Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    The Alpha Trooper was a huge hit, my sister loved the rapid fire gun, and my niece liked most of the other guns. The darts sting a little, didn't realize. They wanted to get into the Stampede, but it was just so awkward with the size and weight. They want me to bring over the arsenal again, I'll leave out the Maverick as its action is dying with age, and probably the Recon since single-shot fun was dead to them, though it might make a nice backup handgun since the Maverick is getting retired. The Stampede's shield worked nicely, the grip worked well too (never got to use the bipod), the stock on the Alpha Trooper didn't really seem to matter, the Raider fared ok but with its rapid-fire dead, it was really not thrilling - I suspect next time, I'll end up using it (unless Hasbro gets the replacement to me before that, they are sending a replacement). The drum mags worked great, my niece had a problem with the Alpha dropping the 18-shot ECS clip though, that was really odd. We lost 4 darts, not too bad in the scheme of things. They NEED to sell those mini-drums or ECS clips though. My sister felt that their home needed 2 nerf guns.

In terms of jams, the Stampede had a few jams that got pretty dire, I think all were with the 35-shot drum. The Raider had 1 jam that caused my sister to just abandon it with shots still in the clip. My niece had a few jams, but her trouble was mainly with the slide on the Alpha and how it pertained to the clip. There were a lot of moments where we thought stuff was jammed that turned out to be merely dry - the darts dwindle pretty fast. My niece the first time around grabbed the Maverick exactly as I hoped it'd work out, but the slide action being worn down was a letdown. If she had grabbed the unencumbered Recon it would have worked well.

Oh, and I saw the single-shot IX-1 for $6 at Kmart the other day. These are the slide-action N-strike blasters that are no longer than a grip and trigger, they have a short top tac-rail, and until now they've been sold only in multipacks at TRU. If they had an adapter to marry the tac-rail to the Stampede or Recon, that would be SO rad, then you'd have a bonus shot weapon. Packaging claims it'll shoot 36 feet, which is more than any other I think, kind of bold to make the smallest gun the best distance.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

[FONT=Courier New]Sounds like you all had a AWESOME time![/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]I agree, I wish they'd sell those mini drums and 18 round clips separately.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I will have to get to K-Mart to check out the IX-1. My wife and I have been toying with the idea of getting that multipack at TRU, but just haven't done it yet, even though it'd be lots of fun for a party.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

The IX-1 is the gun that comes with the dart board or the six-pack right?

That is a great little gun considering it is a one-shot weapon. It feels good in your hand, easy to load and arm, and is pretty accurate considering it's size. I wouldn't say it shots 36 feet though. I'm going to have to check out K-Mart now that its in singles. My son has two of them but I need one for my daughter. He has clipped three of those tac-rail accessories to the top of it.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

"Reflex IX-1" here's how it looks single-carded: http://www.entertainmentearth.com/pr...umber=HNR93242
    Notice that it's rattan-banded to the card, I tried REAL hard to get it cocked in the store, but no go.

Glad to hear you dig it, DM, I'll have to track it down again and buy one. Big Lots apparently has had them in recent months for $5.

So it turns out the Stampede is notorious for jamming only with the 35-shot drum mag and nothing else. That's a little frustrating.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I avoid Nerf products, ever since I got into a run-in with a nerf herder a few years ago.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    "Reflex IX-1" here's how it looks single-carded: http://www.entertainmentearth.com/pr...umber=HNR93242
    Notice that it's rattan-banded to the card, I tried REAL hard to get it cocked in the store, but no go.

So it turns out the Stampede is notorious for jamming only with the 35-shot drum mag and nothing else. That's a little frustrating.
    [FONT=Courier New]Truly a bummer since the Stampede seems like it was almost made to utilize that big drum magazines 35 round capacity.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Hopefully they'll develop an add on accessory in the near future with a similar capacity.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

You could always use the flip-clip on a couple ECSs.

Hasbro was so nice about my Raider, they sent out a new one right away, and it already arrived. I'm going to go check it out right now, hopefully it works.

Hasbro sent me the replacement Raider in the original factory shipping case (the kind retailers receive), inside it was 1 standard retail-boxed Raider and the second box had been removed leaving only a cardboard separator. And nothing else. It looks like Hasbro is letting me keep the semi-functional Raider along with its perfectly lovely drum magazine! That is fabulous, go Hasbro!

I set up the new Raider and sure enough, it works perfectly every time in slam-fire. It's not firing as straight as the Alpha Trooper rapid-firing, but it's firing them pretty much as well as the Stampede. No jams. The action is notably stiffer than my first Raider, even the jam door is stiffer, yet the stock and drum aren't fully screwed together, there's a little wiggle in each I'll have to tighten up. The drum's action was really tight and wonky inserting the first 3 darts, then smoothed right up, as good as my original drum.

To distinguish it from the no-slamfire one, I put the sticker warning about putting the adapter on before using under the adapter. I'll probably end up putting that on the old one instead once I get all the Nerf out of the bag.

Now I have:
    2x 6-shot clips
    3x 18-shot extended clips
    1x 18-shot mini drum magazine
    2x 35-shot drum magazines

for a total capacity of 154 darts, not counting 6 in the Maverick, 1 each from the 4 blasters I have that have the extra dart slot in the grip, or any extras in the drums.

What was there before Nerf? Cap guns!

This offering was at The Toy Museum in Branson, MO. Ah, nostalgia!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0701.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	23675   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0702.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	23676  
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Eh, I remember cap guns from when I was a kid, they never did it for me. I liked the smell of the gunpowder, but the sound was too high, too shrill to be fun. I enjoyed the gunpowder-filled paper poppers more once they came around to my neighborhood, and still do. Walmart still sells cap guns, but only in ring style I think.