Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Over the last week - 10 days, I've watched the entire saga on BR. It's been a long time since I've done that, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The OT is my favorite, but I do have a new appreciation of the prequels especially since I hadn't sat down and watched them in their entirety in some time. Political intrigue is definitely at center stage, and the political events could happen in the everyday real world (and probably do; I'm not that na´ve.) Jar Jar is less of an annoyance. Too much dependence on technology.

The discs are getting repackaged this fall. The content and extras are all the same, but I wonder if they'll have the new Lucasfilm intros without the 20th Century Fox fanfare, as seen on the digital releases (aside from ANH).

On October 13, the existing nine-disc, six-film set will be repackaged with Vader-centric artwork. Why they're still calling it "The Complete Saga" right before we're getting new movies is beyond me.

On November 10, with preorders starting on August 7, it looks like each of the six will be available individually in steelbook cases. The last time the OT films were available individually was the 2006 DVD release, and the prequels haven't been individual since their original releases (and subsequent reprintings, of course). The character artwork is pretty great, at least.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    What does Lucasfilm consider canon? Check the list!
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi

The individual covers look sharp but I'll pass. My previous set will do nicely.

Are steelbooks really a big thing for collectors?

It always seems like a store (usually Target) gets an exclusive steelbook packaging and makes a big deal about it, but that usually just means "a few bucks more than the normal one for a while, then much cheaper on clearance a few months later"?

I've gotten a couple, but in both cases it was because the steelbook was much cheaper than the normal edition.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I think steelbooks are a gimmick, but that's me.

Later this fall, the James Bond movies that are called the Spectra trilogy are being released in the steelbook format. I might have to splurge and get From Russia With Love in Blu-Ray.

From Russia With Love is among the first Blu-Rays I got, it's really nice. I dunno that I need a Spectre trilogy though, and I doubt I'll be seeing the new movie at all, given the horrendous plot points leaked.

What kind of a world do we live in where the Star Wars trilogy doesn't have the Fox fanfare ahead of it? That's so wrong! Damn you, digital and now possibly blu-ray releases!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

Kylo Ren - came from Space Brooklyn, although he moved to Space Williamsburg before it was trendy.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    From Russia With Love is among the first Blu-Rays I got, it's really nice. I dunno that I need a Spectre trilogy though, and I doubt I'll be seeing the new movie at all, given the horrendous plot points leaked.

What kind of a world do we live in where the Star Wars trilogy doesn't have the Fox fanfare ahead of it? That's so wrong! Damn you, digital and now possibly blu-ray releases!
    I have the nice box set of the Bond movies (the one previous to the two-disc sets) and they do me nicely. But if I come across one of the two-discs or Blu-Rays cheap I will add them to the collection. WM and Best Buy seem to have the Bond Blu-Rays cheap on Black Friday so I have a tendency to pick them up.