Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    I found it at Walmart today for 5 dollars less (49.95). Took it to the register and it came up "Not allowed to sell". She said it had a recall notice. I told her that it was new this month. She said there was nothing she could do. My son was not happy.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Man, that's so lame! I feel bummed for you and your son! You and he will love it.

Another win for TRU (IMO).
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

They finally unloaded the truck at TRU and I was able to pick one up. We spent about an hour shooting the couch with it.

The gun by itself is awesome. You empty a 18 dart clip really quick. I'm not to fond of the extras. The screen is to small and cheep looking and blocks the scope. The tripod/handle is nice, but with the 18 dart clip, it only extends beyond it an inch.

We are taking it outside to check the range and accuracy tomorrow.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

My TRU had a few of them on Saturday, but they put them waaaaaay up high on a top shelf so all I could see was the side of the box.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

[FONT=Courier New]So on Sunday, my wife and I had a couple of our friends over for dinner. I've known these gals since HS (they're sisters) and they're in their mid/late thirties.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]We missed one of their birthdays in the spring, so I got her a Nerf Alpha Trooper blaster not as a joke, but just because they're a whole bunch of fun. When our friend Ann opened it up, she made a "what the heck?" face, but I told her to just try it out, you'll love it.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]A couple of Nerf shots to my person, she was hooked. Then I broke out the Stampedes, and in our 600 sq. ft. apartment, a Nerf battle broke out.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I take back what I said about the blast/riot shields. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]As stupid and useless as they look, those suckers came in handy. Especially when you have two women (My wife just sat and watched the stupidity unfold) aiming at your head. See the picture below for an action shot of me using the shield and bipod. There are two closets on either side of me, so I was able to open each of the doors to create a wall with enough of a gap to shoot from. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I think it lasted for an hour to an hour and a half. We spent about 75% of the time just reloading magazines![/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]It was a BLAST! I can't wait til I can do that again with my wife and brother in law this weekend when we go to the coast on Thursday night.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I timed the Stampede with the 18 round magazines, and it unloads in about 10-15 seconds.[/FONT]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo0049.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	23611  

How well does the clip work with the drum magazine? My son immediately wanted to put on the Raider's Drum, but a note in the instructions said to only use the straight ones, so I wouldn't let him.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    How well does the clip work with the drum magazine? My son immediately wanted to put on the Raider's Drum, but a note in the instructions said to only use the straight ones, so I wouldn't let him.
    [FONT=Courier New] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Did you mean to say "How well does the Stampede work with the drum magazine?"?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]It works just fine! (It really says that?!? I threw the instructions out.)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I have had a couple misfires (not jams), but nothing that can't be remedied by releasing the magazine, adjusting the dart, and then reloading. But out of the HUNDREDS of darts fired off since I bought them, it's happened maybe 4-6 times, mostly when just running magazine after magazine during heavy firing like the Nerf battle we had on Sunday night.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]You shouldn't have a problem with it. It fits in there just fine (as all Clip System parts and pieces do) and with the high rate of fire, the 35 round drum mag is optimal for the Stampede.[/FONT]

Sounds like a blast! I finally saw the Stampede box on a shelf I could reach. It's a big box, and I was surprised they ran out of things to say and left the bottom blank.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yep, thats what I meant. I was looking forward to adding the drum until I saw that note. I couldn't understand why, but then I remembered reading something about it not fitting on it well.

That will give me something to do after work.

That's so weird, the drum mags work exactly the same as the clips as far as the blasters themselves are concerned. Perhaps it's due to the strength of the springs, the drum is a controlled, slightly slower load because it uses a different spring system, but it seems unlikely to be a solid reason since it's more consistent than the straight clip method.