for clips and none to be seen.

Well that's disappointing, but thanks for mentioning it. I suppose it's not surprising, the magazine bottoms don't look like they were sculpted with the intention of something grabbing onto them, though at least it's a good pack for a couple extra magazines and 18 darts.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

The clip underside is sculpted in N-strike hand grip style.