Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    [FONT=Courier New]It was a LOT of fun! I just wish our place was bigger for that sort of thing. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I have a feeling Christmas Eve at my parents house is going to be NUTS when the littleuns open up their blasters that my wife and I got them.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Seriously, the drum magazines fit just fine. It may be a feeder/spring issue like JT mentioned, but I've yet to have any serious issues with either of mine other than a handful of misfires.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]And as for range/accuracy issues, the Stampede more than makes up for any of that with sheer rate of fire and volume.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]They're just plain fun.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    My son immediately wanted to put on the Raider's Drum, but a note in the instructions said to only use the straight ones, so I wouldn't let him.
    [FONT=Courier New]DM, I happened to find the instructions for the Stampede last night and I was curious to see why'd they say not to use the drum mag.[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]I am looking at the instructions right now but all I can find is a note in the "Loading Ammo" section saying to only use CLIP SYSTEM DARTS with this blaster.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Is it possible you misinterpreted that to mean only use the clips included?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]The drum magazines also use the CLIP SYSTEM darts and therefore are good to go.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Have you tried the drum magazine with it yet? Verdict? Are you and your son having as much fun as I have had with it?[/FONT]

I'll double check my instructions, but I thought it said something like use only clips in this product.

I haven't seen the gun since I gave it to my son. It did, however, wake me up twice this week. The thump, thump, thump, on my sons wall above me echos.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I'll double check my instructions, but I thought it said something like use only clips in this product.

I haven't seen the gun since I gave it to my son. It did, however, wake me up twice this week. The thump, thump, thump, on my sons wall above me echos.
    [FONT=Courier New]That's hilarious! So I take it he really likes it? How old is he?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]My wife and I are going to the Oregon coast tonight to spend the weekend with her folks and one of her younger brothers. I am packing along our Nerf guns (including both Stampedes) and all of the darts and magazines I/we own. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I spent some time last night loading up all the magazines so that they're ready. Plus I bought some more darts and batteries last night. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I was tempted to buy a 3rd Raider just to get another drum magazine since Fred Meyer had a 20% off all Nerf sale going on, plus there was a 10% bonus coupon in Sunday's paper, making the Raider $25.00, but I passed. I will probably get another one at some point when they go on sale again, maybe after Christmas.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I just hope the repetitive sound of the Stampede's firing doesn't annoy my father in law. He'll either hate it or be amused like my old man was when he and Mom stopped by the other night and I showed it to him and he pointed it at me at didn't stop firing until it was empty. I swear, these Nerf guns bring out the kid in everyone! Hopefully my father in law will love it, too.[/FONT]

He's ten and he has spent his week either doing homework, or shooting it out in the yard. I went to mow and I found about 10 darts (one after the mower got it).

If you have a Kmart near you, they had both the Raider and the Longshot for 19.99 in the clearance section.

In the thinkgeek catolog, they have a holster that will hold the mavrick. I might have to pick that up for my mavrick.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

He's ten and he has spent his week either doing homework, or shooting it out in the yard. I went to mow and I found about 10 darts (one after the mower got it).

If you have a Kmart near you, they had both the Raider and the Longshot for 19.99 in the clearance section.

In the thinkgeek catolog, they have a holster that will hold the mavrick. I might have to pick that up for my mavrick.
    [FONT=Courier New]I do have a K Mart near me, but I won't be able to check it out until Sunday. But thanks for the tip.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I will check out the holster, too.
    [/FONT]

Amazon has the Raider with bonus drum EDIT: 35 darts for $31.40 with free shipping right now. ToysRus.com has the Barrel Break on sale for $15 with a free bag of darts.

I received the Stampede yesterday as a belated birthday present. I wasn't expecting the sharp "zip!" sound from each shot. It's quite heavy thanks to those 6 D-cells, heavier than I was expecting really. The advantage of its heft is my sister and niece won't be able to lift it for very long, which means I won't be bugged about using it the most.

The extended clips are pretty cool, though honestly they're so long that I almost feel like they need to sell a 12-shot clip just to make a nicer-looking clip. The clips work in the Raider and Recon fine, and have notches for ammo count, though finding orange darts in an orange clip is a tad difficult. I already took the "18 max!" yellow stickers off, they're not applied neatly and it says it in black text on the other side.

It fires in an unusual manner, one I wasn't expecting, a trigger pull doesn't fire a dart, it starts a process which fires a dart. For single-shot action it's a bit disconcerting. However, for rapid fire it's dandy. I saw 1 dart come out wonky last night, like any rapid firing produces on my Raider (which I've decided after this Friday I'm going to have Hasbro CS replace). The Stampede works fantastically with the drum mag, but I think the misfire I witnessed last night (it dribbled out, then kept firing normally) was due to an old dart in the drum mag. The new darts are a nicer quality and firmer than the old ones, probably because they'll get worked over harder in the Stampede. Running it empty, the gun sometimes treats it like a jam, opening the access door and then dry-firing once more when it's closed. The clip release trigger requires a bit more travel than I was expecting, often ending up 2-handed, but it's a small price to pay.

