Hybrid View

Special Action Figure Sets

I am really excited about the vintage style Special Action Figure Sets that were revealed at CV. Apparently, it's going to be a three-pack of three-packs and a Target exclusive. The Bespin Alliance Set features Bespin Wing Guard, Lando, and Bespin Luke. The Hoth Rebels set includes Hoth Han, Hoth Rebel Trooper, and FX-7. The Imperial set features 4-LOM, AT-AT Driver, and TIE Fighter Pilot.

I'm excited for three reasons. First, I've always thought the vintage three packs looked cool, but I hardly ever come across them. When I do, they are very expensive. Second, it's a chance to get the Utris version of the Bespin Wing Guard. And third, it's the triumphant return of FX-7! Even though it was originally released back around '01, I think it's still one of the best figures in the whole modern line. While I would prefer to have the option of purchasing these sets individually, I still think this is Hasbro's best nod yet to the Kenner line.
    "Is that the Six Million Dollar Man's boss?"

Arguably all good points...but I'm passing, because it seems like yet another of Hasbro's infinite ways to jam more repacks down our throats. And as long as consumers continue to buy them, they will come.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

I'll be honest, had these all been army builders I might have bought a couple, now it's a pass. I mean, I see what they're trying to do but I've got all of these figures. The fact that you can only buy them all nine at a time is also a bit hard to swallow. If you just want Utris, that's 8 figures you have to buy just to get him. That's worse than the build a droid parts people complained about.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

I passed on several of these from the Legacy line, so this may come in handy. What was the Suggested Retail Price of these 3-packs? $15.99 or less, I hope?
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I passed on several of these from the Legacy line, so this may come in handy. What was the Suggested Retail Price of these 3-packs? $15.99 or less, I hope?
    It's a single boxed set of THREE 3-packs in 1 box with 3 sub-packages, so probably more like $40-$60.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by jonthejedi View Post
    Arguably all good points...but I'm passing, because it seems like yet another of Hasbro's infinite ways to jam more repacks down our throats. And as long as consumers continue to buy them, they will come.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    I'll be honest, had these all been army builders I might have bought a couple, now it's a pass. I mean, I see what they're trying to do but I've got all of these figures. The fact that you can only buy them all nine at a time is also a bit hard to swallow. If you just want Utris, that's 8 figures you have to buy just to get him. That's worse than the build a droid parts people complained about.
    Both of you sum up exactly how I feel about them.