Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Shame to hear the Raider isn't all that great, but I'm glad it seems to at least have some redeeming qualities.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I'm not surprised about the distance on the Longshot being a claim of BS, they put air restrictors inside the bolt to keep these from being too strong and thus a danger to children. I hear that you can get the claimed distance if you load the Streamline darts with the little exhaust hole facing upwards, this seems to affect their flight just enough to make that little difference.
    Granted, the Longshot seems to have a bit more oomph than the Recon, but yeah, the 35 feet claim is probably without restrictors. I can't tell much difference with having darts' vent holes facing up or down, both setups seem to act equally unpredictable. The only significance I noticed is that they had no problem with flying perfectly straight.

One of my dart's rubber trip got cut off during a jam in my Recon, and it seems to fly a bit further than the rest. Of course, I'm not about to cut off all the rubber tips to my darts just for that, but I may cut off some if I ever pick up one of these.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    I haven't had a problem yet, however, every once in a while it shoots two darts.
    When it shoots 2 darts, that means there was a jam previously and the original chambered round was successfully cleared with the second shot - this suggests to me that either your Raider is firing later in slam-fire than mine, or dropping its gate sooner (I'm guessing the former, as the latter requires a longer part). Very interesting, thanks for the info, I may get another one and take this back.

The streamline dart heads have a slightly aerodynamic shape, but it sounds like those gains are lost in its weight. Surprised to hear they don't just tumble as soon as they leave the barrel though.

From what I've read, without air restrictor, the gun's original distance will nearly double, but the power behind it will cause a little tumbling in flight, and some guns it'll add wear to the gun that will need compensation.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Here's what the Recon looks like with the Longshot's pistol/barrel, and vice versa. The Recon's single dart storage in the grip is highly useful for holding a spare dart for the Longshot's pistol!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ReconLongshot.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	22382  
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."

The Longshot looks a bit odd with the Recon's barrel, but including the sliding sight on it makes for a good flow front to back.

The Recon looks great with the Longshot's barrel-gun, and good thinking about the extra dart.

I was at Target tonight, they had the crosshair dot set, the scope set, and the green light set on clearance for $5 down from $10. I was super tempted on the scope, but it's not really magnifying anything, and I can only use the 10 micro suction darts it comes with for the Maverick, so I passed at the last minute, money is too tight. Seeing the scope on yours, I think I may have made a mistake.

I wish Nerf would convert either the single-shot N-Strike blaster (the little box gun with a grip) or the keychain blaster (palm sized, no grip) to work with the tactical rail system. That'd be cool to have a tiny backup slid onto the rail the way the Longshot has its single-shot, but smaller. Oh, and how about a gun that works with the rail but fires balls, mega rockets, or disks? That'd be boss!

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Oh, and how about a gun that works with the rail but fires balls, mega rockets, or disks? That'd be boss!
    [FONT=Courier New]Like a grenade launcher on the underside of an M-16 or M-4?!? Yeah, that would be pretty boss! [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    [FONT=Courier New]Like a grenade launcher on the underside of an M-16 or M-4?!? Yeah, that would be pretty boss! [/FONT]
    That's precisely what I was thinking.

I just got a check from my grandma for $100 for christmas, so that goes on this hauls list.

I was thinking of something like an M203 launcher the other day as well! With the adaptation of various real firearm features, it feels like it's a necessity to have something like that. I was thinking it could work as a separate release as a ball launching gun. The backend could twist off, revealing a mount that is compatible with the existing modular barrel mounts on the Recon and Longshot, so it could attach to those just like the Longshot's barrel/pistol.

The removeable backend could also have a mount for a stock like Recon and Raider, and because it uses the modular system to attach to the launcher, it could be attached to the Longshot's barrel/pistol.

Completely unrelated, but there's a cool looking small gun coming out, seen here. Also, Target has a bandolier.

There seems to be enough interest here to start a "Nerf Weapons of Mass Destruction" forum in its own right.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Can you imagine a Nerf SW line? Lightsabers, DL-44 blasters, Geonosian sonic rifles, Ewok bows and arrows. We'd be out of our economic woes in less time than it'd take to empty a volley of Nerf missles! Maybe we could use them in our interantional conflicts instead of bombs and bullets.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Can you imagine a Nerf SW line? Lightsabers, DL-44 blasters, Geonosian sonic rifles, Ewok bows and arrows. We'd be out of our economic woes in less time than it'd take to empty a volley of Nerf missles! Maybe we could use them in our interantional conflicts instead of bombs and bullets.
    There could even be a Nerf nerf. Scruffy-looking people could practice herding them.