Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

buying from Yestertoys? Think twice!

so I received a carded "new" vintage figure from yestertoys the other day. to my surprise the figure was shipped in a flimsy thinwall cardboard box that can't withstand any light hits not to mention strong blows to it.
    what you see in the pics below is the condition the box arrived in. the box's height is barely higher than the bubble itself. needless to say that damages to the bubble and card are inevidable.
    it has been a long time to see a bubble arrive in that kind of a condition. the seller claims he ships thousands of figures like this, which means, YOUR'S COULD BE NEXT!
    i very rarely discuss these things in public, actually never. but if you like your figures and cards near mint, one should be aware of this.
    i expect more from someone whose shipping is expensive.
    to solve this i was asked to return the item before a new one would be shipped. so basically i'm supposed to pay more for a decent figure just because the seller is not capable of protecting their goods in transit with a large and strong enough box in the first place.
    i also had to wait very long to get responses to my emails.

Photo:
    http://www.potf2.com/files/aaron/yestdambob.JPG

http://www.potf2.com/files/aaron/yestdambob.JPG

the seller refuses to refund. he wants me to ship back the damaged item, causing me to spend even more money. he also suggested to just return the item not registered mail, so that way i have no proof that i returned anything. combine that with his inflated shipping charges, his non existent customer service, and you know what kind of individual you are dealing with!

Is this someone on eBay, or an online toy collector store? I had some problems with a book I had won on an eBay auction some years ago, first they didn't send it, then I had to get the eBay "Square trader" or "fairtrader" or whatever it is, involved. They then sent me athe book, but the die cut cover was damaged, and the clasp was busted off.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett View Post
    Is this someone on eBay, or an online toy collector store? I had some problems with a book I had won on an eBay auction some years ago, first they didn't send it, then I had to get the eBay "Square trader" or "fairtrader" or whatever it is, involved. They then sent me athe book, but the die cut cover was damaged, and the clasp was busted off.
    it's an ebay seller that goes by the name, located in canada.

Oh man! I'm not a "in package" collector, but that would **** me off if I was! That shipping box looks awful if that's the condition it arrived in. And the figure packaging itself was damaged as a result. Some Ebay sellers hike the prices on thier S&H, which isn't right. I'm sorry this happened to you, notify Ebay, see if they can do something for you. Also leave negative feedback for the seller.
    "Dengar Ewoks!"

I bought a wave of "Not mint" figures from Entertainment Earth. Almost every figure in the wave had a crushed bubble. I still order stuff from EE, but I no longer buy "not mint". I''d rather pay a little more, and get my figures in at least decent shape. Thanks for the clarification volkerc.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

[FONT=Courier New]One more reason I won't use eBay anymore.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

That's a shame as I used to deal with Yestertoys WAAAAAAAAY back in the AOTC days when they had an actual website and weren't just an e-bayer. Their service was pretty awesome then and I rarely had trouble. Then their website stopped updating and everything went down the crapper.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

another update: i asked the seller twice through paypal to refund, as he is not resending an item that is not damaged. he opened a claim telling paypal: "I think the Customer want to steel it from me."

yeah right. what a piece of....

Besides that guy is so retarded he won't even contact the mail service for a claim! great customer service yesterboy.

and yes he wrote "steel" not "steal".

This sounds like a case for a judge; Judge Judy.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.