Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    [FONT=Courier New]My biggest issue with the Recon (and I agree, the modular nature is cool), is that the cocking slide is on top and counter intuitive (at least to me).

I truly am bummed to hear that your Raider has caused you grief because mine has been nothing but fun. I even showed my nephew how to load it and use it and he loved it. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

A top slide is pretty standard on a handgun, and the Recon starts from that idea, so it works in that sense for me.

Thanks. Yeah, rapid-fire on the Raider has been nothing but failure and I should have been responsible and took it back ages ago.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

[FONT=Courier New]
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    A top slide is pretty standard on a handgun, and the Recon starts from that idea, so it works in that sense for me.
    Very true, but when you have to **** it/pump it each time to fire it, the Raider has a more natural feel, like on a shotgun.[/FONT]

Hmm, I was just poking at the site that I first saw the Deploy on, and they have pictures of three new exclusive guns. Apparently Wal-Mart's getting a 'roid rage Maverick, Target's getting a Raider-lite, and TRU is getting some Mad Max love.

http://nerfguns.org/
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

What was wrong with his Recon? That sucks to hear.
    When I first knew of the problem, there is a plastic strip on a spring that stops a bullet from leaving the chamber early. Well that spring fell out and the chamber was blocked by thie strip.

It looked as if he tried to open it because two of the screws were striped, which made it difficult to open. I got it apart and fixed it, but it was very hard to put it back together with all the springs.

It worked for a while until I found out yesterday, it wasn't shooting again. This time because the cocking mechanism wouldn't stay locked. But I found out after he had tried to take it apart. So he brought down the gun with half the parts. I put it back together three times before all the parts were actually there. Luckily, it is working now, ironically better than when he bought it because I had to replace several of the springs with springs from pens, which appear stronger.

I have had the same problem with my sons Raider. In rapid fire mode, every third one will just fall out of the barrel. Serveral bullets have become damaged beyond use. I think the problem is that my son over loads the drum magazine and uses damaged/smashed bullets as well. At least I haven't had to take one of those apart.

If you're every looking for a neat puzzle to put together, take a nerf apart.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    Hmm, I was just poking at the site that I first saw the Deploy on, and they have pictures of three new exclusive guns. Apparently Wal-Mart's getting a 'roid rage Maverick, Target's getting a Raider-lite, and TRU is getting some Mad Max love.

[FONT=Courier New]Very cool! I will skip the WM and TRU exclusives and just get the Alpha Trooper. I like the looks of it and the 18 round drum mag. Rapid fire blasters are more preferable to me anyways.[/FONT]

I love the Walmart and TRU exclusive. Heres hoping the double barrels gun can shoot one at a time as well as both at once.

The target one makes me nervious since it's rapid fire is raider-esque.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    [FONT=Courier New]

Very true, but when you have to **** it/pump it each time to fire it, the Raider has a more natural feel, like on a shotgun.[/FONT]
    True, but the Recon isn't a shot gun or a rapid-fire weapon. There is a tactical rail on top of the slide though which makes it awkward to use accessories on that. I find for regular firing though, it's generally easy to overhand-grip the slide. I guess mileage may vary.

Wow, the Spectre is really cool, except they made a smaller cylinder so it only holds 5 shots. They're putting whistler darts in the box, the Rev shoots those ok but it does better with suction and streamline darts (streamline being the best because they seat in the chambers tighter, which is probably why they're not approved for the Maverick). I'll almost certainly buy that.

The Barrel Break seems like a fun idea but really pointless as a weapon. It looks like the extra darts holder is on tactical rail though. But oh boy, 2 shots at a time, then a slow breech-loading process, whoopee. It also uses whistlers, so it'll work with suction darts too. I doubt I'll bother with this one unless it's cheap.

The Alpha Trooper looks beefier but shorter than the Raider, but the scale of the kid's hand on the box suggests it's not much bigger than the Maverick so it's probably going to seem overpriced without the drum mag on it. Why they'd make another, smaller drum mag is beyond me, and it's the same number of darts as the new extended clips. Rapid-firing that pump-action slide seems a little awkward compared to the Raider's grip slide though. I'll probably buy this on sale.

