Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    The Spectre is kinda cool, but it really doesn't seem like a full concept. It's a little like they wanted to remake the Maverick but not replace it (I assume it still sells well?), so they gave it a really uninspired barrel and a modular stock to pass it off as not-a-pistol. Yet, it just looks like a pistol with a bonus accessory pack.

That said, though, it is a nice looking pistol and the stock, as flimsy as it looks, should look spiffy on any of the modular-stock guns.

I want the shotgun, but I doubt I'd ever use it if I actually had a Nerf war with someone. It's too bulky and the reload process is too long, but looks like fun for shooting at random stuff in my bedroom.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Saw the Barrel Break at TRU the other day. That box has the stink of mediocrity on it. It's a small box and nothing about it is interesting, yet it's $20 just like the Recon but only comes with 1 removable accessory - the tactical rail 8-shot holder.

Watching the video here, the only thing interesting about this gun is that the barrel slides forward before breech-loading.

Saw a set recently with a clear 6-shot clip, that's a good idea.

Looks like the Stampede has 4 separate tac rails. And the bipod is a tac rail item, and the legs do indeed fold into it: http://sgnerf.blogspot.com/2010/08/n...on-manual.html
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Saw the Barrel Break at TRU the other day. That box has the stink of mediocrity on it. It's a small box and nothing about it is interesting, yet it's $20 just like the Recon but only comes with 1 removable accessory - the tactical rail 8-shot holder.

Watching the video here, the only thing interesting about this gun is that the barrel slides forward before breech-loading.

Saw a set recently with a clear 6-shot clip, that's a good idea.

Looks like the Stampede has 4 separate tac rails. And the bipod is a tac rail item, and the legs do indeed fold into it: http://sgnerf.blogspot.com/2010/08/n...on-manual.html
    [FONT=Courier New]The Barrel Break just looked "too little, too late" to me. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]It's kind of a neat idea, but it's hard to get excited about it when the Alpha Trooper and Raider have large capacity magazines and slam fire/semi auto fire modes and the Stampede ECS-50 fully automatic blaster is only a couple weeks away (I CAN'T WAIT!!!).[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Speaking of the Stampede, when I looked at the display at Target last night, I counted 6 total tactical rails (1 on the top/handle, 1 slightly below it on the barrel, 1 on each side of the barrel, 1 on the bottom of the barrel where the gripod is attached in this picture [/FONT][FONT=Courier New]here[/FONT][FONT=Courier New], and one of the bottom of the very end of the barrel).[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I want to take advantage of the rails on this and make some sort of secondary blaster attachment like we were talking about months back like a grenade launcher of sorts.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]This [/FONT][FONT=Courier New]exclusive[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] at TRU actually has a female rail attachment on the side (where the small blaster is attached) that could easily slide onto the left side of the Stampede, but I'd like to see something more slimmed down that could go on the bottom rail.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Just my musings for the day. I really can't wait to get my hand on the Stampede.[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]JT: Have you checked out the Alpha Trooper yet, or are you waiting for it to clearance out?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]Stampede![/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]On a whim, I decided to head to TRU at lunch time. I walked straight to the Nerf section (walking right past the SW aisle) and found the Stampede. I grabbed two of the ($55.00 each) and headed up to the counter (after I grabbed 12 each D cell batteries).[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I opened one up in the parking lot to check it out and raced back to my office to get a Phillips head screw driver and load the batteries.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]It's LOUD! And fast. I only fired it off in my pickup truck cab as not to draw attention to myself, but as soon as my employees leave, I will take it into the warehouse and test the range.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]The riot shield is kinda stupid, but I think those will make their way into the nephews' Christmas gifts (if they fit on the Alpha Trooper blasters that their getting).[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]The bipod/gripod is kinda cool. I probably won't use it, but it is cool.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]We're going to the beach with my in-laws next weekend, so these will definitely be coming with us. I am going to try to adapt my cheapo night vision monocular so it can attach to the rail using the flip up sight that came with my Recon.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I will post pictures if/when that happens.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]So excited to have this! Can't wait to test it out later tonight![/FONT]

Nice find, a week early! How loud is loud though?

TRU is having a special today, free bag of extra darts up to $5.99 with any clear Nerf N-strike blaster over $19.

