Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    I was at Toys R Us today and happened upon the learning toy section and I noticed a new EyeClops Night Vision product.

It's a scope and it has what looks like a female tactical rail and might fit on a Nerf tactical rail. Has anybody else seen this?
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]Just ordered 4 Nerf Barricades and 3 Nerf Stampedes (extra value/double darts pack to boot!) off of HTS. I used the HOLIDAY2010 code to get 25% off and free shipping. What a deal![/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I ordered 3 Barricades on Thursday, but it was too late to get the FAMILY2010 25% discount, but I did get free shipping. I will return those for credit when the discounted ones arrive.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]The Barricades are my personal "armory" along with one of the new Stampedes. The other 2 Stampedes are Christmas gifts for my wife's 2 younger brothers (early 20's) so that we can have a Nerf fight on Christmas like we did at the beach in September.[/FONT]

I am curious to see how the Barricade works out. I've been seeing it at TRU lately, $20 is too high even if it is motorized so I haven't been tempted yet. It'd be the same price if I bought it off HTS though with the discount, thanks to their insanely-high shipping price under $50 ($50 and up is free shipping).

Good deal on the Stampede value pack.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

[FONT=Courier New]I am excited to try out the Barricade. I have been wandering the toy stores/toy aisles the last 2 weeks and haven't seen it out yet, so I jumped on it when I saw it online.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]With the discount and free shipping, it's $12.75, so I thought that was a pretty okay deal.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]JT, have you seen the EyeClops Night Vision Scope that I mentioned in a previous post? I want a second opinion before I drop $50.00 on it to see if it fits the Nerf tac. rails.[/FONT]

Not one that fits on the Tac Rails, no. I looked 'em up, but didn't see anything that would fit the design you're talking about, they're all head-mounted that I've seen.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah, the scope doesn't seem to be very well established online yet, and there's only one on ebay so far: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-JAKKS-EYE-CL...item5641398fa3

Haven't seen any pictures that give a clear indication if it could fit on a Nerf RIS rail. Nerf rails are a different size than their real steel counterparts.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

[FONT=Courier New]That's the only online listing I've seen for it as well. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]In person, up close, and through the packaging, it looks like the part that attaches to a rail is oversized for the Nerf rail, but I can't tell if it has screws or something else that would tighten it down for a snug fit.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]It's obvious once you see it that it looks like it was designed to fit *A* rail of some sort, but maybe they just made it generic enough to fit on Nerf and/or Airsoft rails (which is cool, too).[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I will wait until I am done with Christmas to try it. I am sure I can always adapt it. It's $50.00 which is and isn't a lot. If it doesn't work, I can give it to my nephew to play with.[/FONT]

I finally found a Barricade at Target on Friday night. The ones I ordered from HTS showed up yesterday. They're all going back. It's a decent enough gun for $14.99 (Target's cheaper by $2...), but not something I need more than 1 of for now.

It works with the suction darts as well as the 'whistler' darts that it comes with. Range is not that great, but it's kinda fun.

If anyone is interested, www.toysrus.com finally has a clear picture up o their site for the EyeClops Night Vision Scope (out of package).

That good, huh? What's not so great about it?

I went to buy my sister and niece a pair of Alpha Troopers at Target last night, they only had 2 and 1 of the boxes had been opened. I didn't want to rummage around inside to be sure everything was on the up-and-up so I passed, will pick them up another time when I'm not as low on funds.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    That good, huh? What's not so great about it?
    [FONT=Courier New]In a word: Range.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I think it's mostly the fault of how they made the mechanisms work. Unlike the Stampede, when you turn on the Barricade, you literally turn it on. There's a motor inside that (and these are 100% accurate scientific terms) starts whirring and makes the darts goe "pew pew pew" when you pull the trigger.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]When you pull the trigger, there's hardly any sound outside of the motor (unlike when you pull the trigger on a pump action Nerf blaster, where there's a distinct "pop" sound).[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Because the motor generates the air that shoots the dart (HUGE guess there on that), the force isn't that great, and therefore the range suffers. If you get a chance to handle one, you'll know what I am talking about.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]It's a fun toy, just not the greatest Nerf gun ever and will not replace the Maverick as a Nerf sidearm unless you like the fact that it's semi-auto and does not need to be pumped.[/FONT]