Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Yes, the shield is removable via the N-strike rail system.

I know, 4 mags is a decent deal, but look at the drum mag, that thing holds twice as many rounds as 1 clip, is more complex in design, and that set was $30. I do agree that you guys are right, but these mags are dead simple to manufacture even if they sport a pressure-retarding spring to keep from squashing or ejecting the rounds, I think including 3 new clips was more about justifying the higher price of the full-auto machine gun design on this one.

Man, the clear Deploy does not have the charm of the clear Maverick, it only confirms what I thought about the Deploy before, it's a big empty thing that doesn't do enough.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That's true, there is a severe lack of the drum magazine, that thing needs to be utilized more. They probably figured it didn't go with the assault rifle look, I guess.

Regardless of the features and whatever magazines might be included, I don't think I'll be getting it. I didn't realize the Vulcan uses the same amount of batteries but given that it generally rests on a tripod and isn't trying to be the practical weapon, meaning you'll only bring it out every so often, justifies the battery requirements somewhat.

For a rifle you'll probably want to regularly use, though? Unless the motor works off of a minute amount of power and the batteries will last a long freaking time, it's really difficult to get excited about dealing with that. I think my next Nerf purchase will continue to wait until I (hopefully) find the Raider available again with a second drum mag included.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

[FONT=Courier New]Oh MAN, I am DOWN with this.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]As long as it doesn't jam up like the Vulcan, I will definitely be getting one. I will however wait for the inevitable Hasbro double your Darts offer. And TRU and Fred Meyer run enough sales that I am sure I can find it for less than $50.00[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I have 2 Raiders (I got my second one on sale and it came with the Double Dart package), so I have 2 drum magazines to go with the 3 18 round mags that come with this. [/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]that shield, however, will go right into the trash. Lame.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]From the pictures of the Stampede and the link provided for the grippods, it looks like they will function like the real thing.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Unfortunately I don't know too many people my age that spend their disposable income on Nerf guns.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    That's true, there is a severe lack of the drum magazine, that thing needs to be utilized more. They probably figured it didn't go with the assault rifle look, I guess.
    It's more expensive to produce, I'll guess, and they probably found folks don't want to refill 36 darts at a time.

Regardless of the features and whatever magazines might be included, I don't think I'll be getting it. I didn't realize the Vulcan uses the same amount of batteries but given that it generally rests on a tripod and isn't trying to be the practical weapon, meaning you'll only bring it out every so often, justifies the battery requirements somewhat.

For a rifle you'll probably want to regularly use, though? Unless the motor works off of a minute amount of power and the batteries will last a long freaking time, it's really difficult to get excited about dealing with that. I think my next Nerf purchase will continue to wait until I (hopefully) find the Raider available again with a second drum mag included.
    6 d-cells means it's a 9v power system which is pretty strong, but D-cells also carry quite a lot of energy in them, that's why they're so big. I would think 6 Ds means hours of firing time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    [FONT=Courier New]Oh MAN, I am DOWN with this.[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]As long as it doesn't jam up like the Vulcan, I will definitely be getting one. I will however wait for the inevitable Hasbro double your Darts offer. And TRU and Fred Meyer run enough sales that I am sure I can find it for less than $50.00[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]I have 2 Raiders (I got my second one on sale and it came with the Double Dart package), so I have 2 drum magazines to go with the 3 18 round mags that come with this. [/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]that shield, however, will go right into the trash. Lame.[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]From the pictures of the Stampede and the link provided for the grippods, it looks like they will function like the real thing.[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]Unfortunately I don't know too many people my age that spend their disposable income on Nerf guns.[/FONT]
    I think the Vulcan's belt system didn't really work well enough with the imprecision of the darts which is what caused jamming. This uses the clip system which generally only jams either when the front gate doesn't drop in time with the firing (Raider is notoriously problematic with this at rapid firing) or when a round isn't chambered properly (overloading the 6-shot clips does this sometimes, as does loading suction darts and rapid-firing). At the speed it's spitting them out I don't think it's manually raising and lowering a front gate, but it does have a top-mounted access door for jams so my guess is it doesn't chamber the darts but uses a different firing system entirely - the sound coming out in that video definitely doesn't sound like rapid-firing the Raider with the spring clacking as it locks and then fires.

I just realized, this thing will work with the drum mag!!! That will be a weighty but awesome combo!

I think the front grip is part of the N-strike rail system. The knowledge of the shield being rails, the 3 clips, the extra 6 clip, the drum mag compatibility, and now this may be enough to put it over the top in my eyes and ask for it for xmas.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

[FONT=Courier New]I have only mangled ONE dart in all of my use of the Raider and it's jammed maybe 2 or 3 times total. And that's with loading up all my clips and 2 drum mags and emptying them just as fast as I can in one sitting. On more than a few occasions.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Yes, that drum mag on the Stampede without the shield will be one sweet looking dart gun.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I am definitely going to get one (or put it on my Christmas list).[/FONT]

My Raider still doesn't drop its gate early enough, so it mashes darts often. A few have been folded in half. Only a couple has it wrecked by tearing the center up though. Luckily I have extras, but I think rapid-fire on my Raider is going to disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    My Raider still doesn't drop its gate early enough, so it mashes darts often. A few have been folded in half. Only a couple has it wrecked by tearing the center up though. Luckily I have extras, but I think rapid-fire on my Raider is going to disappear.
    [FONT=Courier New]
    That's a huge bummer, man. I love my Raiders. They're lots of fun and exactly what I would have wanted out of the Recon. I think my Recon is going to end up being a gift to a nephew or family friend's kid soon. I haven't touched it since I got the Raider(s).[/FONT]

Btw guys, TRU has buy one get one half off going on for their Nerf stuff online.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    6 d-cells means it's a 9v power system which is pretty strong, but D-cells also carry quite a lot of energy in them, that's why they're so big. I would think 6 Ds means hours of firing time.
    Fair enough, I've looked through a few reviews of the Vulcan for battery time notations and it seems decent enough. Still, quite a hefty cost considering I generally go long periods between goofing around with my guns, and I'm concerned about them running out sometime in between. I suppose I'll wait for some reviews of it before writing it off completely. I can't deny absolutely loving the look, and just so many features...

I'll gladly take it if you really don't want it! I bet it'd look spiffy mounted on the recon's barrel. I'm curious if it'd be able to mount on a Vulcan as well...
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

[FONT=Courier New]
    That's a huge bummer, man. I love my Raiders. They're lots of fun and exactly what I would have wanted out of the Recon. I think my Recon is going to end up being a gift to a nephew or family friend's kid soon. I haven't touched it since I got the Raider(s).[/FONT]

I like my recon, but I had to take apart my son's and put it back together. His hasn't worked correctly since his grandfather bought it for him, but they never took it back.

My favorite so far is the six shot maverick. It has great accuracy, good distance, and suction darts.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

[FONT=Courier New]
    You're driving me crazy!!! I am going to buy another Raider at Target and return mine in its place as defective (I bought my original at Target when they didn't have any to replace it).

I can't imagine not liking the Recon, but the modular nature of it is its greatest asset IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    Fair enough, I've looked through a few reviews of the Vulcan for battery time notations and it seems decent enough. Still, quite a hefty cost considering I generally go long periods between goofing around with my guns, and I'm concerned about them running out sometime in between. I suppose I'll wait for some reviews of it before writing it off completely. I can't deny absolutely loving the look, and just so many features...
    Well, if you're worried about battery death, I guess you could take them out or put a break between the terminals so they can't complete a circuit, but D-cells generally have so much reserve they'll last for a long time at rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    I like my recon, but I had to take apart my son's and put it back together. His hasn't worked correctly since his grandfather bought it for him, but they never took it back.

My favorite so far is the six shot maverick. It has great accuracy, good distance, and suction darts.
    What was wrong with his Recon? That sucks to hear.

The Maverick is still their best one to date, just simple and fascinating and generally works great (as it gets older, the cylinder on mine doesn't always advance now, the design is quite loose in general so it takes firmer cocking of the slide to get it to lock too). But I think I like the Recon as much as I like the Maverick, they are 2 sides of the N-strike coin to me.