Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thank you JT, I will wait to see how it goes with the EE comic packs. I just don't want the comic packs to end.

"This *is* the super-sized Slave I, with a lot more interior room. It as big as we are going to make the Slave I. Whether or not we do an eventual EpV version depends on how this one does this Fall at retail." -HASBRO......Why in the world would they base this on a sale of a battle pack with ships and figures we don't want...If they truly wanted to base their decision off of sales of the slave I, why didn't they just pack it by itself?????? So if they DO decide to make a EpV version, would it be safe to say that this battle pack will include a cloud car and some exclusive bespin guards????????

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    8 - Back in June's Q&A, we asked about whether this year's Saga Legends Battle Droids 2-pack that uses the superior, most recent tooling would have corrected paint (giant eyes and the wrong location of the big yellow chest circle on the commander) and the neck peg assembled correctly. On the paint, you said it'd be corrected, and on the neck you said it'd get looked into. Now that the set is out, the battle droids still have paint issues - now both figures have huge eyes, and the commander's yellow circle is still too low - and the neck is still backwards. With these new-mold Battle Droids making a very welcome return to stores, fans are wondering, will these issues will get addressed in this run? If not, will there be a later run they can look forward to with the corrected eyes, chest dot, and neck assembly?
    Do we want to consider revising this question? Yakface is reporting a running change to the eye deco (it's on their front page) though the commander's dot and the neck still seem to be problematic.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Quote Originally Posted by bkusna View Post
    "This *is* the super-sized Slave I, with a lot more interior room. It as big as we are going to make the Slave I. Whether or not we do an eventual EpV version depends on how this one does this Fall at retail." -HASBRO......Why in the world would they base this on a sale of a battle pack with ships and figures we don't want...If they truly wanted to base their decision off of sales of the slave I, why didn't they just pack it by itself?????? So if they DO decide to make a EpV version, would it be safe to say that this battle pack will include a cloud car and some exclusive bespin guards????????
    I'm assuming that, since the $65 vehicle pricepoint doesn't exist anymore, then they had to find a way to make it worth $100. Hence the addition of the Jedi Starfighter. It's a shame though, because I would have bought this vehicle without hesitation if it was just the Slave 1 by itself. Now, I'm not so sure.

Question 14 added.

Question 5 has been struck, it has been answered, negatively.

Question 8 has been struck, it partly seems to have been dealt with (the eyes are now smaller, and the necks are easy to re-orient at home).

If you have voted for either of those struck questions, consider yourself refunded 1 vote each.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid View Post
    There was new stuff. Stuff we didn't know about. YessirreeBob. But...

The entire AOTC wave had already been nailed down in a pretty accurate list before the shows. Going into the show they should have known we knew all of their vintage line carded figures they were going to announce and at least told us what wave one of '11 was.

My point is this, and I'm fine with not asking a question, but I want you to understand what I'm saying, even if you disagree. Since there are always rumors and leaks they should have that built in to their plans for revealing information and stay ahead of the curve. They have expressed a willingness in Q&As to say things like "in the fall of '11 you'll get Bom Vimdin." They want the shows to be the centerpiece of their information roll outs, so at least do as much in the presentation as you're wiling to do in the Q&As. I'm just saying it would be fun if at the end of each presentation if they would say "here are two figures or a wave of figures you guys don't know about that we're exacted that WE get to be the ones to tell you are coming next year".

Hogwash indeed.
    I'm sorry, I am just not seeing what you mean. I hadn't seen Zam Wesell or much of that wave until I saw the panel pics here on SSG after the CV panel. I didn't know there was a new Ackbar or Luke or what to expect of the Gamorrean Guard until I saw them at SDCC. But even if I had known for sure about them, I don't think Hasbro should feel compelled to go revealing stuff they aren't ready to simply because of rumor lists or even incomplete retailer lists, or even really because of leaked images. Where would that end? They'd be showing off drawings of stuff that Lucasfilm hasn't even approved yet? (I suppose that LFL thing is another aspect, they require licensor approval before the images can be formally revealed.)

Rumor lists don't mean anything to me, I stopped reading them for the most part because for every right list there were 5 wrong ones. There's not an infinite number of possible figures left to do for AOTC, it's not hard to guess that after 8 years they might do a new Zam Wesell.

I dunno what to say here. Yes, this year's reveals were light. But no, I don't believe they should always try to stump the leaks and rumor lists to prove themselves. This year there will be a whopping 5 basic figure waves due to various line issues. How far ahead should Hasbro have have contingency plans enacted to stay ahead of that? Over a year's worth. We know that some of these don't even get LFL approval or final tooling in that time period. Just because Apple's iphone 4 got leaked doesn't mean they should then show off the iphone 5, ya know? What am I missing from your argument?