I haven't yet geared up the Stampede yet beyond its shield and grip/bipod. The grip/bipod is fun as hell, good design, for attachment it works fine in the lowest rail, but the drum gets in the way of right-handed gripping that way, so moving the grip up to the rail under the barrel makes that work (or just going lefty). The shield in intended position indeed blocks the nifty built-in sight, but if you move the shield to the top rail it still works and doesn't block the sight. The shield works on the Recon on the barrel (leaving it on the slide would be annoying to use), and works on the Recon at the very back. I suspect my standard system for the Stampede will be drum mag, tac light on the side, grip on the bottom, and ladder sight on the top. I'm finally regretting not getting the red-dot and scope when I saw them on clearance in January.

My arsenal now looks like this:
    Maverick
    Recon
    Raider
    Stampede

I plan on bringing them over to my sister's place on Friday, she wants to check them out and have a nerf war. I doubt my niece knows where the Maverick I bought her a few years ago is. With the extended clips, I now have a nice balance for all the larger blasters:

- Raider - 2 extended clips (2x 18)
    - Stampede - drum (1x 36)
    - Recon - 1 extended clip, 2 standard clips, 1 Maverick (1x 18, 2x 6-shot clips, 1x 6-shot handgun)

that way, everybody gets 36 shots. I have no idea if there will be interest in the shield, I suspect perhaps my niece will think it's a good idea. I doubt the tactical light or ladder sight will be of any use, I'll bring them for a goof mainly. I bet both stocks will get used.

Anyway, the Stampede is quite cool, quite heavy, and the extended clips are most welcome. Heck, I'm actually glad it came with 1 6-shot clip, now I finally have a second one to put into the Recon's stock.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

[FONT=Courier New]Nice birthday gift! Glad you like it! Question: Would you have paid $50.00 or $55.00 for it?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]My wife's mom and dad rented a cabin at the coast this past weekend and invited my wife and I (and my youngest brother in law) to come down.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]The 5 of us had a HUGE Nerf fight on Friday morning and had a blast. I bought my brother in law a Nerf Alpha Trooper to use and keep and he LOVED it.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]It was great fun watching my father in law rocking the Stampede and my mother in law using a Raider.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]A good time was had by all.[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]Thanks for the tip about the Raider with a bonus drum. I may have to order that.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I picked up a Longstrike CS-6 yesterday. It was on sale for $18.99 at Fred Meyer and a 10% off bonus coupon brought it down to $17.09![/FONT]

BTW, the Raider looks wild with the 18-ECS instead of a 6-clip or the drum. It's like a Sten gun from WWII, a long straight clip out the side.

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    [FONT=Courier New]Nice birthday gift! Glad you like it! Question: Would you have paid $50.00 or $55.00 for it?[/FONT]
    Good question, I've been thinking about that a lot. Right now, I'm on the fence, it's a cool blaster and it's big and it does what it's supposed to, but I feel like it's $10 too much for what one gets in the box. That said, it has performed well, it has complex internal mechanisms, and the multiple clips and grip attachment are welcome elements.

My wife's mom and dad rented a cabin at the coast this past weekend and invited my wife and I (and my youngest brother in law) to come down.

The 5 of us had a HUGE Nerf fight on Friday morning and had a blast. I bought my brother in law a Nerf Alpha Trooper to use and keep and he LOVED it.

It was great fun watching my father in law rocking the Stampede and my mother in law using a Raider.

A good time was had by all.
    Killer! I'm considering getting the Alpha Trooper just so my dad will have something to shoot on Friday, apparently he's joining us.

Thanks for the tip about the Raider with a bonus drum. I may have to order that.
    Sure thing. I'm thinking about it too, that drum is quite tempting. I'm going to wait and see how it goes with my family before doing it though.

I picked up a Longstrike CS-6 yesterday. It was on sale for $18.99 at Fred Meyer and a 10% off bonus coupon brought it down to $17.09!
    Nice get. How is it?

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well, I had a little fun setting up the configurations on it and the others a little while ago. I found out a few things:

- The Recon's barrel neuters its range and accuracy, with it removed it's a killer.
    - The Raider's barrel DOESN'T seem to neuter its range or accuracy, single-shot it's pretty decent.
    - My Raider does just as horribly with the 18-ECS as normal clips and the drum in rapid fire.
    - The drum jams a little in the Stampede, but most of the time it clears them itself. The drum's loading isn't always fast enough for the Stampede, so I'll get misfires simply from a round not chambering.
    - The Stampede stops firing when a clip is empty, but not when the drum is empty.
    - The Stampede's range and accuracy are pretty mediocre.
    - The Stampede's tactical rails aren't all set up to stop in the same place.
    - Cleaning up 90 darts is really, REALLY boring.

I do feel like the Stampede is nifty, but its MSRP of $60 is insanely overpriced, and even at $50 it's a bit steep. It's fun and it's impressive, but even with the included 60 shots the fun is over pretty quickly.