Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    A nice 45% coupon + membership and looking more through SW: Visions told me that I should pick up this book after all. Especially after noticing some of the "tasteful" paintings (see page 112 ) of female characters included.
    I went cheap and used my 50% BN coupon to get the CW "New Battlefronts" visual guide....cool cover with Visla on it

I had thought it was for card or video games when I first heard the title, but I too leafed through that one. I'll likely pass on it, however.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

how much is this thing? of course there will be more versions of year by year as SW history goes on

SW:YBY has a $50 USD cover price.

And I looked more carefully at the Visions book, noticing the following information: its full title is Star Wars Art: Visions, and it has a Preface, a Foreward, AND an Introduction.

There is another SW:Art book out, it's Concept. Looks nice, from a skim-through. I wonder how many Expanded Universe-type action figures will be made from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    There is another SW:Art book out, it's Concept. Looks nice, from a skim-through. I wonder how many Expanded Universe-type action figures will be made from it.
    I got it from Amazon for $24, the flip-through wasn't quite what I was hoping from it but it does have some charm. I never finished Year by Year or Making of ESB either, I'm getting into a bad habit of buying big SW coffee table books and not digging into them.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I got it from Amazon for $24, the flip-through wasn't quite what I was hoping from it but it does have some charm. I never finished Year by Year or Making of ESB either, I'm getting into a bad habit of buying big SW coffee table books and not digging into them.
    Ay, this reminds me that I got Year By Year a while back and have still barely looked at it. I'm excited for Making of ROTJ, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Ay, this reminds me that I got Year By Year a while back and have still barely looked at it. I'm excited for Making of ROTJ, though.
    I just started MOROTJ; still in the post-ESB and Raiders era at the beginning.

I ended up buying MOROTJ on... oh crap, on Google Play, I forgot I did that. Anyway, I bought it on Google Play so I could read it on my Android tablet and phone. So far, I've been too caught up in other stuff to open it up beyond a quick sampling I did for the article. I think I need to put in more time to finish MOESB though, that's embarrassing to not have finished it after this much time - I blame the size and weigh of that monster book though, c'mon!

As for SW Year by Year, it's sat on the shelf having only flipped through it when I got it, but I did get it free with my Sideshow SDCC cash.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I ended up buying MOROTJ on... oh crap, on Google Play, I forgot I did that. Anyway, I bought it on Google Play so I could read it on my Android tablet and phone. So far, I've been too caught up in other stuff to open it up beyond a quick sampling I did for the article. I think I need to put in more time to finish MOESB though, that's embarrassing to not have finished it after this much time - I blame the size and weigh of that monster book though, c'mon!

As for SW Year by Year, it's sat on the shelf having only flipped through it when I got it, but I did get it free with my Sideshow SDCC cash.
    Yeah, I bought the softcover MOSW, and MOROJ is thicker. It'll take some time, but that's cool. I've been reading YBY a year at a time, out of order just because, so eventually I'll finish that one, too.