Thread: Target

Hybrid View

Target

Hey all, new here. I managed to find all of the figures I wanted at TRU a few days ago, but have been itching to return them and just get them at Target for cheaper, but my closest one currently doesn't have them.

I'm wondering if they're commonly showing up at Target stores yet or if it's just a rare off chance I'll spot one at another Target. If not, then when can I expect to see them?

Feedback appreciated, thanks!

edit: actually come to think of it, I went back to the same TRU the morning after I bought all of the figures, and they were completely cleaned out and only displaying figures from the first wave. Not a single one from wave 2 was to be seen anywhere. Maybe TRUs got hit by Hasbro and are holding back stock? Just some insight.

Quote Originally Posted by M_j View Post
    Hey all, new here. I managed to find all of the figures I wanted at TRU a few days ago, but have been itching to return them and just get them at Target for cheaper, but my closest one currently doesn't have them.

I'm wondering if they're commonly showing up at Target stores yet or if it's just a rare off chance I'll spot one at another Target. If not, then when can I expect to see them?

Feedback appreciated, thanks!

edit: actually come to think of it, I went back to the same TRU the morning after I bought all of the figures, and they were completely cleaned out and only displaying figures from the first wave. Not a single one from wave 2 was to be seen anywhere. Maybe TRUs got hit by Hasbro and are holding back stock? Just some insight.
    TRU is notorious for putting out product before it's supposed to be released....I found WAVE 1 at the end of JUNE at TRU when the street date was August....People have been reporting WAVE 2 at Target so be on the lookout....I've always bought my figures from TRU just to later return them after I find them at Target

Thank you very much! Looks like I'm just going to have to check out some more Targets then.

And yeah I just found it extremely odd that TRU had dozens of wave 2 figures all over the place one day, and absolutely none the next. Doubt they all sold, they must have cleaned up the floors after a flag went up.

Thank you very much! Looks like I'm just going to have to check out some more Targets then.

And yeah I just found it extremely odd that TRU had dozens of wave 2 figures all over the place one day, and absolutely none the next. Doubt they all sold, they must have cleaned up the floors after a flag went up.
    The street date only applied to the first wave. Everything is fair game now - when it comes in, it goes on-shelf, assuming there's space. It's not uncommon for brand-new items to get cleared out quickly, even if it seems unlikely.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

MY TRU had 3 cases on Friday morning.....I came back Friday night and they were all gone except the pegwarmers like bespin luke and boba fett...It was strange because in two of the cases, the figures were all smashed up and the cards were all bent...I didn't care because I open them anyways....

TARGET is now sucking.....haven't seen anything new for weeks...Walmart is taking over the star wars world......

Quote Originally Posted by bkusna View Post
    TARGET is now sucking.....haven't seen anything new for weeks...Walmart is taking over the star wars world......
    Target was the second retailer (after TRU) to get the TVC - and that was only a month ago. Patience. These things fluctuate and change. Are you new to collecting?
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by bkusna View Post
    MY TRU had 3 cases on Friday morning.....I came back Friday night and they were all gone except the pegwarmers like bespin luke and boba fett...It was strange because in two of the cases, the figures were all smashed up and the cards were all bent...I didn't care because I open them anyways....
    I wish I lived in a place where Fett was pegwarming, I haven't seen one yet. The Target in Spring Meadows, Ohio has every wave 1 vintage figure pegwarming except Fett and Luke.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    I wish I lived in a place where Fett was pegwarming, I haven't seen one yet. The Target in Spring Meadows, Ohio has every wave 1 vintage figure pegwarming except Fett and Luke.
    He's a re-pack in wave 2, so keep checking your walmarts....I saw a walmart with 12 fetts yesterday...