Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    Do they? That's funny! I think people just glommed onto the Saga release and left the other ones alone. LOL

[just went there for a look]

And it's funny that the OT rates like 3.5 stars and the PT rates a solid 4 stars.
    Look at the number of votes though, the PT has a mere 200 while the OT has 10 times as many. The smaller a polling sample, the easier to get skewed info.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Look at the number of votes though, the PT has a mere 200 while the OT has 10 times as many. The smaller a polling sample, the easier to get skewed info.
    Not in this case, when people were posting BS 1-Star reviews long before the set was even released.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Not in this case, when people were posting BS 1-Star reviews long before the set was even released.
    The OT reviews seem to cover everything from the VHS through the DVD releases, so to claim that only bogus Blu-Ray response is to blame seems short-sighted. There are 13 years of reviews in the OT listing, many of the pre-Blu-Ray ones are positive, so the run-up to the Blu-Rays but before their release is the only sampling you should be citing.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Oh, I'm sure there's plenty of BS reviews there. Not just the Blu-Ray ones.

Amazon.Com's reviews just are not reliable, because there's no standards.

In the run-up to the Blu-ray releases, I was checking different forum sites that were posting information about the changes and bonus features. I shan't link to them due to salty language, but they were definitely huge proponents of posting 1-star reviews of the box set on Amazon to voice their extreme dissatisfaction with the changes and lack of "original" versions. The poor rating was there long before the set was released and anyone had the chance to experience the films as a whole (instead of lasering in on the changes) or the setup on a good display. Amazon should really not allow reviews until a product has actually been released and separate the different releases, but I really pay them no mind aside from this instance.

Anyway, I've been out of the country for a little bit and otherwise busy so I haven't been able to watch any more of this set. There's still SO much to watch, it's incredible.

Home Media Magazine recently held their 2nd Annual Home Media Awards.

Star Wars: The Complete Saga took home 5 prestigious awards:

1. Best Box Set
    2. Best Extras
    3. Best Catalog Collection
    4. Best Title Upgrade
    5. Blu-ray Disc of the Year

http://www.homemediamagazine.com/awa...a-awards-27108

It looks like the Blu-ray trilogy sets will be re-released with DVD copies of the films on October 8. Here is the prequel trilogy and the original trilogy. The only semi-interesting things about these releases seems to be the new packaging and the fact that the 2011 versions of the films will be available on DVD . . . that is, until we hear they've been changed again, or something . . .

I am wondering when we will see the original theatrical release on blu-ray. I have little doubt that they will be released, there is a lot of demand for them, it's just a question of when.

Interesting that they are putting out the blu-ray versions on DVD, considering that DVD is essentially a dying format. I suppose it's an easy enough transfer with low associated costs, which makes it attractive as a revenue generator.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    It looks like the Blu-ray trilogy sets will be re-released with DVD copies of the films on October 8. Here is the prequel trilogy and the original trilogy. The only semi-interesting things about these releases seems to be the new packaging and the fact that the 2011 versions of the films will be available on DVD . . . that is, until we hear they've been changed again, or something . . .
    With Lucas out of Lucasfilm, I doubt we'll see any substantive changes to the saga from this point on, beyond conversion to 5th-dimensional video or whatever silly gimmick comes next.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    I am wondering when we will see the original theatrical release on blu-ray. I have little doubt that they will be released, there is a lot of demand for them, it's just a question of when.

Interesting that they are putting out the blu-ray versions on DVD, considering that DVD is essentially a dying format. I suppose it's an easy enough transfer with low associated costs, which makes it attractive as a revenue generator.
    There are no remaining non-SE masters of A New Hope left, so it'd have to be taken from an inferior print which is unlikely as that would require remastering and DNR which would be expensive AND unpopular. The point of the Special Editions was to salvage the master print on ANH as Fox had let that print rot away in their salt mine vault, and of that restoration we got ANH:SE.

The popular thing right now seems to be including DVD copies for the kiddies.

If I were editing a new ROTJ version with Luke's building his lightsaber scene in the film, I would do this:

Start ROTJ exactly as it begins now. After Vader tells Jerjerrod, "The Emperor is not as forgiving as I," he walks through the new Death Star II and he has ordered a private meditation chamber being built on the station as well (like his one in the Executer).

There he removes his helmet but we do not yet see Anakin's face. This must be kept under anticipation until Luke removes the helmet at the end of the movie.

However, we see the back of Vader's head, like in ESB, and then a close-up of just his eyes, closing, like he's meditating on The Force.

As he does, he has A VISION OF LUKE, and that blends into Luke constructing his saber. T

Then after Luke activates the blade, the movie continues with R2 and C-3PO moving towards Jabba's Palace.

I am also a big fan of Lapti Nek. While the new SE song has a whole new act choreographed to it, I'd restore some scenes of Oola from the original ROTJ so we see her more strongly resist Jabba before he drops her. The new footage Femi Taylor shot is then fine to use, but blend that part where she whips the chain from the original version back in, and she says in Twi'Lek something the auto-censor would block here if I wrote it in English.

Finally, while the Max Rebo Band is on the sailbarge going to the Sarlacc, they could edit back in Lapti Nek as the music and maybe mess with a little more CGI to have the band play that song on the Sailbarge.

I don't know if the sandstorm needs to be restored.

----------------------------------------------------

ESB I wouldn't mess with except change Luke's line to R2 "You're lucky you don't taste very good."

I think Veers should live. He's the most effective Imperial commander we've seen. Let them have "one guy."

Maybe put in Wiorkettle, Treva Horme, and more Cloud City aliens they originally filmed, like Utriss M'Toc.

Oh - in Palpatine's hologram, restore the original dialog from the Emperor and Vader does not say anything but "Bring my ship!" When he's going to pursue the Falcon out of Bespin, he's not interested in having a staff stand in parade assembly when his shuttle lands. Anakin's always been practical.

Add in whomever shot C-3PO on Cloud City. It should be shown.

--------------------------------------------------------

ANH - Han shot first!

If I can make it clearer for you: Han shot first! OK - there's a friggin' T-shirt that says so!

Also, let's not have Luke's lightsaber be green on the Millennium Falcon. I have no idea why they did that.

--------------------------------------------------------

ROTS - restore Mon Mothma's scene forming a resistance to Papatine in the secret meeting in Padme's office.

-----------------------------------------------------------

AOTC - restore the scenes with Padme's family and her talking to her sister and mother about Anakin's interest in her. Also restore her Geonosian trial scene. The bedroom scene where Anakin looks at Padme's pictures might be worthwhile, too.

-----------------------------------------------------------

TPM - restore the Sith probe finding Qui-Gon with Anakin on Tatooine and Qui-Gon slicing it in half before they start running.

restore the Naboo waterfall scene with the Gungan sub.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.