Also, Friday through Monday, TRU is having the N-Force swords and axes on sale 25% off, specifically the
    "NERF N-Force Warlock Axe, N-Force Mace Blaster or N-Force Marauder Long Sword"

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Nice find, a week early! How loud is loud though?
    [FONT=Courier New]I just had a feeling I'd see it yesterday at the TRU by my office. Not sure why, just did. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I thought about this question "how loud is loud?" last night, trying to figure out how best to describe it.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]It's almost like a very small air pump for a rubber raft that you'd plug into your car's 12v socket. Without the constant "hum". It's like a ratcheting, pumping noise, with a bit of a high pitched whine to it.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]It's not a constant noise, only when you have your finger on the trigger. Other than that, I honestly don't know how to really completely quantify the noise it makes.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Overall, after playing with it here in the office for a few minutes last night after I shooed everyone out, and at home while shooting it at my wife (who played with it as well and fired back at me), I really like it.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]It's a lot of fun to plug in the 35 round drum magazine and just UNLOAD it! The range isn't great, and neither is the accuracy (but I still hit my intended targets) but this is a toy gun, so it's HELLAFUN to just let the darts fly.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]The only thing I don't like is the weight of the (6) D cells in the butt of the gun, but all that juice makes it go (there's no way to fire the gun without batteries, unlike the Vulcan with has a manual cocking mechanism).[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I think I will look for some battery adapters over the weekend and that should reduce some weight. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]One thing I really like is that you can change magazines when you're not firing it. The blaster cycles all the way through when you pull the trigger, so unlike the hand pump blasters, you don't have to **** it halfway or do anything special to remove or insert a fresh mag.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]With 6 tac rails, the modification/customization combinations are endless and the gripod/bipod is pretty cool, although mostly just as a forward grip and not as a bipod.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]To me, well worth the $55.00 (plus whatever you have to pay for batteries).[/FONT]

So it's just that it's a constant din while firing, it's not especially loud in a single shot?

Not great to hear the accuracy and distance are weak, but the gimmick sounds like it makes up for it. How long does it take you to go through the 35 shot drum mag? I'm guessing it hasn't jammed up on you, I know it has the unjam door but it sounds like it doesn't need it.

6 D-cells is 9v, so you could clip a 9 volt battery to the terminal leads if you want to reduce weight, but keep in mind that D-cells carry a mountain of energy storage where a smaller, lighter system will have less, so the D-cells ran it solid for 6 hours, a 9 volt battery might only run it for 1 hour or less.

So it's just that it's a constant din while firing, it's not especially loud in a single shot?

Not great to hear the accuracy and distance are weak, but the gimmick sounds like it makes up for it. How long does it take you to go through the 35 shot drum mag? I'm guessing it hasn't jammed up on you, I know it has the unjam door but it sounds like it doesn't need it.

6 D-cells is 9v, so you could clip a 9 volt battery to the terminal leads if you want to reduce weight, but keep in mind that D-cells carry a mountain of energy storage where a smaller, lighter system will have less, so the D-cells ran it solid for 6 hours, a 9 volt battery might only run it for 1 hour or less.
    [FONT=Courier New] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Boy, I really wish I could describe it better! It's hard to describe it without something really close to compare it to. It's not a constant din while firing, but there is a noticable increase in noise as it fires and then decrease as it cycles back through. Let me put it this way, I didn't want to play with it after 9 pm last night, as I didn't want to run the risk of disturbing the neighbors.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I had a couple jams last night, but all I had to do was wiggle the magazine or remove it. I unloaded a few magazines a few times before I ever had a problem, and you're right, the gimmick (IMO) more than makes up for any short comings. Range isn't horrible, especially for kids playing with it, but it could always be better.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I think the 35 round drum magazine takes about 20 seconds to unload, maybe? I will have to time it this weekend and report back. The 18 round magazine goes REALLY fast, and this gun is definitely going to be a game changer for kids that have Nerf wars. The Vulcan was definitely made for stationary play, but the Stampede is like a SAW and very mobile for Nerf wars.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Good point on the D cell batteries, thanks for the tip.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Overall, if you like shooting foam darts at people or stationary objects (the Iron Man figures on my bookshelf make GREAT targets), this is a good purchase... If you have some gift cards or rewards dollars to put towards it, it's an even better buy, especially if you already have a drum magazine. I think the drum magazines (both the Raider's 35 rd and the Alpha Trooper's 18 rd) look much sharper on this than the 18 round clips that came with it. I have yet to load up the two that I bought with both 35 round mags and see what happens (and how cool I look and feel) while shooting both.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I will take pics this weekend with the different magazine and attachment combinations and post pics on Tuesday along with my somewhat sketchy time tests on how long it takes to fire off the 35 round drum magazine.[/FONT]

Went to check if they had the Stampede at my TRU. They had four. Problem was they were still on the truck. They told me to come back on Sunday. Probably a good thing since I just got a 5 dollar off coupon in my email.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

[FONT=Courier New]I should have had about $15.00 in TRU rewards dollars by now. I spent a lot during the spring and summer.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Hopefully they will show up soon. [/FONT]