Hybrid View

Star Wars on Blu-Ray 2011!!!

Wow, I just read the news about the release of Star Wars on Blu-Ray.

NEW deleted scenes including a scene with Luke building his new light saber in a cave at the opening of ROTJ!!!

I hope Lucas does the right thing here and releases these with the original theatrical versions. I also hope these will include iTunes versions of the films.

I can't wait!
    May the force be with you.

Hopefully the new deleted scenes will be on a new DVD set. I'd buy that. I wouldn't buy a new player.

And hopefully said new DVD set is available in Classic Trilogy flavor and not only in Classic/Prequel Swirl. I don't need any more prequel anything, unless they're finally fixing Yoda in TPM.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

It would be fun to see a cut scene of Luke building his lightsaber, but it should not be edited into the film.

The first time Luke should be seen in walking into the palace, hidden by his cloak. (I know he is a hologram before that.)

Don't expect the original cuts. They won't be on this set, you can rest assured of that.

Lucas also clarified that the original trilogy movies will be included as they were shown theatrically in 1997 and released on DVD in 2004 - i.e., the original versions will not be included. "You have to go through and do a whole restoration on it, and you have to do that digitally," he said. "It's a very, very expensive process to do it. So when we did the transfer to digital, we only transferred really the upgraded version."
    In fact, if rumors hold true... this will be all new versions of the films. Such as replacing the awful Yoda puppet from TPM with the CGI Yoda that was designed for AotC. And tweaking a few more things here and there.

Good to hear about the never before seen deleted sceens. Hopefully we get the Wampa Room scene from ESB. And I wonder if this means we might get the Camie and Fixer scene from ANH. They did just get figures, after all.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Hopefully the new deleted scenes will be on a new DVD set. I'd buy that. I wouldn't buy a new player.

And hopefully said new DVD set is available in Classic Trilogy flavor and not only in Classic/Prequel Swirl. I don't need any more prequel anything, unless they're finally fixing Yoda in TPM.
    It's okay Chux, the format war is over and prices have dropped.

Soon your tube televison and dvd player will break and you will be forced to adopt HD, when that time comes you will be happy with blu-ray.

Honestly, I do not see Lucas releasing this stuff on DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    It's okay Chux, the format war is over and prices have dropped.
    Indeed. You can get a semi-decent Blu-Ray player from Wal-Mart for $88.

And I agree. I doubt we'll see a DVD release with all the bells and whistles.

He wants people to adopt Blu-Ray, and making it a Blu-Sclusive will do that.

Sorry about the double posts. But they're each somewhat required.

So to make it better...... here's the Lightsaber scene shown at SWC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdJ0E7HbTKc

Watch it quick before Lucasfilm gets it yanked down.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Sorry about the double posts. But they're each somewhat required.

So to make it better...... here's the Lightsaber scene shown at SWC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdJ0E7HbTKc

Watch it quick before Lucasfilm gets it yanked down.
    You rock! Downloaded and saved for posterity.

The digital transfer argument is bs IMO. He already did the digital transfer for the DVD release back in 2006, so he has the original theatrical releases in digital format.

Good frickin' lord, I don't want to get into this g***** debate again. I merely stated that for those people who can't afford or can't use blu-ray, for those who think it's wasteful to get and throw away electronics every couple of years, or for those who don't plan to re-buy their entire collection and don't see the need to get a new player for just one movie or a small handful of movies, I would hope this is released on DVD. If not, eff Lucas; he doesn't need the money too badly.

There are people who just don't care, or who don't see enough of a picture improvement to justify even $88 for a new player. It's foolish for the movie companies to be so set on ramming blu-ray down everyone's throats less than a decade after the wide adoption of DVD that they ignore this.

That said, the original trilogy is one of the very, very few movies that could make me upgrade. However, if it's only sold as a set of all six movies, screw that. The prequels aren't good enough movies for a double-dip.

I've said my point. Continue ridiculing me over some perceived mental defect.
    Last edited by El Chuxter; 08-14-2010 at 04:00 PM.
    Tommy, close your eyes.