Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Well, it was apperantly a very last minute deletion. Which is why it has completed Special Effects.
    Though, it seems to me that they could touch up a lot of the cut scenes. I know it's a lot of work just to clean them but they've got the sound effects ready to go, it's the score that's probably the difficult part and any audio from the set that they planned to use. Anyway, I don't own Blu-Ray but this may be what turns me to the dark side.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

I hope they fix that horrible CG Sy Snootles. I think it's too much to hope for a return of Lapti Nek, but making a new CG Sy that looks exactly like the old puppet would satisfy me a little.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

I can see why the scene wasn't included; the film works better without it. But it is still cool. If I were creating it, I'd have had Vader's parts the same, but with Luke seen from behind building it, and cutting something with the blade (hearing it, don't show the saber's color), so it'd seem like HE had a conflict within him.

If it's ONLY on Blu-Ray, I'd have to buy a player, too, if I decided to get it. But if it's on both DVD and R-R, I'll definitely pick these up (especially if it's in a set).
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

To be fair though, we already saw Luke's Saber during the skiff scene in the trailers.

So the scene wouldn't have really spoiled anything. Though I am glad they trimmed it.

Also don't see the problem with CGI Sy Snootles. The original puppet was bad.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I was at the Main Event in the actual room (as opposed to one of the broadcasts) and it was thrilling to see that scene. George announced the Blu-ray (which means I'll finally be buying a player) and then brought out Mark Hamill. Mark talked about how his original entrance in ROTJ was cut (as I saw him the previous day, discussing how his original entrance was cut from ANH as well) and about how he loved news of deleted scenes when he was younger, like the King Kong deleted scenes. Then they showed it and it absolutely blew my mind. I had heard of the scene, but there seemed to have been some debate on whether it was filmed, or still existed, or what . . . but holy hell, that was incredible.

I have to get a region-free/code-free Blu-Ray player soon. I've got a lot of foreign DVDs, so I cannot just run out and grab any old model. *sigh* Time to start shopping. I guess we need to start doing that soon anyhow as my partner has ordered LOST and Battlestar Galactica on Blu-Ray anyhow.

I watched that clip that was shown at CV. Is it bad that I thought it was kinda awful?

Quote Originally Posted by Bosskman View Post
    I hope they fix that horrible CG Sy Snootles. I think it's too much to hope for a return of Lapti Nek, but making a new CG Sy that looks exactly like the old puppet would satisfy me a little.
    She seemed a bit too rubbery in the 1997 version. Give the girl some bones!!!! LOL Actually, that whole scene was awful and should be excised full stop. The original version was a little more tucked into the background and not so "in your face". It's like watching the film and having someone stick a Billy Mays Oxi-Clean commercial in the middle of it.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner;733600I
    watched that clip that was shown at CV. Is it bad that I thought it was kinda awful?

Its terrible you should think that way!!!............Just kidding of course. If you hate it, thats just fine. Most people here aren't going to tell you that you have to like it.

Well, as for the scene itself, I'm glad it was cut, but that may just be me saying that after being so familiar with the current ROTJ opening for so many years. I mean, it looks like it's supposed to be between the Moff Jerjerrod scene and R2-D2 and C-3PO walking to Jabba's palace, but the tone does seem strange. I wonder if there's more to it? I have to think there is.

As deleted scenes go, I'm more interested in seeing them and finding out why they were cut as opposed to judging their individual qualities.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    Its terrible you should think that way!!!............Just kidding of course. If you hate it, thats just fine. Most people here aren't going to tell you that you have to like it.
    HAHAHAHA!

Seriously, I was sitting there waiting as Vader sat there saying, "Luke... Luke... Luke... Luke..." I was like, "yeah, you're trying to reach Luke. We get it!"

It's fine, but it is really obvious why this scene was cut. It's not that amazing and it doesn't really add anything to the story at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    As deleted scenes go, I'm more interested in seeing them and finding out why they were cut as opposed to judging their individual qualities.
    I'm interested in seeing all the cut scenes, but these are probably more chaff than wheat.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

can't wait for these to hit on blu-ray so looking forward to seeing the rest of the deleted scenes and what other goodies they are going to be packing into the set...

would love to see that Luke/Vader scene spliced into the ROTJ....that is awesome and gives me chills everytime I see it...such a great clip
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks