Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    I'm not sure I understand the issue on the Alpha Trooper exactly, but I am curious why it's getting a tepid review.

The more I see the clear N-Strike series, the less I like them. WM had a clear Maverick last year that looked nice, it had smoked plastic I think, but the new one looks boring. It's kinda sad to see all the empty space in these things.

My Raider doesn't have any trouble cocking, it's just the rapid-fire doesn't work for crap, it does 1 or 2 shots then the darts just dribble out and get all mashed up, misfiring against each other.

Stupid Target employees set up the Stampede with the 6-shot clip instead of the 18.

Well, it's done, I have finally split this discussion into its own thread.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I'm not sure I understand the issue on the Alpha Trooper exactly, but I am curious why it's getting a tepid review.

The more I see the clear N-Strike series, the less I like them. WM had a clear Maverick last year that looked nice, it had smoked plastic I think, but the new one looks boring. It's kinda sad to see all the empty space in these things.

My Raider doesn't have any trouble cocking, it's just the rapid-fire doesn't work for crap, it does 1 or 2 shots then the darts just dribble out and get all mashed up, misfiring against each other.

Stupid Target employees set up the Stampede with the 6-shot clip instead of the 18.

Well, it's done, I have finally split this discussion into its own thread.
    [FONT=Courier New]I actually like the Alpha Trooper blaster. It's a neat little design and the 18 round drum mag is a good fit. I just wish it had a stock, but like I said, the Raider stock and the Shot Blast stock fit right on there (the red SB stock looks a little better with the yellow and grey of the blaster).[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Thanks for clarifying the Raider issue.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I know, I saw that display and thought that even though the gun is cool, they should have put the other magazine with it.[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]Thanks for splitting the thread. As time's gone on, I felt weirder and weirder posting in the Christmas 2009 thread.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

I figured it's closer to xmas 2010 now, so it's just confusing.

The Raider stock is interchangeable with the Recon and other N-strike stocks, so it should work on the Alpha as well. Is the Alpha pretty small without a stock?

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I figured it's closer to xmas 2010 now, so it's just confusing.

The Raider stock is interchangeable with the Recon and other N-strike stocks, so it should work on the Alpha as well. Is the Alpha pretty small without a stock?
    [FONT=Courier New]Believe it or not, the Recon stock does not fit the Alpha Trooper for some reason. I tried, but the round peg on the back of the AT is just too big to slot into the connector for the Recon stock. It's almost too big for the Shot Blast stock, and just right on the Raider stock.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]The Alpha Trooper is roughly the size of the Recon (w/out a stock). It's a pretty handy size. I think it's reasonably priced at $19.99, but at around $14.99, it'd be an even better value.[/FONT]

I'm confused, even with a longer plunger, the Recon stock is hollow and should fit anything. The Raider's stock is long but not THAT long inside, I don't remember it being longer than the midpoint brace on the Recon stock, is that what's happening, it's running into the Recon's midpoint brace?

The size of the Recon without the stock, what about barrel though?

I'm confused, even with a longer plunger, the Recon stock is hollow and should fit anything. The Raider's stock is long but not THAT long inside, I don't remember it being longer than the midpoint brace on the Recon stock, is that what's happening, it's running into the Recon's midpoint brace?

The size of the Recon without the stock, what about barrel though?
    [FONT=Courier New]Off the top of my head, I can't accurately recall (I want to say that the Recon is a smidge longer, but maybe that's because the barrell is slender VS the AT barrell which also has the slide/pumping mechanism), so tell you what, I will snap some pics tonight and give a better report in the morning.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I was confused as well about the Recon stock. It did, with a lot of pushing, attach, but it was a pain to take off and I didn't want to break it or the gun.[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]Yeah, so I had every intention of taking pictures but I got home, ate dinner, and promptly fell asleep on the couch while watching TV and clutching my Nerf Alpha Trooper blaster.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]And apparently my wife took a picture of it.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I will post tomorrow for sure.[/FONT]

These things happen.

"Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    [FONT=Courier New]I can't remember where I read this, so I apologize, but one review I read said the following:[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]"If anyone over the age of 12 wears this, it basically says 'don't worry, Ma'am, I'm from the Internet.'".[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]I wish I could remember where I read that, cause it was a pretty good laugh. [/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]Having said that, I will probably pass on the vest but I may buy them for my nephews for Christmas.[/FONT]