Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I have read several reviews claiming the flip-clip attachment fails easily and flings your second clip to the floor, that gave me pause.

I hit WM tonight, 2 different tags for clips and none to be seen.
    My son has the clip and it does fly off at the slightest quick movement. However, he sticks the extra clips in his pocket and reloads that way.

I ended up giving him his guns back do to no room to hide them from him. I gave him one last warning not to shot his sister or I would give them to a charity. No sooner than I said that then my daughter picked up one of his guns and shot him in the face. I laughed my head off, but now I get, "How come I can't shoot her but she can shoot me," all the time. So the rule is pretty much out the door. Last night we played a round and I used her as a shield just to mess with him.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    My son has the clip and it does fly off at the slightest quick movement. However, he sticks the extra clips in his pocket and reloads that way.

I ended up giving him his guns back do to no room to hide them from him. I gave him one last warning not to shot his sister or I would give them to a charity. No sooner than I said that then my daughter picked up one of his guns and shot him in the face. I laughed my head off, but now I get, "How come I can't shoot her but she can shoot me," all the time. So the rule is pretty much out the door. Last night we played a round and I used her as a shield just to mess with him.
    [FONT=Courier New]Ha ha ha ha ha!!! [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"In the face! IN. THE. FACE!" - Rob Riggle/"The Hangover"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

No sooner than I said that then my daughter picked up one of his guns and shot him in the face.
    Wow, execution-style. That's impressive!
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Haw! Make 'em wear eye protection, I guess. That's their punishment, they have to look stupid.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Haw! Make 'em wear eye protection, I guess. That's their punishment, they have to look stupid.
    I don't think that would bother him. He got googles with the Nerf Tag set and wheres them all the time when he's not playing Nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    Wow, execution-style. That's impressive!
    She's good at the bank shot too. That Nerf Tag set has velco on the dart and the foam bounces hard. She and my son ambushed their uncle yesterday and she bounced one of the wall into my head.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Make him wear MORE eye protection then, I guess.

I picked up the Raider tonight at Target. They're selling it for $25, it's normally $35. They had the flip-clip set for $14, or for $11 more I can get the drum mag and a nifty gun to use it. I haven't opened it yet, just got home. I almost bought a return, it was opened and still had christmas wrapping paper taped to a little section on the back.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Here are my first thoughts. Out of the box, it seems quite small. It's just that it's narrower than the Recon, but the combined length is the same as the Recon. Little touches aren't as nice tho' such as the extra dart storage in the grip - here it's slightly too deep.

The drum is impressive. It loads the same as the clip, and has a tensioner that keeps it from squashing the darts. It cannot receive suction arts tho', they don't align with the front of the feed well enough. It actually can hold 36 darts comfortably, 37 snug.

The Raider is an ok gun in single fire mode. The slide requires power at the end of travel, and sometimes feels jammed here. At the beginning of travel, the gun will occasionally bend a streamline dart in half - this is quite shocking. But mostly it does ok, the barrel length seems to work in its favor, despite not being fixed rotationally.

Where this thing really fails is slam-fire, nearly constant jams in this mode because it fires early here with the stop wall still up. The receiver design is similar to the recon but differs in 2 ways that cause problems as well. I tried it with a regular clip and got the same results, so at least it's not the drum mag.

The gun with the clip and using the recon's light, plus the stock set to its closest setting looks more than a bit like a stormtrooper blaster, which is not a bad thing.

I just wish the slam fire mode wasn't such rubbish, it truly dissapoonts because it has so much promise. As for single fire, it's ok but not as nice as the Recon, which does nicely using the drum I might add. But the raider only has 2 rails, both on top so 1 is in the way of the other. I don't regret it overall though, it has some charm, and there is no denying the drum mag.

I'n wondering if your's might be defective JT. I have not had any of those problems yet, especially with the bent streamline. It has occasionally jammed, most mostly in single fire mode after a reload.

