Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration V

Celebration V

According to Steve Sansweet: Baltimore, Orlando, Chicago, Indianapolis & Minneapolis are all vying to be the city of choice for 35,000 plus Star Wars fans the spring of 2009 or 2010 for the fifth expo.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

Im in Indy, would love to see it here again. New Stadium added on the convention center. I vote Indy! If anyone is listening.

Baltimore please. Right down the road for me
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I vote for summer! Hopefully, the dates will not be in spring time again. I was able to get to C4 during Memorial Day weekend, but missed 1-3 because of school/work schedules.

It still seems too soon to have another.

I vote for Yokohama or Tokyo...
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Chicago, Indy, or Minneapolis would be the best. But . . . I have family in Minnesota that would likely want to go, and they get old pretty quickly, so maybe not.

I also hope it's in summer. There's really no reason to have it in May anymore, unless they wanted to be right on the 10th anniversary of TPM. School will be out for me May 8 this year so anything after that will be dandy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Chicago, Indy, or Minneapolis would be the best. But . . . I have family in Minnesota that would likely want to go, and they get old pretty quickly, so maybe not.
    Agreed. All locales centrally located will suffice. Having Celebration IV in California was too much of a journey for some of us East-Coasters. Even though I would be in school, I think I will most mysteriously have a severe case of smallpox or ebola that weekend, and arrange for a sub.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

...of course I'm rooting for Baltimore(good convention ctr., lots of hotels). But I have a feeling they'll pick a more centrally located state. Why go from one extreme coast to another..yuknow?
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    I vote for Yokohama or Tokyo...
    There's a Celebration Tokyo coming up in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner View Post
    Agreed. All locales centrally located will suffice. Having Celebration IV in California was too much of a journey for some of us East-Coasters. Even though I would be in school, I think I will most mysteriously have a severe case of smallpox or ebola that weekend, and arrange for a sub.
    Yeah, but Indiana is just a stone's throw away from us West Coast folks. 2000 miles away and nothing much to do, whoopee! And Baltimore is on the east coast, how is that ANY different for us than your complaint? At least LA is an alpha city, the only other ones in the US are Chicago and NY. Plus, I've never heard anything good about the summers in Baltimore, Orlando, Chicago, or Indianapolis (sorry Minneapolis, nobody thinks about you much at all).

Orlando, that is so lame! They already have Walt Disney World and their annual SW Weekends while Disneyland gets nothing of the sort despite being the birthplace of Star Tours and having daily Jedi Training sessions for the kids.

You know what's centrally located? Kansas. Anybody want to do this in the dustbowl? No? Because Kansas sucks? Right.

LA was the biggest SW Celebration ever, and for the first time ever had complete run of the convention center at which it was being held. It had ample parking and lots of space, everything was air conditioned except for 2 lines outside. I doubt it'll get bigger and better than that. No idea why LA isn't in the running for it again. Indy got to do it twice, and they weren't half as spacious as C4.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner View Post
    Having three Celebrations "East of the Rockies," to quote the great Art Bell, and just one west of them does not seem too fair. The best location for another Celebration might be up in San Francisco close to Skywalker Ranch and the new Presidio complex. Imagine a Celebration that included tours of these places.