Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    A nice 45% coupon + membership and looking more through SW: Visions told me that I should pick up this book after all. Especially after noticing some of the "tasteful" paintings (see page 112 ) of female characters included.
    I went cheap and used my 50% BN coupon to get the CW "New Battlefronts" visual guide....cool cover with Visla on it

I had thought it was for card or video games when I first heard the title, but I too leafed through that one. I'll likely pass on it, however.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

how much is this thing? of course there will be more versions of year by year as SW history goes on

SW:YBY has a $50 USD cover price.

And I looked more carefully at the Visions book, noticing the following information: its full title is Star Wars Art: Visions, and it has a Preface, a Foreward, AND an Introduction.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

There is another SW:Art book out, it's Concept. Looks nice, from a skim-through. I wonder how many Expanded Universe-type action figures will be made from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    There is another SW:Art book out, it's Concept. Looks nice, from a skim-through. I wonder how many Expanded Universe-type action figures will be made from it.
    I got it from Amazon for $24, the flip-through wasn't quite what I was hoping from it but it does have some charm. I never finished Year by Year or Making of ESB either, I'm getting into a bad habit of buying big SW coffee table books and not digging into them.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I got it from Amazon for $24, the flip-through wasn't quite what I was hoping from it but it does have some charm. I never finished Year by Year or Making of ESB either, I'm getting into a bad habit of buying big SW coffee table books and not digging into them.
    Ay, this reminds me that I got Year By Year a while back and have still barely looked at it. I'm excited for Making of ROTJ, though.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Ay, this reminds me that I got Year By Year a while back and have still barely looked at it. I'm excited for Making of ROTJ, though.
    I just started MOROTJ; still in the post-ESB and Raiders era at the beginning.

I ended up buying MOROTJ on... oh crap, on Google Play, I forgot I did that. Anyway, I bought it on Google Play so I could read it on my Android tablet and phone. So far, I've been too caught up in other stuff to open it up beyond a quick sampling I did for the article. I think I need to put in more time to finish MOESB though, that's embarrassing to not have finished it after this much time - I blame the size and weigh of that monster book though, c'mon!

As for SW Year by Year, it's sat on the shelf having only flipped through it when I got it, but I did get it free with my Sideshow SDCC cash.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I ended up buying MOROTJ on... oh crap, on Google Play, I forgot I did that. Anyway, I bought it on Google Play so I could read it on my Android tablet and phone. So far, I've been too caught up in other stuff to open it up beyond a quick sampling I did for the article. I think I need to put in more time to finish MOESB though, that's embarrassing to not have finished it after this much time - I blame the size and weigh of that monster book though, c'mon!

As for SW Year by Year, it's sat on the shelf having only flipped through it when I got it, but I did get it free with my Sideshow SDCC cash.
    Yeah, I bought the softcover MOSW, and MOROJ is thicker. It'll take some time, but that's cool. I've been reading YBY a year at a time, out of order just because, so eventually I'll finish that one, too.