I'm a little disapointed with the Longshot. It says it can shoot 35 feet but my house is only 30 long and it I don't adjust my aim high, I can't hit the other side of my house. And I'm not talking a little high where the target is still in the scope, I'm talking a 5-10 degree raise.

Non-analog tv, huh BCJ? Swank! Those combo DVD players are generally more trouble than they're worth though, so go easy on it, if it gives trouble, you may wanna consider just hooking up another DVD player anyway.

Metalmute, you get decent action out of the slam-fire rapid firing mode? I've read a few reviews that have the same problems I am, so I figured that was just how it is - lots of jams, dribble-outs, and misfires. In fact, I'm pretty sure the design is the issue, there's a "gate" to chamber the dart, that gate is retracted by the bolt once seated, but in slam-fire mode it shoots before fully seating and thus before the gate drops all the way (the action is all in 1 movement, so it's more art than science). I would be surprised to hear it's consistent, and would definitely return it for replacement if that's the case.

I'm not surprised about the distance on the Longshot being a claim of BS, they put air restrictors inside the bolt to keep these from being too strong and thus a danger to children. I hear that you can get the claimed distance if you load the Streamline darts with the little exhaust hole facing upwards, this seems to affect their flight just enough to make that little difference.

I have to retract something I said about the Raider, the fit n finish isn't as bad as first seemed. The only really loose element is the barrel which rotates inside the housing, but it doesn't slide forward or back. The reason the darts were getting stuck in the handle is that the darts which come with the Raider are slightly shorter than the regular streamline darts, for no reason at all - I mixed the extra darts I got with the Recon and Raider darts, they all work the same in the drum and in the Raider. The Raider's access door also is much easier to use than the Recon's, though like the clip it only can be accessed when the gun is cocked.

The Raider has a funny thing, they added a "digital camouflage" pattern of varying squares almost everywhere to the sculpt, but didn't paint them. I guess this is to cut down on glare from the plastic, but in the blue color they don't show up all that well - which is fine by me, it'd look sillier I suspect if you could see it.

The reason the larger darts don't work in the Raider for crap is the slightest change they made to the bolt. On the Recon there's a long "finger" in the receiver that is surrounded by 2 walls, this seats into the barrel when cocked, but on the Raider there's only 1 wall, and when the bolt goes to seat into the barrel the lack of that second wall catches the oversized heads of the sonic and suction darts. I think what Nerf needs to do is make a streamline suction dart, should be easy enough, just scale down a suction cup so it seats into the middle of the dart and not over the outside.

The Raider is definitely awkward to hold with the drum mag for a right-hander like me, gets a little better held lefty. It fires fine now in single shot, I haven't had a jam in over 100 shots (3 emptyings of the drum mag), but it's definitely not as tightly grouped as the Recon. The stock is a little more stable and variable than the Recon's, but not as stylish. The front handle makes it easier to single-shot rapid-fire than the Recon, but the Recon's bottom-loading clip config makes using the drum mag FAR more balanced than having it stick out the left side of the Raider. The look of the Recon with the drum mag, all its gear, and the second clip loaded in the stock is quite impressive. I think my family members are going to want to do a Nerf battle soon, so I think I'll buy a Flip Clip set and hand them the Raider with the Flip Clip, the Maverick, then bring out the Drum Mag on the Recon. But if they want a rapid-fire type battle, I'll stick with the Raider & Drum because even though it's less accurate, it's clearly better for rapid fire.

The Recon with the drum mag and no barrel or stock looks hilarious. This little handgun with a magazine larger than the gun itself.

Metalmute, you get decent action out of the slam-fire rapid firing mode? I've read a few reviews that have the same problems I am, so I figured that was just how it is - lots of jams, dribble-outs, and misfires. In fact, I'm pretty sure the design is the issue, there's a "gate" to chamber the dart, that gate is retracted by the bolt once seated, but in slam-fire mode it shoots before fully seating and thus before the gate drops all the way (the action is all in 1 movement, so it's more art than science). I would be surprised to hear it's consistent, and would definitely return it for replacement if that's the case.
    I haven't had a problem yet, however, every once in a while it shoots two darts.