Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    I was thinking of something like an M203 launcher the other day as well! With the adaptation of various real firearm features, it feels like it's a necessity to have something like that. I was thinking it could work as a separate release as a ball launching gun. The backend could twist off, revealing a mount that is compatible with the existing modular barrel mounts on the Recon and Longshot, so it could attach to those just like the Longshot's barrel/pistol.
    I like the idea of a slide better, just because more N-strikes have the rail, but your idea is cool too.

The removeable backend could also have a mount for a stock like Recon and Raider, and because it uses the modular system to attach to the launcher, it could be attached to the Longshot's barrel/pistol.
    Basically, it becomes its own gun at that point then.

Completely unrelated, but there's a cool looking small gun coming out, seen here. Also, Target has a bandolier.
    The bandolier is kinda cool. I am pretty sure it's designed to double as a strap for something like the Recon which has a clip point on the stock (most of the rifles have a clip point on the grip as well).

That other gun isn't so small, the Deploy looks pretty big even when the grip is needlessly folded away. I dunno about that one, the gimmick seems pointless, the flashlight is gigantic and has a clip sticking out, the gun has a clip sticking WAY out the side - not like the Raider, but crazily so. Still, it looks like it could have some charm, it has shotgun-style pump action.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Can you imagine a Nerf SW line? Lightsabers, DL-44 blasters, Geonosian sonic rifles, Ewok bows and arrows. We'd be out of our economic woes in less time than it'd take to empty a volley of Nerf missles! Maybe we could use them in our interantional conflicts instead of bombs and bullets.
    Hasbro did make a Nerf SW blaster, the Clone Trooper blaster is a Nerf gun, as is the Rebel Trooper blaster. If it hadn't been WHITE, I would have bought it. If they make Nerf Lightsabers the way they're making Nerf Swords right now though, I'd be on cloud 9. Those hard plastic basic sabers they make are fun for battling, but they are somewhat unsafe for dueling because they're sharper than they should be at the collapsing points.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I like the idea of a slide better, just because more N-strikes have the rail, but your idea is cool too.
    True, it would be good to utilize the rails more, and thanks.

Basically, it becomes its own gun at that point then.
    Yeah, thought it would be a nifty feature.

That other gun isn't so small, the Deploy looks pretty big even when the grip is needlessly folded away. I dunno about that one, the gimmick seems pointless, the flashlight is gigantic and has a clip sticking out, the gun has a clip sticking WAY out the side - not like the Raider, but crazily so. Still, it looks like it could have some charm, it has shotgun-style pump action.
    Well it looked small at first. That's what she said...? No, she wouldn't say that, nevermind. Anyways, the gimmick is indeed mostly pointless, but allows for a feature that is immaturely delightful, which can be seen in the video here.

Once deployed, it really looks a lot like the Mossberg bullpup shotgun, which honestly just makes me want it more. I think I'll put off the Longstrike and just get the Deploy.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Thanks for the video on the Deploy. It really is a hollow gimmick, though it does look like fun to mess with. I can't imagine dropping $20 or more on it though.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

[FONT=Courier New]I'll be honest, I really like the look of the Deploy. I will probably pick up a Raider first, tho. I just wish my wife and I had a bigger place to shoot these off by ourselves or when the nephew(s) come over to visit.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

I just had to check in and post this using my mobile phone...

Using a $25 TRU gift card and $10 in rewards, I picked upon the Nerf Raider. TOTALLY WORTH IT. This is a great blaster. Nerf got this oneness right!

I highly recommend it.
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Hasbro did make a Nerf SW blaster, the Clone Trooper blaster is a Nerf gun, as is the Rebel Trooper blaster. If it hadn't been WHITE, I would have bought it. If they make Nerf Lightsabers the way they're making Nerf Swords right now though, I'd be on cloud 9. Those hard plastic basic sabers they make are fun for battling, but they are somewhat unsafe for dueling because they're sharper than they should be at the collapsing points.
    My son got the clone gun for his birthday last year. Not a bad weapon. Came with a build-in laser scope where if you tugged the trigger to just before the point of fire, you could put a red dot on what you were aiming at. I don't recall how well it fired as he ruined it by leaving it in the rain. But it did use the suction darts.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I forgot, the Clone Blaster originally came in blue. It was too bright for my tastes, but I liked the action on it.

Metalmute, I didn't realize the Clone one also had a light, I know the Rebel one does. That explains why they added on a sight to the top, it never occurred to me until right now that they added that sight to the toy because it's not on the actual DC-15 movie prop.

Well, it's finally happened, Nerf has finally made a bigger clip and a $50 automatic rifle for it to go in:
    http://gizmodo.com/5588890/so-this-i...e-like-now-huh

The ECS (extended clip system, I bet) is 18 shots, and it comes with 1 standard 6-shot clip and 3 18-shot clips: http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2010/07...nerf-stampede/

If this was $35, I would be fully on board, but at $50, I dunno.

I don't know, I think the 50 dollar price tag is about right.

The past big guns have been in the 30-40 dollar range and only comes with one or two clips. This one comes with 4 which typically 2 clips alone is a 10-20 dollar purchase. So thats about a 40-60 dollar total.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Well, it's finally happened, Nerf has finally made a bigger clip and a $50 automatic rifle for it to go in:
    http://gizmodo.com/5588890/so-this-i...e-like-now-huh

The ECS (extended clip system, I bet) is 18 shots, and it comes with 1 standard 6-shot clip and 3 18-shot clips: http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2010/07...nerf-stampede/

If this was $35, I would be fully on board, but at $50, I dunno.

$50 does seem kinda steep, but with 4 magazines? 3 of which are the huge type? That feels like a pretty great deal. In fact, that seems like too much for only $50... one of each magazine is normally what I'd expect, especially with the apparent features. Looks like the riot shield is removable, and the stock retractable. I'm wondering if that bipod grip acts like real grippods...

What really gets me about this, though, this thing requires SIX -D- batteries?! Not only is that incredibly expensive, but that's gonna be ridiculously heavy! It's no wonder it comes with a freakin bipod, everybody is just gonna want to lay on the ground with it! I hope it at least has a charging handle so you can at least go back to normal play when your batteries run out...

...probably halfway into the second magazine.

Oh, and for some reason they have a clear plastic CS-6 Deploy on HTS.
    http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/nerf-n-...582&ST=PR&PG=2
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"