Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boss Nass

Boss Nass

Okay, so this is a little late, but I just recently found time to pull some "older" figures out and I put the Episode I Boss Nass next to the later sculpt of him. What's with the ridiculous size/scale difference? Anybody know? Thanks.

Re: Boss Nass

Originally posted by stillakid
    Okay, so this is a little late, but I just recently found time to pull some "older" figures out and I put the Episode I Boss Nass next to the later sculpt of him. What's with the ridiculous size/scale difference? Anybody know? Thanks.
    Just another case of Hasbro not getting proper height info or comparison picture information from Lucasfilm. Same thing that happened with "Snaggletooth" in the vintage line. All they got was some headshots of the charecter and some design photos and they went from there. Thankfully the travesty of the E1 Boss Nass was fixed with the sweet looking POTJ figure of him.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

So #2 is the "correct" one. Thanks! Maybe I can put lashes on #1 so the Boss has a little Mrs. Nass to cuddle up to.

I know the first scult isn't height accurate, but I have to say i like it better than the second one. The arms just really look goofy on the potj figure, and he has that goofy grin.

Boss Nass did have a goofy grin, plus his arms are supposed to be when he was holding that ball, but they didn't make the ball.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Originally posted by LTBasker
    Boss Nass did have a goofy grin, plus his arms are supposed to be when he was holding that ball, but they didn't make the ball.
    Exactly, to bad they didn't make the figure in the new combined line instead of POTJ. There is plenty of room in the new bubbles for them to include the "Globe of Peace". Maybe when we finally get a Celebration Amidala it will include it. Hopefully Hasbro realizes how much us fans want the E1 Celebration Amidala, and we will see her next year. Til then, maybe I'll see if can find a big glass marble that will work.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Hmm, marbles don't come big enough, best I'd suppose would be a ping pong ball if you could make it clear and then cut a whole in it (but reseal it after of course) to put some sort of energy thing in.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Hmm, marbles don't come big enough, best I'd suppose would be a ping pong ball if you could make it clear and then cut a whole in it (but reseal it after of course) to put some sort of energy thing in.
    Man, they really screwed marbles up then. They used to have large sized ones, I know I still have a few around here. LOL, I wonder where in stores you can actually go and find marbles anymore. Since I don't think kids now a days even play with marbles anymore. God, I feel old again.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I like the second one much better, and i think it is much more accurate than the first. I do wish they would have included the Globe of Peace. Why couldn't they just make the ball?
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

anybody knows where I can find a comparison pic of the two boss nass' - maybe somebody could make one and send it
    just for a reference pic