EDIT: Ok, as I'm gathering up the answers for the last round that hit a few days ago, I see a confirmation on a figure we hadn't heard about yet that won't be on shelves until May 1st. So I do understand now what you're getting at, that they're selective in Q&A about revealing stuff. That said, I don't really agree with your opinion on how to address it, there are more complex factors than we know about going on there, and it's a LOT easier to confirm 1 or 2 figures with words than with pictures of final, approved paint masters for an entire wave.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    A new question based on the reports of people receiving their RF Boba Fetts heavily damaged in the mail:

The current Rocket-Firing Boba Fett mailaway promotion is one of the most exciting promotions for the Star Wars line in many years. It's done a lot to reenergize many collectors. Unfortunately, that sense of nostalgia and satisfaction at finally getting the figure we were all promised over 30 years ago, is being tarnished by the condition that the actual toys are arriving in. Many collectors are reporting that the cards for the figures are arriving in heavily damaged condition, because there is no packing material to protect the cards during the shipping process. In addition to the 5 UPC codes from purchased figures, we are also required to send in $6.99 for this "free" action figure. Many collectors assumed that the $6.99 was going to be used to ship the toy with reasonable protection to prevent it from becoming damaged in the mail, but this has clearly not been the case. So exactly what was that $6.99 per figure used for? And why are you allowing this highly anticipated figure to be sent through the mail in such a way that it is getting nearly destroyed in transit? If it is the figure that is supposed to matter and not the card, then why bother even producing a cardback for it at all?
    This is something I'm trying to get answered from Hasbro without the need for Q&A, so I'm going to hold it back until we hear that we have to ask it "officially", which I doubt we will.

Quote Originally Posted by bkusna View Post
    I must admit, a variation of that question has been on my mind as well. I will add it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I'm assuming that, since the $65 vehicle pricepoint doesn't exist anymore, then they had to find a way to make it worth $100. Hence the addition of the Jedi Starfighter. It's a shame though, because I would have bought this vehicle without hesitation if it was just the Slave 1 by itself. Now, I'm not so sure.
    The box for the Y-wing was so flat, I can't picture this new Slave I being planned for it, but you make an interesting point. I will incorporate that aspect.

I too am not feeling this release at this point, my dollar is stretched pretty thin and I have NO use for Mace's rather boring JSF, nor that Mace figure itself yet again, nor another of the same Anakin. And to be honest, I'm not even that thrilled by the Slave I, the only feature I actively wanted added was the main door, and it's the one thing left out.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    Do we want to consider revising this question? Yakface is reporting a running change to the eye deco (it's on their front page) though the commander's dot and the neck still seem to be problematic.
    I have cut it because the eyes are smaller and the neck is easily fixed at home. The chest dot by itself feels a bit too lame to ask. I will reconsider if anybody can come up with a good argument.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

replace my "5" vote with 12

Sucks that Hasbro isn't considering the Fanblade yet. You'd think that it's appearance in the series and starfighter function would guarantee it a spot in the line.
    Most wanted "bottom-of-the-barrel scrapes": ANH: Kal'Falnl C'ndros, Revwien (concept art), Tzizvvt ESB: Wiorkettle, Treva Horme ROTJ: Cane Adiss, Loje Nella TPM: Edcel Bar Gane AOTC: Rogwa Wodrata ROTS: Mon Calamari Dancer, Veedaaz Awmetth, Eeusu Estornii EU: Guri (red outfit), Ket Maliss

I will apply my refunded votes towards Qs 9 and 11.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

I realize this is a bit premature but I just wanted to get this off my chest. After the wonderful news about Kithaba (and likely later Barada, congrats btw BigBarada!) I wanted to address my number one figure want just to see specifically where Hasbro stands on the issue. I think even though it is specific I believe the question has merit because it brings up a valid point - that Cane Adiss will not work on a basic card. At least not in Vintage. So here goes: (I apologize for the "he/they"'s I'm not really sure what pronoun to use in this case haha.)

[FONT=Times New Roman]Has Hasbro considered a way to bring the largest character in the Fanís Choice poll, Cane Adiss, out into the line? As he/they would not be able to fit on a basic Vintage card perhaps he/they could be introduced in a battle pack featuring both him/them, Ephant Mon or Amanaman (both of which are highly requested for re-release). Throw in a Jedi Knight Luke and Palace Lando and you have a solid Ė albeit collector oriented set. Also, have you discussed a possible creature design for Adiss (as that aspect of the character is what has us most curious) and if so roughly what would it look like?[/FONT]
    Most wanted "bottom-of-the-barrel scrapes": ANH: Kal'Falnl C'ndros, Revwien (concept art), Tzizvvt ESB: Wiorkettle, Treva Horme ROTJ: Cane Adiss, Loje Nella TPM: Edcel Bar Gane AOTC: Rogwa Wodrata ROTS: Mon Calamari Dancer, Veedaaz Awmetth, Eeusu Estornii EU: Guri (red outfit), Ket Maliss

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    [SIZE=4]
    EDIT: Ok, as I'm gathering up the answers for the last round that hit a few days ago, I see a confirmation on a figure we hadn't heard about yet that won't be on shelves until May 1st. So I do understand now what you're getting at, that they're selective in Q&A about revealing stuff. That said, I don't really agree with your opinion on how to address it, there are more complex factors than we know about going on there, and it's a LOT easier to confirm 1 or 2 figures with words than with pictures of final, approved paint masters for an entire wave.
    Thanks, glad you see my point whether you agree with it and whether we ask Hasbro a question about it. I was floored in one of the Q&A answers this round when they told another site that maybe they should have revealed '11 wave one at CV and will likely do so in a Q&A. Neat for the Q&As, but a wasted opportunity if they view the presentations as the real roll out moments of the line.