Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    News from Blu-Ray.Com:

Star Wars The complete Saga NA unit sales.

First week 515,000 + 2nd week 400,000 = 915,000 units in North America.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I'm so glad that I discovered that the "play all" feature on bonus discs allows you select exactly what "all" you wish to play. I thought it was going to just play EVERYTHING.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Well, you can choose for it to play everything.

But yes, it's nice they give you a variety of opinions under Play All.

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett View Post
    A couple pictures from the Blu-Ray release at my WAl-Mart store, and yes, it is yours truely in the armor.Attachment 25407Attachment 25408Attachment 25409
    Pretty cool! My Walmart had the AT-AT set up on release night, but within 24 hours, the "body" of the AT-AT was gone - probably got chucked in the cardboard baler. Now it's just some AT-AT legs that go up to empty space.

Anyways, did the Blu-Ray release really end up being that big of a deal? I was off work that night and didn't go in (don't own a Blu-Ray player, so there's no point in buying the set); but supposedly my store scheduled extra associates to police the lines and keep everything running smoothly. However, maybe 1 or 2 people showed up to buy the BDs at midnight and maybe a few others trickled in throughout the night. I'd be surprised if they sold 10 copies of the BDs within the first 24 hours.

Every store I go to now seems to just be overflowing with Star Wars Blu-Rays, so obviously I think there will still be plenty available even if I decide to wait a year or so to get a player.

Overall, it seems like the big Star Wars Blu-Ray release was a bust and nothing even remotely close to the excitement generated by the DVD release in 2004. I wonder if that's just because not enough people own Blu-Ray players yet or if maybe people are simply getting tired of purchasing the Star Wars films (especially when Lucas keeps making changes to the films themselves)?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Overall, it seems like the big Star Wars Blu-Ray release was a bust and nothing even remotely close to the excitement generated by the DVD release in 2004. I wonder if that's just because not enough people own Blu-Ray players yet or if maybe people are simply getting tired of purchasing the Star Wars films (especially when Lucas keeps making changes to the films themselves)?
    May have seemed like a bust to you but apparently the release broke every record for Bluray that there was. Check the article here.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    May have seemed like a bust to you but apparently the release broke every record for Bluray that there was. Check the article here.
    Considering the newness of the format and the fact that it's Star Wars, that's hardly unexpected. However, did it meet sales projections? That's a completely different kettle of fish.

Also, those sales numbers include online pre-orders, not just the units sold at midnight on September 16th. I'm talking about the actual "midnight madness" event. Did this release compel people to show up at stores and wait in line for the BDs the way past Star Wars releases have? Like I said, our store anticipated long lines, but there were none. I'm just wondering if that was typical across the country at midnight on September 16th.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

With nearly 2000 reviews of just the blu-ray set, I am surprised to see it with just a 2.5/5 on Amazon. People REALLY don't like something about the set, and I'm betting it's the myriad of changes (although I have seen some comments that there's an aggressive digital noise reduction at play on the movies). I personally haven't experienced the set, I didn't end up buying it, and have been busy lately with other matters of a family nature.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    With nearly 2000 reviews of just the blu-ray set, I am surprised to see it with just a 2.5/5 on Amazon. People REALLY don't like something about the set, and I'm betting it's the myriad of changes (although I have seen some comments that there's an aggressive digital noise reduction at play on the movies).
    The 2.5 actually happened long before the sets were released. A lot of the reviews were people complaining about how the OT v1.0 was not going to be on it. That's pretty much what dragged the rating into the cellar. I wrote Amazon about that since they were reviewing something that hadn't yet been released. They explained that the actual films had been released prior to this release and they were allowing people to review based on those films, not the actual set that was coming out. I didn't think it was correct for them to allow that.

It's especially telling that the seperate releases have a much higher rating because of that.

Do they? That's funny! I think people just glommed onto the Saga release and left the other ones alone. LOL

[just went there for a look]

And it's funny that the OT rates like 3.5 stars and the PT rates a solid 4 stars.