All in all, good finds.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    When I first knew of the problem, there is a plastic strip on a spring that stops a bullet from leaving the chamber early. Well that spring fell out and the chamber was blocked by thie strip.

It looked as if he tried to open it because two of the screws were striped, which made it difficult to open. I got it apart and fixed it, but it was very hard to put it back together with all the springs.

It worked for a while until I found out yesterday, it wasn't shooting again. This time because the cocking mechanism wouldn't stay locked. But I found out after he had tried to take it apart. So he brought down the gun with half the parts. I put it back together three times before all the parts were actually there. Luckily, it is working now, ironically better than when he bought it because I had to replace several of the springs with springs from pens, which appear stronger.
    Oh, that would be really bad, good thing you were able to figure it out!

I have had the same problem with my sons Raider. In rapid fire mode, every third one will just fall out of the barrel. Serveral bullets have become damaged beyond use. I think the problem is that my son over loads the drum magazine and uses damaged/smashed bullets as well. At least I haven't had to take one of those apart.
    Yes, this is also quite common on Amazon reviews as well. The firing problem is that the first shot doesn't seat and fire properly, so it jams the first shot in the gate or before the gate, and chambers a second round and the first one stops them both from seating and firing properly.

If you're every looking for a neat puzzle to put together, take a nerf apart.
    That's very popular with the Nerf communities, tearing them down, adding new plungers and springs so they fire further.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That's very popular with the Nerf communities, tearing them down, adding new plungers and springs so they fire further.
    If I ever have to take the recon apart again, I might look to upgrade it. A couch spring could be perfect for it.

[FONT=Courier New]Okay, so of the 3 Nerf exclusive guns, the only one that appealed to me was the Alpha Trooper CS-18 from Target. So I picked one up on Friday (and 3 more on Saturday for gifts).[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]$19.99 gets you a blaster, 18 round drum mag, and 18 clip system/streamline darts. NO stock, but the stock from the Raider fits right on there and the so does the one from the Super Soaker Shot Blast (although it's not a 100% perfect fit).[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]The Alpha Trooper is a fun little blaster. It's got the slam fire feature which works better than the single fire mode. The slide/pumping mechanism doesn't ratchet forward all the way unless you're holding it all the way forward. There's a few millimeters of play that actually cause a delay of sorts when you squeeze the trigger if you're not holding all the way forward.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]The slide/pumping mechanism wraps completely around the barrell so it operates with your hand under (like the Raider) or over (like the Recon).[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]This blaster reminds me of a marriage between the Raider and the Recon both in looks, coloring, and operation. I have both the Raider and the Recon, and while the Recon is nice, I like this one better than it and as much as if not more than the Raider.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Overall, I am happy with this, but if you're picky about your Nerf blasters, this may not be the one for you. I like the mini drum mag, too.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]-------------------------------[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Target had a BIG display last night for their Nerf section and I snapped this picture of the new Stampede. The picture doesn't do it justice, this thing is ENORMOUS. The shield on the front is huge, too.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I seriously cannot wait for this to come out (September 9). It's gonna be spendy. $55 at TRU and WM, $50 at Target (according to their preorder pages on their respective websites).[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]With all the magazines that I have + the ones that it comes with, I will probably wear out the batteries (and my wife's patience) with this. I may even get two so I can bring them both to the beach when we go that weekend with my wife's family so that my brother in law and I can annoy everyone.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]They also had a few of the Clear Series Nerf Raiders on the shelf, too if anybody is interested in that particular series. If I ever got one, it'd only be for the all clear drum mag and it'd have to be on sale.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]PS: JT, I have 2 Raiders, and the one that I keep in my truck works just fine, but the one in the closet has a little issue with jamming up or not sliding back easily on the first try when I pull the pump back to load a new dart. Weird. Is this the issue you have or something altogether worse?[/FONT]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010-08-10T03-08-27.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	23468