China and Malaysia Ebay lots

Im curious if anyone has bought any of these clone, etc figure lots on ebay from these sellers in China?

It is so cheap for army building but was wondering if they may be knock offs or people who have "access" to pre packaged stock if you catch my drift. Pics look dead on so I am not really sure.

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by nohagent View Post
    Im curious if anyone has bought any of these clone, etc figure lots on ebay from these sellers in China?

It is so cheap for army building but was wondering if they may be knock offs or people who have "access" to pre packaged stock if you catch my drift. Pics look dead on so I am not really sure.

Any thoughts?
    I believe they are factory reject figures. I've read accounts from several people who have purchased them and all the figures that they receive have some sort of flaw (usually a missing paint app).

Going by Hasbro's comments, they actually consider these figures to be stolen property; but I guess they have no legal jurisdiction to do anything about it in those countries.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I have bought a whole bunch of GH figures from Malaysia and haven't had a problem with them.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    I have bought a whole bunch of GH figures from Malaysia and haven't had a problem with them.
    Well that supports the whole "stolen property" claim from Hasbro.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Yeah, I just got a set of the new ROTS clones with the ball-jointed hips and they look fine to me. I have heard that some Chinese factories allow workers to take some product every so often so that they don't have to steal it. It's possible the eBay sellers tell people which figures are in demand and they take them and sell them to him and he turns around and sells them on eBay?
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    It's possible the eBay sellers tell people which figures are in demand and they take them and sell them to him and he turns around and sells them on eBay?
    Yeah, I highly doubt that. I don't think there is anything legitimate about these Ebay sellers at all. As far as I'm concerned, they are selling stolen property. If you are okay with purchasing from them, then that's fine. I'm not going to tell you that you are wrong, but I am concerned that you are being shortsighted and ultimately harming the Star Wars line in the long run.

I have purchased many figures from one particular seller. there is never anything wrong with them, so they are not factory rejects. I don't believe they are stolen either. this guy sells thousands of them. I believe they buy them at a discount right from the factory. How could he steal that many, for that long. His feedback i think is around 22,700. Thats all from his star wars sales for the most part. Hes been doing it for years.

I bought my Teek figure from him back in March. It arrived very fast. Upon examining him, I can find no flaws to speak of. It is a really well made figure. I know I only paid $13.00 for him, but as Darth Nobody says, he's been doing it for years. I don't beleive it's all stolen merchandise. FYI, I also paid fill price for a full Star Tours Boarding Party set.
    "Dengar Ewoks!"

If it's the guy I'm thinking of, there is no way they could be stolen. Ebay is not anonymous, so any seller selling as much as he does would be easily be discovered as a thief and fired or shut down.

I think the reject theory would be a better angle. I know that even though the GH I bought looked good, they were a little more bendable and rubbery than regular ones.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Yeah, I highly doubt that. I don't think there is anything legitimate about these Ebay sellers at all. As far as I'm concerned, they are selling stolen property. If you are okay with purchasing from them, then that's fine. I'm not going to tell you that you are wrong, but I am concerned that you are being shortsighted and ultimately harming the Star Wars line in the long run.
    I am.

You are wrong and you are being shortsighted and harming the Star Wars line in the long run.

Really, though, just buy it when it comes to stores. It helps to move the product so new stuff can flow in properly, and so the sales stay up and we can continue the line in the upcoming years. In my eyes, it's just as bad (if not worse) than pirating movies, which is another thing people think is no big deal.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram